Login

russian armor

Sick/bored of MG42 -.-

PAGES (17)down
5 Sep 2013, 08:35 AM
Honorary Member Badge

I think i have read somewhere a comment by Quinn or one of the other Relic devs, that they felt in CoH1 an early engagement with a huge flank did punish the person too much that got flanked. IIRC they selled it with their "Every game tells a story" argument, introducing more chances for a comeback.

I personally disagree with this view and am with StephennJF. Please make HMGs less dominant and support flanking tactics.
Remove the supression bulletin and reduce line of sight of HMGs, so that they need a spotter again.
5 Sep 2013, 08:54 AM

I'm with Onkel Sam on this one. "Talking MG's" is becoming a popular tactic, and players are starting to use them very effectivley.

Tell me, how flanking is a reasonable counter, when running straight into another HMG squad is a given in most games now. Good microing will lock down entire parts of the map, forcing the soviet player into the usual "cheesecake" build orders or to give up important sectors and sit out the situation until armor hits the field.

I am happy to hear changes have been made /are being worked on. The upcoming patch will, hopefully, be a great day in my book!
5 Sep 2013, 09:26 AM
Benefactor 115

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Sep 2013, 08:26 AMAbdul

Could be, but the game has so many major design flaws, it goes beyond balance. That's what makes me suspect different people involved. The previous game was much better made.

true but doesn't necessarily mean that can only be fixed by copying vCoH
5 Sep 2013, 10:09 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Sep 2013, 08:11 AMAbdul

Its very probable that the people in charge of this game/project are not the same ones that made the original game.

I also suspect this is the case but it doesn't matter: it's still a product from the same studio, and they could (and should) have looked at their own product to see how and why it worked as well as it did.

Just saying "this is a new team so we know nothing about CoH1" is a little too simple.

@Tuvok: Sure, you can also fix it in another way I'm sure. It just means you'll be reinventing the wheel.
5 Sep 2013, 10:58 AM

Sniper/Guards is more annoying
5 Sep 2013, 11:57 AM
Admin Red  Badge

+ SU85 in 2vs2 is unbeatable if well microed/positioned.
5 Sep 2013, 13:35 PM

Eating shit is also more annoying. Stop going offtopic.
5 Sep 2013, 13:46 PM

Permanently Banned
Nothing was changed on MG42s in last patch.

People try to make it out as if something went suddenly and dramatically wrong, and accusing Relic of retardation and what not kinds of insults.

MG42 is today exactly the same it was 2 months ago.

Infact the ONLY change it has received including open beta, was a 4th man, to bring it to 3/4 the survival of a Maxim. Before that same patch, Maxims absolutely assraped MG42s, and had done so throughout closed and open beta, and no sov fanbois even batted a fucking eyelid.
5 Sep 2013, 14:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Sep 2013, 09:26 AMtuvok

true but doesn't necessarily mean that can only be fixed by copying vCoH

What I mean is that the attention to details, quality control, and overall execution in coh1 was better. With coh2 you have a some what improved concept that is implemented poorly.
5 Sep 2013, 14:17 PM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Sep 2013, 14:06 PMAbdul

What I mean is that the attention to details, quality control, and overall execution in coh1 was better. With coh2 you have a some what improved concept that is implemented poorly.

Not everything in CoH1 was great right from the start. There were huge imbalances especially early on (Caliopes with main gun, Nascar Crocs, etc.). Of course people will jump at me with the "brits" argument, but a lot of the optimization and balancing that made CoH1 the polished product that it is now (except servers) have not been executed by the original developers either, but the ones who are responsible now.
5 Sep 2013, 14:19 PM

People try to make it out as if something went suddenly and dramatically wrong, and accusing Relic of retardation and what not kinds of insults.

Infact the ONLY change it has received including open beta, was a 4th man, to bring it to 3/4 the survival of a Maxim. Before that same patch, Maxims absolutely assraped MG42s, and had done so throughout closed and open beta, and no sov fanbois even batted a fucking eyelid.

Let me guess: you're a german player? Cause it's hilarious how you keep trying to understate the magnitude of the problem with the MG42. You make it sound like the 3 to 4 man upgrade was a minor thing, when in fact it was gamebreaking. And yes, it took a bit of time for the metagame to evolve in a way that this became fully apparent.

Just a general note to everyone: start playing both factions. If you play only one faction and get really childish like the guy above nobody is going to take you seriously. Especially if you start calling people that play the other faction "sov fanbois".

Stop acting like a 12y old that's about to have his cookie taken from him.
5 Sep 2013, 14:22 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post5 Sep 2013, 14:19 PMStoffa
You make it sound like the 3 to 4 man upgrade was a minor thing, when in fact it was gamebreaking.

Explain this to me.

You trying to seriously claim that Relic broke the game by raising MG42s survival from 1/2 of Maxims, to 3/4?

I'm not calling people who "play the opposite faction", fanbois.
I'm calling rabid raving morons with no interest in balance, fanbois.
There is a fucking difference, though I am not surprised it escapes you.
5 Sep 2013, 14:23 PM

Explain this to me.

You trying to seriously claim that Relic broke the game by raising MG42s survival from 1/2 of Maxims, to 3/4?

Nevermind, there is just no reasoning with you. It's like you asking me to explain why water is wet.
5 Sep 2013, 14:24 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post5 Sep 2013, 14:23 PMStoffa

Nevermind, there is just no reasoning with you. It's like you asking me to explain why water is wet.

Yeah, go ahead and fold.

When asked to backup your crap, you got nothing.

Asked you a serious question, for a serious answer.
No wonder you can't deliver on that.
5 Sep 2013, 14:24 PM

Yes they have been like this for a long time but the recent AT Grenade/Panzerfaust/Armored Car changes have shifted meta a bit and made going for flamer scout cars (drive it up to a MG42, roast it then kill it on the retreat back to base) more risky/less viable.

Before, there was an easy (some might even call it cheap) counter to the MG42 that can now be fought off easier.
Thus, some problems like too inefficient flanking became a lot more evident.
At the same time, two maps on which the MG42 is very powerful were introduced to the game. I think that may be the strongest influence on the perceived problem.

It is just a lot of stuff coming together at one time.
I really hope Relic aren't too zealous in their nerfing.
MG-spam might be not fun to play against but playing gren spam just to not get torn a new one by M3s was neither.
5 Sep 2013, 14:26 PM

Yeah, go ahead and fold.

When asked to backup your crap, you got nothing.

Asked you a serious question, for a serious answer.
No wonder you can't deliver on that.

Read what I wrote two posts earlier.

1. Stop playing only Germans.
2. Stop calling Soviet players "sov fanbois".
3. Stop acting like you're 12 (unless you are 12, then it's ok).
5 Sep 2013, 14:32 PM

Permanently Banned
Explain this to me.

1) I can play whatever faction I want.
2) I dont call Sov players "fanbois. I call retarded monkeys, fanbois, on both factions.
3) Im 32. Stop acting like a child and not answering direct questions when presented to you.
5 Sep 2013, 14:35 PM

How does a Maxim own an MG-42??
Please explain,I'm thrilled :)

Dude did you even watch the example videos that were posted by, for instance, Stephen in this topic? What's your ladder position anyway, if you fail to understand the extreme strength of the MG42 it can't be high.

I recall in Vcoh that if the german player built an MG first there was a high potential of getting punished with that build first, by a jeep or flanking rifles. In this game there is like NO Punishment for building a MG-42 first, I think 90% of German players do that, it's probably even higher.
PAGES (17)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

United Kingdom 69
Germany 21

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak