Login

russian armor

Elo can't pick up on this, can it?

• This thread is locked
PAGES (3)down
29 Aug 2013, 12:40 PM
29 Aug 2013, 12:43 PM

Pretty sure there's a place to report behavior like that to relic. You'd also be doing everyone a big favor :)
raw
29 Aug 2013, 12:47 PM

oh no some random anonymous dick insulted your mom in an internet multiplayer session of the computer real time strategy game company of heroes 2!
29 Aug 2013, 13:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Aug 2013, 12:47 PMraw
oh no some random anonymous dick insulted your mom in an internet multiplayer session of the computer real time strategy game company of heroes 2!

Nah, I am not pissed off with him, what bothers me is that I can't chose who to play with, I get stuck with idiots in the game, and there is nothing I can do.

As far as him personally, he probably can't help it, much like you. But hey, I can chose to ignore your stupid trolling, him I was stuck with for 40 min...
29 Aug 2013, 13:16 PM
Honorary Member Badge

i think you don't know what ELO is this is what elo is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elo_rating_system
29 Aug 2013, 13:19 PM

Nah, I am not pissed off with him, what bothers me is that I can't chose who to play with, I get stuck with idiots in the game, and there is nothing I can do.

Yes you can. It's called Arranged Team. If anything, your screenshot is displaying it. King_Kiff and Mini_Kiff? Looks like an arranged team.

If you want to avoid these people, make your own team and play with them. Otherwise, suck it up and learn 2 internet.
29 Aug 2013, 13:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Aug 2013, 13:16 PMWiFiDi
i think you don't know what ELO is this is what elo is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elo_rating_system

Thanx for that, however I think it is safe to assume that I am aware of what ELO is, otherwise I wouldn't mention ELO not being able to pick up that someone has a lot greater skill when it comes to raging, trolling, swearing and just being dick in general
29 Aug 2013, 13:24 PM
Honorary Member Badge

my point was that isn't the job of an ELO system not even remotely. if you want something to happen submit that to relic. info@relic.com
29 Aug 2013, 13:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Aug 2013, 13:24 PMWiFiDi
my point was that isn't the job of an ELO system not even remotely. if you want something to happen submit that to relic. info@relic.com

Yup, I know. Its the job of ignore button and custom game lobby to deal with that.

I was just pissed of on lack of those options at the time so I made a post, which I wish I didn't because it seems that i wasn't that clear on what I am ranting about
29 Aug 2013, 13:38 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Yup, I know. Its the job of ignore button and custom game lobby to deal with that.

I was just pissed of on lack of those options at the time so I made a post, which I wish I didn't because it seems that i wasn't that clear on what I am ranting about

since its connected to steam maybe using steams ignore function will work. idk
29 Aug 2013, 13:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Aug 2013, 13:38 PMWiFiDi

since its connected to steam maybe using steams ignore function will work. idk

Hmm, thanks. I will try that one. Sounds like something it might work, I don't get pissed off in games that much, but twice this guy ruined my game. 2 hours of my COH2 time (and I don't get to play that often)

I'll try that one
29 Aug 2013, 13:54 PM

Just report it to Noun. Pretty obvious grounds for a suspension.
29 Aug 2013, 15:40 PM

Permanently Banned
Free speech.

You dont have to like it, and it reflects very badly on them, but, free speech.

Claiming he "ruined your game", on the otherhand, reflects more on you.
29 Aug 2013, 15:42 PM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Aug 2013, 15:40 PMNullist
Free speech.

i think people forget what freespeach is it doesn't give you the right to say whatever you want it never has and never will.
29 Aug 2013, 16:10 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post29 Aug 2013, 15:42 PMWiFiDi

i think people forget what freespeach is it doesn't give you the right to say whatever you want it never has and never will.

Actually, thats exactly what it does.
29 Aug 2013, 18:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Aug 2013, 15:42 PMWiFiDi

That's exactly what freedom of speech does. Maybe not in countries of oppression like Germany where my freedom ends where your feelings begin, but Freedom of Speech is EXACTLY that, FREEDOM OF SPEECH.

It would be interesting to see the legal basis of banning somebody from using a product or service because of what they say. Then again I believe it's a right of a business to deny service for whatever reason.

Edit; Anyway I'm pretty sure "Freedom of X" doesn't apply. You can say whatever you want in game, and as a result Relic/Steam can deny service to you whenever they want. It's usually in the ToS that they reserve the right to do that.
30 Aug 2013, 00:55 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Aug 2013, 15:40 PMNullist
Free speech.

Any sane person can figure out that person with that sort of morals would try to supplement his words with lets say shelling his teamates, etc

It does reflect on me Nullist, just like your posts reflect on you. You are under impression that freedom of speech gives you right to say anything you wish. Unfortunately for you, freedom of speech comes in package with other freedoms.
Like if you go out on the street and exercise your right of free speech, you are running a risk of coming across someone like me, who wouldn't hold back on my freedom to self-defend, resulting in you losing some teeth on the spot...

Brave man have always exercised their freedom of speech, challenging oppression and injustice (sometimes at great peril to their well being)
So if you feel you are oppressed in place like Germany and have no right of free speech, you are either a coward or a lunatic
30 Aug 2013, 01:18 AM

That's exactly what freedom of speech does. Maybe not in countries of oppression like Germany where my freedom ends where your feelings begin, but Freedom of Speech is EXACTLY that, FREEDOM OF SPEECH.

It would be interesting to see the legal basis of banning somebody from using a product or service because of what they say. Then again I believe it's a right of a business to deny service for whatever reason.

Edit; Anyway I'm pretty sure "Freedom of X" doesn't apply. You can say whatever you want in game, and as a result Relic/Steam can deny service to you whenever they want. It's usually in the ToS that they reserve the right to do that.

Why is it that the freedom of speech argument gets applied almost exclusively to things that aren't worth saying....

Not meaning to start a big political argument here but you are aware that America's historical relationship with meaningful freedom of speech hasn't been a happy one.
30 Aug 2013, 03:19 AM

Permanently Banned

Any sane person can figure out that person with that sort of morals would try to supplement his words with lets say shelling his teamates, etc

It does reflect on me Nullist, just like your posts reflect on you. You are under impression that freedom of speech gives you right to say anything you wish. Unfortunately for you, freedom of speech comes in package with other freedoms.
Like if you go out on the street and exercise your right of free speech, you are running a risk of coming across someone like me, who wouldn't hold back on my freedom to self-defend, resulting in you losing some teeth on the spot...

Brave man have always exercised their freedom of speech, challenging oppression and injustice (sometimes at great peril to their well being)
So if you feel you are oppressed in place like Germany and have no right of free speech, you are either a coward or a lunatic

You whine about people saying bad words to you online, but then you threaten other people, call them lunatics and cowards etc, completely unrelated, with physical violence and act like a complete shithead when they mention free speech?

Wtf is wrong with you?
30 Aug 2013, 04:23 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Aug 2013, 03:19 AMNullist

You whine about people saying bad words to you online, but then you threaten other people, call them lunatics and cowards etc, completely unrelated, with physical violence and act like a complete shithead when they mention free speech?

Wtf is wrong with you?

I don't understand what's the problem?

I am just trying to use freedom of speech like you were teaching me. I didn't even go as far as to be really nasty to you (I kind of had feeling little jab would be enough) ..

As far as I understood, me being a dickhead towards you isn't really an issue, whether you like it or not.

That it bothers you only reflects on you, as you elegantly put it.

Is second part of your lesson: it is ok to use freedom of speech unless it is being used on me. Then I have a real problem with it?

LOl

:bananadance:
PAGES (3)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment