You will cry.
I will laugh.
Balance will be returned.

Same could be said about the MG-42
4 Sep 2013, 14:58 PM

Permanently Banned
Same could be said about the MG-42

Nope.

Thoug I know in your head you consider these forums to be a battleground for sov or ost fanbois,
and hence you conduct yourself as one with no regard, care or concern for objectivity.
4 Sep 2013, 15:45 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

Check for yourself. Happens often.

Do you have a replay?
4 Sep 2013, 17:10 PM

Because that Tank didn't exist would you like to open up the discussion about adding laser beams as well? You are not adding anything by throwing in your Stupidity , Here the KV-8 has a Flame Thrower as well as the multiple variations of it:

KV-8 (42) – A KV-1 fitted with the ATO-41 flame-thrower in the turret, beside a machine gun. In order to accommodate the new weapon, the 76.2mm gun was replaced with a smaller 45 mm Gun M1932, though it was disguised to look like the standard 76 mm (The cannon was placed inside 76mm tube).
KV-8S (25) – The same as KV-8, but based on KV-1S. Was equipped with ATO-42 flamethrower (improved version of ATO-41).
KV-8M - Upgraded version of KV-8S. Was equipped with two flamethrowers. Two prototypes was constructed.

No, it is you who is stupid because you clearly do not understand sarcasm. And congrats, you can recite Wikipedia. Want a sticker?
4 Sep 2013, 17:35 PM

Permanently Banned
Do you have a replay?

Check for yourself. Happens often.
4 Sep 2013, 18:18 PM

No, it is you who is stupid because you clearly do not understand sarcasm. And congrats, you can recite Wikipedia. Want a sticker?

LoL, what part of the Laser Beam Question did you not get? Maybe you should try reading it over again idiot. I called you out because you saying add a flame-thrower to a P-IV is meaningless, retarded, and most of all not really funny at all.
4 Sep 2013, 20:53 PM

LoL, what part of the Laser Beam Question did you not get? Maybe you should try reading it over again idiot. I called you out because you saying add a flame-thrower to a P-IV is meaningless, retarded, and most of all not really funny at all.

What part of my post did you not get? The German arsenal does not have anything, I repeat anything, that is capable of killing an entire squad in one or two seconds consistently just by driving past it. Why should the Soviets get something like this in this game, when it breaks the whole concept of retreating and preserving infantry squads?

It is pretty clear that all of you so adamantly defending the KV-8's straight-up retarded DPS have never suffered at the hands of this tank. It is also pretty clear that you refuse to see things from the other player's point of view. And yet, when I propose the purelyhypothetical idea of putting the KV-8 flamer onto the P-IV Command Tank call-in, a more fragile tank by the way, you get immediately riled up and start throwing out personal insults. Is that because you love historical accuracy so much or is it because you know how broken the KV-8 is and just want to keep it to your favorite faction, hoping the problem never gets noticed by Relic?

Frankly, I doubt that the design team had the idea of an insta-gib-squad-upon-contact unit in mind when they designed the KV-8 considering its relatively cheap cost. They already nerfed the 251 Halftrack when that vehicle was considered OP (by the way, they never nerfed the damage on the 251, meaning that it never had anywhere near the level of DPS that the KV-8 has) to prevent retreat-roasting, so why is it that the KV-8 still gets to do so?
5 Sep 2013, 05:07 AM

You must be pretty bad if the KV-8 is giving you that many problems.. Or you lack getting tanks at the right time, probably because you're busy spamming tier 2 units and grenadiers all day. BTW, if you're talking about team games I don't think relic really cares about balance outside of 1v1. And if you're losing to a KV-8 in 1 v 1, haha.....
5 Sep 2013, 07:38 AM

You must be pretty bad if the KV-8 is giving you that many problems.. Or you lack getting tanks at the right time, probably because you're busy spamming tier 2 units and grenadiers all day. BTW, if you're talking about team games I don't think relic really cares about balance outside of 1v1. And if you're losing to a KV-8 in 1 v 1, haha.....

