- true sight but bad thing is it doesnt work as intended and it's bugged
- mortars are finally useful
- capping system (sectors area to cap)
- kept Tier system from CoH1
-reverse

cons:
- bad doctrine system
- totally bad pathing
- mines on german side (especially S-mines)
- number of units and their sizes
- no global upgrades
- bad veterancy system
- grenades are totally random
- no basic and obvious units for both sides
- game looks lke a cheap version of CoH1
- no flashing units while behind some obstacle
- very symetrical maps
21 Sep 2013, 22:59 PM
Donator 11

- no smurfing,
- no vCoH axis vet system,
- NO med bunkers,
- new caping mechanics,
- match making system searching for different type of games at the same time (but why no random faction choice?!?)
- ingame clock,
- units coming from off map,
- truesight
- coldtech,
- snipers,
- smoke,
- revers button.
22 Sep 2013, 10:13 AM

I like everything except the balance.
22 Sep 2013, 10:51 AM

In cons I'll add :

- Super strong buildings (provide way too much defense bonus)
- Buildings that can die in one-shot to rifle grenade...
- Most veterancy abilities given by vet 1 are lazy and too much of the same between units
- Huge veterancy bonus (+78% damage/defense, wtf)
- Game design for both faction is sub quality (looks like a strange mix of PE/Wher and Ami/Brit, without the brilliance of the Ami / Wher design)
- Shit pathfinding and annoying delay

All the pros can be summed up by the two posts of Thrill and Barton above.

Sorry if I don't post any good but all have already been given and I need to release my coh1 bitterness.
22 Sep 2013, 11:15 AM
Donator 11

In cons I'll add :

- Super strong buildings (provide way too much defense bonus)
- Buildings that can die in one-shot to rifle grenade...
- Most veterancy abilities given by vet 1 are lazy and too much of the same between units
- Huge veterancy bonus (+78% damage/defense, wtf)
- Game design for both faction is sub quality (looks like a strange mix of PE/Wher and Ami/Brit, without the brilliance of the Ami / Wher design)
- Shit pathfinding and annoying delay

All the pros can be summed up by the two posts of Thrill and Barton above.

Sorry if I don't post any good but all have already been given and I need to release my coh1 bitterness.

so don't post in this thread if you don't have anything good to say, that simple.
22 Sep 2013, 11:25 AM

tbh I like basically everything about the game.

But if I had to name one thing it would be the support. Like I said I like everything about the game but whenever a patch has come out it's made the game better and hasn't broken anything else. It made the game better by fixing things I didn't even realise were a problem.
22 Sep 2013, 14:31 PM

I'm a sucker for details so;
the fact that the PIV Command Tank - Tank Commander will lean out of his hatch during peaceful moments but will pull back into the turret hatch during engagements.
22 Sep 2013, 15:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Sep 2013, 11:15 AMZ3r07

so don't post in this thread if you don't have anything good to say, that simple.

I don't understand why people keep making these topics every couple weeks. Let's all share what we like about coh2. wtf??

AND DON'T POST ANYTHING CONTRARY!! Like your so insecure about the fact that some people think this game is obviously a step back from vCOH that you have to go and make a special topic to create an insulating confab of groupies to reassure yourselves that you ARE playing a better game, which just devolves into a unsophisticated circle jerk session, mostly over how pretty everything looks.

kinda sad...
22 Sep 2013, 15:11 PM
Donator 11

I don't understand why people keep making these topics every couple weeks. Let's all share what we like about coh2. wtf??

AND DON'T POST ANYTHING CONTRARY!! Like your so insecure about the fact that some people think this game is obviously a step back from vCOH that you have to go and make a special topic to create an insulating confab of groupies to reassure yourselves that you ARE playing a better game, which just devolves into a unsophisticated circle jerk session, mostly over how pretty everything looks.

kinda sad...

First of all, I've only created this thread once and I only saw this kind of thread a couple of times.

And second, the only reason I dis this is because I was tired of people like you that come here just to complain.
22 Sep 2013, 15:24 PM

I think it is good that this thread exists. A lot of the improvements over the original have been overshadowed by flaws and it is good to remind everyone of the former. I agree with all of the pros stated earlier, by the way (especially reverse move).

That being said, however, showering all sorts of praise on what essentially still is a game in beta after $60-100 is probably not the best way to go if we want to see major improvements.
22 Sep 2013, 22:03 PM

INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG INPUT LAG
23 Sep 2013, 00:50 AM

good thing
-Truesight (bad thing is truesight is shared. i don't like the thing that if this side of smoke have a sight from other unit the unit on the other side of smoke can shoot the unit behind smoke with no problem, they all have headphone radio or what?)

-weather system (too few, no rain, no thunderstorm, no regular snowing also infantry dead to freezing on retreat most time for me if blizzard hits)

bad thing
-path-finding, so many stupid path findings (i see my ostwind try to drive inside the trench instead drive around it)

-no demo for pio, and crappy german S mine (if i remember correct it put a minefield sign not sure russian can see it though)

-priority target system sucks, can't lock on selected enemy and moving the unit at same time, sec it move lose the selected target, also no button to make troop only fire at certain type of units and ignore rest, like snipers fire at tanks, elefant shoot at infantry instead the tank next to it

-airstrike and offmap art need line of sight to be call in, why?
23 Sep 2013, 02:01 AM

-priority target system sucks, can't lock on selected enemy and moving the unit at same time, sec it move lose the selected target, also no button to make troop only fire at certain type of units and ignore rest, like snipers fire at tanks, elefant shoot at infantry instead the tank next to it

-airstrike and offmap art need line of sight to be call in, why?

Um, the priority target system works exactly as the one you describe (i.e. it does lock on a target when moving, for vehicles at least). It didn't in VCoH. The weirdness is usually caused by targets moving out of LOS/range/behind a shotblocker, causing a unit to look for other targets since it can't shoot at the original target anymore.

Airstrike and offmap art needed LOS in VCoH. Means you have to scout and spot, which is OK. Also means you can't just bomb a base howitzer to death the moment you know it exists.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★