Login

russian armor

IS-2 a viable option?

8 Sep 2013, 23:09 PM

Imagine if that PIV had an engine. The IS-2 would be smoked!

LOL

In that video ... that single is2

1)managed to deflect the faust and kill most of the gren squad in 1 hit

2)killed the engineers repairing the VETERAN pz4 in 1 hit

3)attacked a VETERAN PZ4 and yes due to bad luck one of your shots missed the pz4 but noticed how many times the p4 shots just deflected. By the time you destroyed that pz4 he was already on vet2. So you cant compare a unvetted is2 to a 2 star veteran pz4.

IS2's anti inf capability is far far far far better than a tiger btw. Tiger is only slightly better than is2 against tanks.

Imo is2 is still a viable option .... it can soak up quite a bit of damage. IF you have 85's backing it up its unstoppable almost
9 Sep 2013, 10:49 AM

The problem with the IS-2 is the cost. For the same price you can get a few SU-85 or T-34s. It is not cost efficient. If they do buff the Tiger and IS-2 so that efficiency of the unit reflects its cost then they might be a little over powered. They should remove the fuel cost for Tiger and IS-2 and limit the amount that you can field on the field at a time.
9 Sep 2013, 15:01 PM

I feel ALL the call-in Tanks (minus KV-8 or P4 Command tank) are more or less designed for 2v2+.

In 1v1, the game SHOULD be over by the time either player (even if Map domination happens) has enough resources to purchase the call-in tank. IF they do arrive, it's because 1 player has not "finished the game" or "made huge mistakes".

Therefore, I do not think 'waiting for an IS-2 [or Tiger] in a 1v1' is a smart/viable option.
9 Sep 2013, 19:14 PM

I feel ALL the call-in Tanks (minus KV-8 or P4 Command tank) are more or less designed for 2v2+.

In 1v1, the game SHOULD be over by the time either player (even if Map domination happens) has enough resources to purchase the call-in tank. IF they do arrive, it's because 1 player has not "finished the game" or "made huge mistakes".

Therefore, I do not think 'waiting for an IS-2 [or Tiger] in a 1v1' is a smart/viable option.

I was only trying it in 2v2 and to wait for 300 fuel compared to 260 fuel still makes a big difference, especially considering you can play 2v2 on a 1v1 map. Means 2 more minutes wait generally. That's big! The impact it has on the field is minimal for the cost.

It is the most expensive tank in the game but can be taken out with ease by 2 PIVs (230fuel to 300). Something needs buffing or a reduction in price for me to even consider it in 2v2.

Why have three call-in heavy tanks specializing in anti infantry?? Crazy...
5 Oct 2013, 15:08 PM

Short answer nope. IS2 will lose to a panther 1v1. And its so expensive, if you can get it. You have already won.

I know and how hilarious is it, in reality the IS2 could one shot a tiger at 1500m, the tiger had to close to 1000m to penetrate the IS2's 120mm armour, the same rule should apply to the Panther all 3 tanks had 120mm front armour, Is2 had better designed armour for deflection and a better gun..yes I said better gun armor-piercing ballistic capped shell of the D25-T 122 mm gun was superior to the KwK 36 8.8cm, there is no evidence on field tests that truly say german optics were better than Russian its folk lore based on, well nothing really.

Field tests of KV and T34's in America concluded at the time Optics of these tanks were amongst the best in the world.

People forget the Russians have for a long time been world leaders in Optics technology.

seriously im not Russian :)
5 Oct 2013, 15:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Aug 2013, 09:22 AMlink0
All call in tanks are relatively cost-inefficient because they don't require teching. The savings in tech must be factored into the cost of the call-in. The most efficient use of them involves staying on T1-T2.

This is a really important point. Considering just how good the IS-2 is at killing 3 and even 4 man infantry squads in one shot, I'm not sure I'd want to see it much cheaper. If you subtract the manpower and fuel cost of T4 then the IS-2 is actually slightly cheaper than a panther... of course you have to pay this extra call-in tariff every time you buy an IS-2, so there's that.
5 Oct 2013, 17:13 PM

This is a really important point. Considering just how good the IS-2 is at killing 3 and even 4 man infantry squads in one shot, I'm not sure I'd want to see it much cheaper. If you subtract the manpower and fuel cost of T4 then the IS-2 is actually slightly cheaper than a panther... of course you have to pay this extra call-in tariff every time you buy an IS-2, so there's that.

No one gets an IS2 to counter infantry that's the point, you cant subtract the cost of tier 4 as it gives more than a single tank option, Lets face it the thing is awful and in no reflects the actual tank it should be slightly better than a tiger tank and if that has to be reflected in the price then so be it.
5 Oct 2013, 17:38 PM

this is painfully stupid, IS2 should be able to own a Panther let alone a PIV.
5 Oct 2013, 20:35 PM

Exactly.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS