Login

russian armor

Private subforum for beta testers?

1 of 3 SEGA postsSEGA 7 Dec 2012, 23:30 PM
Developer Sega Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Dec 2012, 19:34 PMWiFiDi

uh its a fan site i imagine that we are allowed to do as we want. i don't think there are rules agianst it. so long as we aren't disclosing beta info to people who aren't suppose to have it.

Unfortunately, that's not true.

All players in both the alpha stress test and the closed beta will be required to sign NDA. Also unfortunately, that NDA will not permit you guys to have open discussion outside of our officially designated area. I don't make the rules, that's just how it is.

The big problem is this - verifying the players. We've setup a private beta discussion subforum on the official forums. When users register for the alpha stress test or closed beta, they're verified and granted access. The NDA does not allow for users to discuss and reveal information outside of this subforum.

We need all of you participating on the official forums to give feedback. This first leg, the alpha stress test, is the most important of the phases. This is the time where Relic needs the most and best feedback to fix major issues before rolling out to a wide release. Relic devs and THQ staff will be regularly reading and interacting with this subforum, and if we have a segregated community, it will raise a lot of problems. At the most, segregating the community will make your feedback less likely to reach Relic and impact the development.

Work with us on this guys. I know the official forums software sucks right now (we'll have it totally overhauled and updated before closed Beta hits), but we've got to keep the conversation in one place.

If anything, I might be able to build a subforum in the test forums for you guys, that might help clear up the communication disconnect you're worried about.
7 Dec 2012, 23:31 PM
Developer Relic Badge

7 Dec 2012, 23:37 PM

you can count on me :p
8 Dec 2012, 06:49 AM

okies no worries, good to hear the official forums are going to be updated.
8 Dec 2012, 08:26 AM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

You can count on me too :)
2 of 3 SEGA postsSEGA 8 Dec 2012, 09:57 AM
Developer Sega Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Dec 2012, 06:49 AMS73v0
okies no worries, good to hear the official forums are going to be updated.

Yeah, trust me. I want that update more than anybody. Our current software totally sucks (and it's actually a major improvement over what we had years ago.)

We will have everything on the update path within the next month. I can't wait.
8 Dec 2012, 10:56 AM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

8 Dec 2012, 11:01 AM

sounds good lynx
8 Dec 2012, 11:08 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Dec 2012, 09:57 AMLynx

I know the official forums software sucks right now (we'll have it totally overhauled and updated before closed Beta hits)

---

Yeah, trust me. I want that update more than anybody. Our current software totally sucks (and it's actually a major improvement over what we had years ago.)

We will have everything on the update path within the next month. I can't wait.

Does this mean the closed beta won't start until January? Say it ain't so!
3 of 3 SEGA postsSEGA 8 Dec 2012, 19:46 PM
Developer Sega Badge

Wanna buy our forums software? :P :jk:

I'd actually consider it if ours wasn't 90% finished atm. These forums are nice.

Does this mean the closed beta won't start until January? Say it ain't so!

Well, alpha stress test is essentially a really early phase of closed beta, so not necessarily. Alpha stress test or closed beta, either way people are playing the game.
8 Dec 2012, 23:26 PM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Dec 2012, 19:46 PMLynx

Well, alpha stress test is essentially a really early phase of closed beta, so not necessarily. Alpha stress test or closed beta, either way people are playing the game.

How can one possibly get acces to that stress test? :)
8 Dec 2012, 23:54 PM

How can one possibly get acces to that stress test? :)

Yeah please tell :)
I have at least until the next month off, so I got plenty of time to stress test the game! I'm on sick leave because of stress, and I've nearly been ordered to play CoH, because it keeps my concentration up! :)
9 Dec 2012, 00:21 AM

Lynx wrote: Starting next week, we’re opening the servers for a limited number of players, so keep your eyes peeled on our official website, Facebook, and twitter for details on how to get involved.

http://community.companyofheroes.com/forums/community-news-feed/topics/Letters-from-the-Producer-1-Beta

I wonder how many players they want.
9 Dec 2012, 01:04 AM

I wonder how fast you have to be to get in!
9 Dec 2012, 06:40 AM

Time to keep checking for Alpha Stress test info hourly on the mobile.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Korea, Republic Of 4
Germany 4

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment