Login

russian armor

How Viable is it to generally skip captain tier?

13 Jun 2018, 20:43 PM

. . . and use zooks for AT until major?

How viable is this? I hate missing out on mgs and I find the staticness of At's pretty annoying. Would it be viable to double-zook 2 RE squads to do my AT work until a sherman pops out?

thanks
13 Jun 2018, 21:56 PM

Most Axis builds nowadays are centered around pushing a fast Panzer IV to put heavy bleed on the enemy, Bazookas play into that but it really falls down on who plays best at that point, it's risky but LT play is very popular nowadays and you can always use either of the Paratroopers to drop an M1 ATG if you need one or two.
20 Jun 2018, 08:40 AM

What doctrine you pick also affects the viability of skipping captain. If you picked recon support or airborne then you can paradrop the at gun and crew it with either REs or Pathfinders
25 Jun 2018, 10:47 AM

I generally skip Captain (though less so if I expect an OKW Luchs rush and want a stuart) and as Funkymonk mentioned there are also several doctrines that will give you an AT gun.

Often bazookas and mines will also suffice to keep the opponent light and early mediums at bay until you have your own tanks (which you are also likely to get sooner than the opponent when you have skipped captain).
25 Jun 2018, 12:40 PM

I tend to go Lt in every game i play, and let my teammate take care of the vehicles until i get Major and field Jacksons.
In case that i don't want to go Lt (and that happens a lot), i either take Heavy Cavarly or Airborne for full anti-infantry capabilities and tech to Captain. The doctrinal smoke plus the Rangers who lead the way, is tactical af. Run 'n' gun bois!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★