Login

russian armor

Barbarossa Live Casting Schedule

A_E
5 Jun 2018, 13:54 PM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

Full schedule of streams and structure for this first Qualification Tournament 'Barbarossa'.

On both days the games will start at 14:00 BST, to check your timezone please see the GCS2 Schedule

Day 1 Saturday 16th June

Bracket quarters go 1 -> 4 downward, based on an example bracket that looks like this. Full brackets to be released on GCS2.ORG following check ins.

Players featured depend on check-ins, the numbers in brackets are seeds.

alliesallies Bracket Quarter 1 Stream

Reserved for Imperial Dane.

Most likely featuring [1] Luvnest and [8] HelpingHans.

axisaxis Bracket Quarter 2 Stream

Reserved for D0ggylulz

Most likely featuring [4] Noggano and [5] Vonasten

alliesallies Bracket Quarter 3 Stream

Reserved for FaHu.

Most likely featuring [2] DevM and [7] Jesulin.

axisaxis Bracket Quarter 4 Stream

Reserved for A_E and Stormless.

Most likely featuring [3] VonIvan and [6] Aimstrong.

ostheerostheer Secondary Stream

To cast 1st and 2nd round games that aren't picked up. Not to cast quarter finals.

(Spot not taken feel free to reserve below.)

sovietssoviets Wild Card Bracket Stream

Reserved for ed80Hertz

Non-English language streams

I would like to request that only countries with low percentage understanding of English have a non-English language stream where possible? This is because our community is rather small and I want to ensure very little overlap. For example:

Day 2 Sunday 17th June

axisaxis Finals Stream alliesallies

Reserved for A_E and Stormless, single stream only.

We would like one well produced show, with both semis, 3rd place play off, and final to be shown in order. With all viewers in one channel it'll get us noticed on Twitch and help our scene grow also!
5 Jun 2018, 16:23 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

Tfw German is not allowed

JK! Looking forward to it. I would actually love to cast but I lack game knowledge. I'll leave that to the props :)
A_E
5 Jun 2018, 16:24 PM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

Keep an eye on this thread then, you don't need to be pro to give viewers the option to watch a game that's not being currently shown!
5 Jun 2018, 16:25 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Jun 2018, 16:24 PMA_E

Keep an eye on this thread then, you don't need to be pro to give viewers the option to watch a game that's not being currently shown!

Will certainly do. Maybe some other caster needs a co-caster ^^
5 Jun 2018, 16:32 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

I think it is a little unfair if you don't allow at least one German to cast in their own language. Contrary to popular belief, not all Germans who play this game can speak English.

When Ami ran OCF, we were lucky enough to have the benefit of Fanatic's casts in German, and he was permitted to cast across the range on any game he chose, as were other foreign language casters .
A_E
5 Jun 2018, 16:42 PM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

I think it is a little unfair if you don't allow at least one German to cast in their own language. Contrary to popular belief, not all Germans who play this game can speak English.

When Ami ran OCF, we were lucky enough to have the benefit of Fanatic's casts in German, and he was permitted to cast across the range on any game he chose, as were other foreign language casters .

I appreciate what you're saying but I disagree: most studies show 60-70% of Germans of any age speak at least some conversational English, nearly every young person speaks it above conversational level and our community is mostly 20-30 year olds with an interest in strategy games.

I want as little overlap as possible and as high a viewer numbers as humanly possible for GCS2!

Our community and game is far too small for dozens of foreign language streams.
5 Jun 2018, 17:01 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

I assume you have a working knowledge of German?

https://de.statista.com/statistik/daten/studie/1138/umfrage/fremdsprachenkenntnisse/

It's one thing to be able to give directions in English, but it quite another to understand a cast involving references to technical aspects. e.g. cover; or even tech terms like sandbags or tanktraps.

I don't know why you might want to deny 30% of German viewers (on your figures), but it seems unnecessarily bureaucratic on an international board, where viewers want to relax and enjoy the experience. If you want viewing figures, then you tot up all the figures of the casters for a match and aggregate them. Accordingly, I would have thought the more casters in German, Japanese, French etc, the better? :)
A_E
5 Jun 2018, 17:05 PM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

As I say, that is across all ages. For our age demographics the proportion/ this issue/ your point is negligible.

I want as little overlapping coverage as possible, danke.
5 Jun 2018, 17:11 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Bitte schoen! :) (And for the record, I don't agree)

Will you allow casts in Portugese, French or Spanish? :unsure:
5 Jun 2018, 17:20 PM
Referee Badge
Benefactor 347

reserving quarter 1
A_E
5 Jun 2018, 17:22 PM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

You didn't agree the last three times we had this debate either!

Latin countries tend to speak a lot less English than the Nordic and Germanic countries, the difference is quite staggering. I think a better case could be made probably...

Then again our community size is probably 3,000 over all languages.... so most of this is a bit silly tbh.
5 Jun 2018, 17:42 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Jun 2018, 17:22 PMA_E

You didn't agree the last three times we had this debate either!

The first time was when you thought Relic should always refer to the Wehrmacht and not Ostheer? Amirite? :wub:

Second and third times? :unsure:

Latin countries tend to speak a lot less English than the Nordic and Germanic countries, the difference is quite staggering. I think a better case could be made probably...

Whoooaaa! Dangerous territory! Why do you omit the Poles? :D

Then again our community size is probably 3,000 over all languages.... so most of this is a bit silly tbh.

It is not 'silly'. The obverse applies. If you want 'to spread the word', surely the more casters in different tongues, the better? :) Maybe you should audition for Barclaycard? :P

5 Jun 2018, 18:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Jun 2018, 16:42 PMA_E

I appreciate what you're saying but I disagree: most studies show 60-70% of Germans of any age speak at least some conversational English, nearly every young person speaks it above conversational level and our community is mostly 20-30 year olds with an interest in strategy games.

I want as little overlap as possible and as high a viewer numbers as humanly possible for GCS2!

Our community and game is far too small for dozens of foreign language streams.

There should definitly NOT be a German language GCS2 stream just because of the huge number of people that would stay away from the official streams. In every COH2 stream Germans are by far the biggest group of viewers. It would be a bad idea to have 600 people watch the official stream while 600 people watch a German stream and another 100 watch Maza.(I dont know about the numbers, just making them up). Pretty sure most German coh2 community members don´t even want a seperate stream anyways.
A_E
5 Jun 2018, 18:19 PM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

There should definitly NOT be a German language GCS2 stream just because of the huge number of people that would stay away from the official streams. In every COH2 stream Germans are by far the biggest group of viewers. It would be a bad idea to have 600 people watch the official stream while 600 people watch a German stream and another 100 watch Maza.(I dont know about the numbers, just making them up). Pretty sure most German coh2 community members don´t even want a seperate stream anyways.

Thank you that is the way I see it too!
5 Jun 2018, 18:39 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

(Somewhat offtopic but) I think it would be cool if the winner of barbarossa casted games in the following qualifying tournament, maybe as an analyst/color caster for one of the other casters. I know that wouldn't work all that well given a lot of casters are used to solo casting, and a lot of players probably arent that good at casting, but in my head, I think it would be fun.
5 Jun 2018, 18:53 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Noted, but you are wrong. :) It's a question of the aggregate of viewers - and if you want that, then you strim in different languages contemporaneously. :)

https://www.coh2.org/news/40558/ocf-all-star-opening-ceremony-and-broadcast-schedule
A_E
5 Jun 2018, 18:55 PM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

(Somewhat offtopic but) I think it would be cool if the winner of barbarossa casted games in the following qualifying tournament, maybe as an analyst/color caster for one of the other casters. I know that wouldn't work all that well given a lot of casters are used to solo casting, and a lot of players probably arent that good at casting, but in my head, I think it would be fun.

Great idea!
6 Jun 2018, 12:02 PM
Senior Caster Badge
Patrion 39

My personal aim was to cover uncasted matches (whatever is going around just let me know) on Twitch in my usual stream time around 6-9pm NZT on Monday (so about 17 hours after the event starts)

I think we should aim to have every match casted similar to this for OCF
https://www.coh2.org/topic/42444/operation-charlie-fox-youtube-master-list

Also if any player wants to discuss a tournament match, win or loss, on "Inside the War Room" please get in touch.
A_E
6 Jun 2018, 12:03 PM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

My personal aim was to cover uncasted matches (whatever is going around just let me know) on Twitch in my usual stream time around 6-9pm NZST on Monday (so about 17 hours after the event starts)

I think we should aim to have every match casted similar to this for OCF
https://www.coh2.org/topic/42444/operation-charlie-fox-youtube-master-list

Also if any player wants to discuss a tournament match, win or loss, on "Inside the War Room" please get in touch.

Awesome, I hadn't forgotten you, just knew that you were doing replay stuff.

Can't wait for more War Room
A_E
11 Jun 2018, 07:58 AM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

Hey guys, I've not heard of Romeo in a while, so to ensure all four quarters have coverage I myself will cover one of the quarters, as I am increasingly confident in our refereeing team and the tournament engine <444>3

To all casters here is a drive for GCS2 materials that you are welcome to use.

There are still two stream slots open, the wild card stream, and the secondary stream. Let me know if anyone wants in.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★