Login

russian armor

UKF got beat with the nerf hammer (again).

6 Jun 2018, 18:20 PM

Seriously? This used to be a fun faction before the winter patch last year and now its been neutered pretty badly considering the increases to pop, weird Bren nerf, and the neutering of the call in heavies particularly the Crocodile. They get these nerfs and they still retain their major weaknesses like no snare for infantry, no mobile artillery or smoke, no good CQB units with out a doctrine. UKF now sucks worse than USF.
6 Jun 2018, 18:29 PM

For how to properly make a thread asking for Strategy Advice reference https://www.coh2.org/topic/71219/ukf-strategies-for-high-level-combined-arms
6 Jun 2018, 21:34 PM
7 Jun 2018, 01:42 AM

Don't feel too different to me, to be honest they feel a lot better now without facing double mortar spam every game
7 Jun 2018, 06:26 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jun 2018, 18:20 PMCODGUY
Seriously? This used to be a fun faction before the winter patch last year and now its been neutered pretty badly considering the increases to pop, weird Bren nerf, and the neutering of the call in heavies particularly the Crocodile. They get these nerfs and they still retain their major weaknesses like no snare for infantry, no mobile artillery or smoke, no good CQB units with out a doctrine. UKF now sucks worse than USF.
I am a USF player and so what do you want to USF be the worst dont you want balance. You only thing you care is your main faction british and not other factions you know i am GLAD they finally nerfed the OP thigns on UKF
8 Jun 2018, 03:06 AM

I am a USF player and so what do you want to USF be the worst dont you want balance. You only thing you care is your main faction british and not other factions you know i am GLAD they finally nerfed the OP thigns on UKF

I play USF more than any other faction myself and they are finally in a decent spot now. I used to enjoy Brits until the last two patches, mainly this last one. Upping rhe pop on their units so they can't build anything late game, nerfing the Crocodile repeatedly because it can actually kill Axis units! The horror! The pop count increases for all factions were unneeded and uncalled for accross the board but they impacted UKF the most.
8 Jun 2018, 05:33 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Jun 2018, 03:06 AMCODGUY

I play USF more than any other faction myself and they are finally in a decent spot now. I used to enjoy Brits until the last two patches, mainly this last one. Upping rhe pop on their units so they can't build anything late game, nerfing the Crocodile repeatedly because it can actually kill Axis units! The horror! The pop count increases for all factions were unneeded and uncalled for accross the board but they impacted UKF the most.
Ok yes i agree they made some changes to UKF that they suck ok they are still decent vs OKW but now vs OST is suicide
8 Jun 2018, 08:46 AM

Its no secret that Brits are in a difficult spot for two main reasons; their poor design that creates large holes in its capabilities and having a number of junk/poorly performing units.

Fixing the design to plug the holes will be a tricky one and will require a good deal of rework.

Fixing the poorly performing units however, will go a long way towards giving the Brits more options and should be the first place to start. Get the full roster up to par and then we can think about possible changes options.
8 Jun 2018, 14:56 PM

I think they need to give UKF infantry Sections access to smoke with the grenade side tech like the way USF used to be because as it stands now OST will shut you down hard with their T0, insta-pin MG42s and you can't do much about it until teching to the platoon CP but by then its often too late as they've already locked down their strategic points on the map while their MGs are vetted up and their panzerfausts are unlocked so you can forget about using the WASP UC.
8 Jun 2018, 16:13 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong but commandos feel almost required now and that's just so you can abuse the cheese camo-nade strat. That is until OKW get obers with IR's or an IR HT then its simply GG.

I've not played enough this patch to fully appreciate the nerfs/buffs(?) but off the bat I struggle a hell of a lot more in infantry engagements.

Late games really show the UKF weakness however, so much yellow cover that obers go toe to toe with an MG and win without so much as a sniff of suppression, or volks walk up to it and flame nade it, your crom/FF/Cent get penned by AT guns consistently and 1 faust can ruin your day, then the FF fails to pen but if you go AT guns to up your chances, Stuka/Werfer with flares/searchlight says hi.

It's relentless, you're always on the back foot trying to counter a counter that is then countered by something that.. has no counter!

Least this is my recent exp from 3v3 games.
8 Jun 2018, 22:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Jun 2018, 14:56 PMCODGUY
I think they need to give UKF infantry Sections access to smoke with the grenade side tech like the way USF used to be because as it stands now OST will shut you down hard with their T0, insta-pin MG42s and you can't do much about it until teching to the platoon CP but by then its often too late as they've already locked down their strategic points on the map while their MGs are vetted up and their panzerfausts are unlocked so you can forget about using the WASP UC.

Holding key buildings and using the UC for the early game (hard to not get fausted but it’s there) is your best bet for mgs. Mid game you have the sniper and commandos if you’ve gone the right doctrines, which are a pretty good counter and the latter even has a smoke grenade now.
jump backJump back to quoted post8 Jun 2018, 16:13 PMLatch
Correct me if I'm wrong but commandos feel almost required now and that's just so you can abuse the cheese camo-nade strat. That is until OKW get obers with IR's or an IR HT then its simply GG.

I've not played enough this patch to fully appreciate the nerfs/buffs(?) but off the bat I struggle a hell of a lot more in infantry engagements.

Late games really show the UKF weakness however, so much yellow cover that obers go toe to toe with an MG and win without so much as a sniff of suppression, or volks walk up to it and flame nade it, your crom/FF/Cent get penned by AT guns consistently and 1 faust can ruin your day, then the FF fails to pen but if you go AT guns to up your chances, Stuka/Werfer with flares/searchlight says hi.

It's relentless, you're always on the back foot trying to counter a counter that is then countered by something that.. has no counter!

Least this is my recent exp from 3v3 games.

Commandos feel like a must to me as well, and the only loadout I ever use is literally just all 3 of the commanders that have commandos in them (doesn’t help that most of the other ones are pretty underwhelming now IMO). They are very good though, and borderline overpoweredly abusable.
8 Jun 2018, 22:51 PM

Its no secret that Brits are in a difficult spot for two main reasons; their poor design that creates large holes in its capabilities and having a number of junk/poorly performing units.

Fixing the design to plug the holes will be a tricky one and will require a good deal of rework.

Fixing the poorly performing units however, will go a long way towards giving the Brits more options and should be the first place to start. Get the full roster up to par and then we can think about possible changes options.

UKF design is fine, they are basically Ost but without the great light vehicles/snare/mortar. Tech follows a logical path and is much better than sov or usf.

the only issue is to make up for these things they were given the mortar pit and the old double bren tommies, now they are nerfed into "meh" while you suffer the brute force of 222's and Ost teamweapons denying any map control.

IMO buff the mortar pit barrage (range and RoF, but only on barrage so it requires micro). Give comet back 45 range like current panther, improve bren guns into a halfway point to the old numbers and current ones. Oh and put the UC down to 200mp, you already have to invest 70 muni into making the thing semi-useful unlike the 200mp 30f 222.

Then brits would be in an even playing field with axis.
9 Jun 2018, 05:54 AM

Has anyone else noticed friggen Grens out preforming Infantry Sections? Wehrmacht's budget unit is killing a much more expensive unit and one that UKF depends on. Wehraboo whinning destroyed a once fun faction, sad.
11 Jun 2018, 12:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Jun 2018, 05:54 AMCODGUY
Has anyone else noticed friggen Grens out preforming Infantry Sections? Wehrmacht's budget unit is killing a much more expensive unit and one that UKF depends on. Wehraboo whinning destroyed a once fun faction, sad.

I've done some limited testing and found that the lmg gren and 2xbren tommy match up depends on the vet level. I'm talking about both squads in green cover, engaging at long range. I can't remember who wins at what level but the point is that its not clear cut as one would expect with tommies only really excelling at long range and being the more expensive investment.

Unfortunately, 2xbren Tommies now loose to most upgraded units when out of the comfort zone of long range and in cover.
14 Jul 2018, 08:32 AM

They need to do the following the fix the faction:

Revert the stupid nerf to the Bren guns, I don't know WTF they were thinking with what they did to it in the last patch.

Just give the infantry sections a snare, seriously WTF again? Make it like USF where Infantry Sections have yo get to vet 1 if you must but give them a snare, there is no reason why they shouldn't have a snare that's a basic feature, its almost like a bug that they don't have one.

Let the forward CPs build medics AND a retreat point. You can make them build another one for a repair station but cut Brits some slack on this please, good greif.

Make the Comet a better tank. Come on, the thing is expenisve, make it worth the cost probably needs more health and pen or just make it cheaper if you have to leave its stats as it is. Good greif. You know people paid for this faction with their hard earned money it's pretty sad rhey had to nerf it into the ground like they did.
14 Jul 2018, 10:58 AM

Well, pretty much every nerf in the previous patch other than the centaur one should be reverted.
No reason or justification for either of them.
14 Jul 2018, 11:21 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jul 2018, 08:32 AMCODGUY
You know people paid for this faction with their hard earned money it's pretty sad rhey had to nerf it into the ground like they did.

Hold on for a second. Does it mean you are trying to justify P2W? :loco:
14 Jul 2018, 18:11 PM

Its hard playing without a snare. Against ostheer panzergrens and 222 are hard to deal with. AEC gets pushed away by shrecks and fausts and 222s just derstory everything. And the brits dont have a good answer to snipers. Soviets have large squad sizes, making a sniper less useful and a t-70, and the USF have stuart and m20. But brits just have countersnipe, since aec isnt very good against infantry and uc doesnt have a turret, so it is super easy to get fausted.
14 Jul 2018, 18:21 PM

Hold on for a second. Does it mean you are trying to justify P2W? :loco:

Well right now its pay to lose so...
14 Jul 2018, 19:16 PM

The faction received the correct nerfs, they didnt get in return the tools that they needed.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★