Login

russian armor

Why shouldn't CoH3 be set in WW1 instead?

16 Jun 2018, 22:44 PM

Actually, they made a short trailer of how this game would work. Rivetting stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTmimW2Iw20
17 Jun 2018, 06:31 AM

Western Front is literally attrition and artillery spam on epic proportions until certain breakthroughs by both sides (Spring offensive/ Allied counter attack)

Though Eastern Front and Middle East is a lot more fluid and would be a fuck load more interesting.
17 Jun 2018, 07:09 AM

Western Front is literally attrition and artillery spam on epic proportions until certain breakthroughs by both sides (Spring offensive/ Allied counter attack)

Though Eastern Front and Middle East is a lot more fluid and would be a fuck load more interesting.

Yes, the Eastern Front is an interesting and maneuverable front. But the problem is that to sell the game the Western Front is needed, people will buy the game more willingly the game will be about the Western Front.
While I am personally more interested in the Eastern Front.
17 Jun 2018, 08:14 AM

Yes, the Eastern Front is an interesting and maneuverable front. But the problem is that to sell the game the Western Front is needed, people will buy the game more willingly the game will be about the Western Front.
While I am personally more interested in the Eastern Front.

Hopefully instead of an "either or", we can see all of it.

WWI is interesting and none of the games as of late do it any justice. Between BF1 and their incessant desire to issue everyone with some form of Semi-Automatic rifle, and games with too small a community like Tannenburg, there really isn't much option.

17 Jun 2018, 09:56 AM

I don't think WW1 fits into CoH's dynamic and combined arms nature. Too few vehicles to supplement the infantry.

I'd rather see either just another WWII setting or something between WWII and the end of the Cold War. I think a 1980s scenario could be a nice setting as it's the pinnacle of the 'mechanical' warfare era.
17 Jun 2018, 10:23 AM

It can be any scenario if they do it right. So stop saying this or that can't be done.
20 Jun 2018, 17:08 PM

Just putting this here for all of the naysayers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hs857RflCZE&index=33
22 Jun 2018, 14:35 PM

It seemed like a great concept for BF1 but I found it quickly grew stale, even with the lenient attitude towards historical accuracy Dice took.
22 Jun 2018, 20:35 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

The video doesn't prove much since it's basically pointless for the thread. The only 2 relevant points are the mentioning of the different fronts and that not everything was Western front trench warfare.
That been said, would weaponry and vehicles on that time frame, would work well for the dynamics the franchise of CoH has ?

If you look at the mod as a starting point, you'll see that it looks like a squad based watered down version of Men of War, in the sense of how combat disposition looks like.

Forget about naval combat/support. Forget about vertical combat, engine proved to suck handling different heights. Practically 0 tank warfare and mostly vehicle as logistic/support style. The few tanks would handle like JT or Stugs with the exception of small light tanks like the fiats.

A WW1 RTS could work, but it wouldn't play like any CoH game. I don't think Relic would gamble their last golden goose in such a risky maneuver.
23 Jun 2018, 00:23 AM

I think a WW1 RTS could be interesting, but I absolutely would not want it to be COH3. Relic has solidified a great formula for mobile warfare, which absolutely does not suit COH's style. I'd much rather have COH3 set during the Cold War or modern era, or hell, even the future if they're going to change the setting.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 42
Germany 765
unknown 20
Germany 1
unknown 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L