On the contrary, I rarely build panzergrenadiers when I play as Ostheer and I do have tanks and AT guns ready for the KV-8. My personal experience, however, has nothing to do with the balance of this unit, rather I speak from a design perspective. I sincerely hope Relic is not going to balance units based on one player's experience but rather facts and logic relevant to the game design.

You don't seem to get the message that no one is implying the KV-8 is going to auto-win games for Soviets. It is, however, a cause of concern when it's on even higher levels of over-effectiveness than the MG42 (think: insta-pin vs. insta-gib), a unit that pretty much everyone agrees is indeed OP. The only reason it doesn't seem that way to you is because the unit comes out mid-to-late game and Soviets have difficulty getting there on even footing at the moment. However, as I understand it, this isn't going to be the case in the next patch, which is a good thing.

If we examine the game at this theoretical point where the early-to-mid game is balanced such that a Soviet and German player of equal skill can maintain even footing on resources, then the KV-8 is going to be a huge problem with its current stats. I don't see how you can possibly not think so.

Oh, wait.
5 Sep 2013, 07:38 AM

No one said its unbeatable. Its just too cost effective and has too much damage on its flames. Nothing more, nothing less.
5 Sep 2013, 14:04 PM

If the KV-8 gets nerfed to the Level Many of You German FanBoys want, (I've looked at your stats, it screams german FanBoy 24/7) what would be the point going with these doctrines? Just for Shock Troopers? I mean the IS-2 is pretty nerfed and expensive, and Terror Doctrine is based on the Kv-8, as everything else are just abilities. If you increaes the oil cost on the tank, then you'll break that doctrine because you'd effectively have 2 tanks that are in the 500 oil Category..... And they're pretty much there already but you're just making it worst...
5 Sep 2013, 14:18 PM

I asked it before, I'll ask it again, because you always like to ask to view things from the Oppositions perspective. How else do you expect Soviets to fight off PG and Gren Spam? Once they have Vetted, been equipped with LMG's etc and are well supported by Bunkers and MG-42's.... With Conscripts?
5 Sep 2013, 14:20 PM

Permanently Banned
Ill ask you.

Explain to me how its good that a unit can insta-fry an entire enemy unit in one burst of flame, even at retreat speeds.
5 Sep 2013, 14:23 PM

Answer mine first, and then I'll answer yours... Don't answer questions with Questions (I was told this pretty early on school) , plus you're complaining about a unit that is Doctrinal base, where that doctrine would lack anti tank for something like a Panther or a Tiger. The Flame HT that comes up is not Doctrine Base, or spamming Grens with LMGs or Bunkers or MG-42s. The game has MASSIVE flaws in terms of balance overall, yet you're screaming about Doctrine Balance, that's justLaguhable at this stage considering the Relic Guys themselves have admitted they don't really care about balance in the later stages of game at the moment and only care about early game balance (MG-42)... Go ahead and read the MG-42 balance thread if you don't believe me...
5 Sep 2013, 14:27 PM

Permanently Banned
You didn't ask me first.

You asked some other guy.

I asked YOU.

Explain to me how its good that a unit can insta-fry an entire enemy unit in one burst of flame, even at retreat speeds.
5 Sep 2013, 14:27 PM

You didn't ask me first.

You asked some other guy.

I asked YOU.

Ok Ignoring you then, Thanks.
5 Sep 2013, 14:28 PM

Permanently Banned
And another guy who has absolutely no fucking clue about anything, folds and runs away when asked to back his shit up.

Pathetic. Utterly pathetic.
5 Sep 2013, 14:29 PM

Back what up? I wasn't talking to you remember?
5 Sep 2013, 14:35 PM

Permanently Banned
I asked you a direct question. You backed out of answering.

Typical of people who like to talk absolute crap on the internet, but when called on to explain that shit, they fold completely.
5 Sep 2013, 14:36 PM

I wasn't talking to you.
PAGES (22)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 56
unknown 19
Germany 15
unknown 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias