Login

russian armor

Private subforum for beta testers?

4 Dec 2012, 17:20 PM

I was thinking how will the people in closed beta handle the NDA but at the same time discuss the bugs and balance and general mechanics in a place(why not here as well). I think there should be created a closed beta subforum, invisible to others as to not break the NDA, but it should be monitored rigorously and only people who should get in are those who's nicks the admin( APF, seb, etc.) see ingame.
Thoughts, comments?
4 Dec 2012, 17:30 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

yea, that sounds right.
4 Dec 2012, 17:52 PM

There also needs to be a replay section for beta. Or are we going to use GR's?
4 Dec 2012, 18:00 PM
Caster Badge

I would imagine that THQ/Relic might prefer a central forum on the official forums to handle this ? And probably will create this.
4 Dec 2012, 19:34 PM
Honorary Member Badge

I would imagine that THQ/Relic might prefer a central forum on the official forums to handle this ? And probably will create this.

uh its a fan site i imagine that we are allowed to do as we want. i don't think there are rules agianst it. so long as we aren't disclosing beta info to people who aren't suppose to have it.
4 Dec 2012, 19:36 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

If we are allowed to, we will create a private beta forums here for top players. It will be a bit labor intensive, as we will have to confirm your participation before we are able to give you access.
4 Dec 2012, 20:31 PM

How would we confirm access? Could be very hard to do.
4 Dec 2012, 21:17 PM

That would be great. But I think it makes the most sense, as Dane pointed out, to have one and just one place to collect all that info concerning the close beta (opposed to the semi-closed pre-order beta and the possible open beta). I think that the feedback of the close beta testers (aka us) is rather important and can change a lot. So it would be a shame if important info gets stuck because we have a variety of places to discuss these infos...

Greets
Schepp himself
4 Dec 2012, 21:23 PM
Honorary Member Badge

If allowed and necessary we will have it.
4 Dec 2012, 21:25 PM

4 Dec 2012, 21:51 PM

Sounds excellent!
4 Dec 2012, 22:29 PM
Caster Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Dec 2012, 19:34 PMWiFiDi

uh its a fan site i imagine that we are allowed to do as we want. i don't think there are rules agianst it. so long as we aren't disclosing beta info to people who aren't suppose to have it.

I never said they weren't allowed to :) Just that THQ/Relic might prefer it if it all happened in one forum for ease of handling, ie only one place they have to check to follow the discussion and would allow them to make sure nobody accidentally steps in and sees discussion they weren't supposed to
5 Dec 2012, 07:48 AM

I'm reading the beta is up and going now but not official info. Just the CoH website forum. People seem to think it's true and it could be. They will start small and slowly expand to other show keys as the system tolerates.
5 Dec 2012, 07:50 AM

If the Beta testers do have to sign an NDA I don't think they will allow any online posting that isn't controlled by them. That way they can take things down right away that violate. Even Beta participants aren't supposed to talk about it until release. I don't know if that applies between testers but the NDA says you can't say anything to anyone not associated with Relic. I've seen a Relic NDA a few times recently.
5 Dec 2012, 07:59 AM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

We'll see what we can work out. We (coh2.org) distributed over 60+ keys to top COH players. I think that if we had private beta forums here, we would get more activity from those players than if we all had to go to the official forums, where many of us may not be as comfortable.
5 Dec 2012, 13:03 PM

I think it makes the most sense to have all the discussions in one place, http://community.companyofheroes.com/forums.

I can't see why anyone would be uncomfortable there. It makes no sense to have one group of players here and another one over there.
5 Dec 2012, 13:41 PM

It makes no sense to have one group of players here and another one over there.

It does, because the group of players here will mostly be those who made a name for themselves in CoH by being good players or important community figures. This means that almost everyone will either have a clue what he is talking about or realize that he doesn't and won't disturb a discussion between far better players. So you can have a standard of discussion here, which you can't in the offical forums.
5 Dec 2012, 15:44 PM

I get what you're saying but I still feel it's better to try and pull together instead of splitting the communities.

Just because a player is good doesn't mean a less good player can't discover something interesting or a possible bug that the good player may have missed. If people on this forum doesn't read the posts in the official forum and vice versa the beta will be poorer for it.

If it doesn't work out and discussions are ruined we can always come here, but I think we should try to stick together to make CoH2 as good as possible.
ntd
5 Dec 2012, 16:00 PM
Admin Black Badge

We used a private balance forum for the last coh patch, I don't see any reason why another private discussion between the very best players wouldn't be a good thing for relic.
5 Dec 2012, 16:19 PM

Feedback from experts tends to be far more constructive as well. Having participated in my fair share of public and closed betas, I can say that the public ones usually gets flooded by whine threads rather than anything else.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS