Login

russian armor

So why exactly can't UKF/USF base buildings be destroyed ?

1 Jun 2018, 23:36 PM

SU/OST and OKW need to build their bases again once they get destroyed.But this isn't the case for UKF.To me this seeems pretty unfair since UKF has the option to destroy Axis base buildings which can be really gamechanging but on the other side axis just can damage UKF buildings which isn't that big deal for the Brit player since he just can repair it.
2 Jun 2018, 00:46 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

? They can be?
2 Jun 2018, 00:52 AM

If you are having your base attacked as any faction you are doing something seriously wrong. So it’s irrelevent to balance.
2 Jun 2018, 01:46 AM

If you are having your base attacked as any faction you are doing something seriously wrong. So it’s irrelevent to balance.

The thing is : If OKW loses its T3 before pushing out an P4 or Panther the battle is lost.
If UKF looses its T3 it just can repair it.So Brits and USF get "rewarded" (since enemy may loose some troops) for not beeing able to defend their base properly but meanwhile OKW trucks can get just get shred apart and then need to get repbuild again.
UKF and USF base buildings need to be destroyed as any other building of any other fraction else.

2 Jun 2018, 01:47 AM

? They can be?

No they can't.They just can get damaged so much that you can not use them for building troops anymore.You just need to repair them with pioneers and that's it ... no fuel and manpower to invest for getting the base again like with other fractions.
2 Jun 2018, 06:04 AM

dude what is this thread about base to be honest you are the only person that has a problem with that and doing that to your base should have never happend at a match oyu are doign somethig nwrong nad why is USF at title?
2 Jun 2018, 07:19 AM

Well, there is actually a point, however i can only imagine this happening in 3v3 or 4v4, when Soviet/Werh player goes full arty spam. Then, this situation might happen.

USF and Commonwealth bases cant be destoyed, cause they dont have any real engineers or sappers, IMHO. Second echelon is more of support unit, and Royal Engies are more of demolition team. They dont have neither blueprints nor tools to build trucks for Commonwealth or sand-bags bunkers for USF.
2 Jun 2018, 09:18 AM

The thing is : If OKW loses its T3 before pushing out an P4 or Panther the battle is lost.
If UKF looses its T3 it just can repair it.So Brits and USF get "rewarded" (since enemy may loose some troops) for not beeing able to defend their base properly but meanwhile OKW trucks can get just get shred apart and then need to get repbuild again.
UKF and USF base buildings need to be destroyed as any other building of any other fraction else.

Actually, if OKW loses schwerer, its KT time.

While UKF and USF rebuild for free, that still takes considerable time to do and UKF bases look like tents and are equally durable.

Remember that neither UKF nor USF can actually pick their base layout either.
2 Jun 2018, 09:47 AM

if you place it right you wotn lose it oyu got the early game advanrtage mid and late how are oyu supopose to lose it keep repairing it and have it in better cover
2 Jun 2018, 11:48 AM

Someone missed the patch back when OKW scavange arty just about fit the entire USF base and if you had 300+ muni saved up you would destroy every base building and win the game with one click

good times :D
2 Jun 2018, 16:28 PM

Thing is, if okw loses th eir schwere it's almost certainly becsuse they tried to use it to lock down an area, were unable to defend iuy or where outplayed and if anyone thinks they desire ve anything back let alone another free area denial tool you are daft. Risk reward doesn't work if you remove the risk. You get 5 fuel back thars more than enough
2 Jun 2018, 16:59 PM

If your base buildings are being destroyed you've lost already.
2 Jun 2018, 17:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Jun 2018, 16:59 PMLago
If your base buildings are being destroyed you've lost already.

Except you play as UKF and USF ... then you just have to repair them with Pioneers

Someone missed the patch back when OKW scavange arty just about fit the entire USF base and if you had 300+ muni saved up you would destroy every base building and win the game with one click

good times :D

So unbalanced stuff which got removed from the game like 2 years ago justifies unbalanced stuff which is still in the game ?

Well, there is actually a point, however i can only imagine this happening in 3v3 or 4v4, when Soviet/Werh player goes full arty spam. Then, this situation might happen.

I once had a 2 vs 2 game (back then when I didn't know that brits just need to repair their bases)and I destroyed the T3 building of the UKF player(lost an Pz 4 for it and thought that it would be worth it).However ... baserushing is something that happens alot in my 2 vs 2 matches(most times me and my mate do it but sometimes enemy does it too(but only very rarely).

USF and Commonwealth bases cant be destoyed, cause they dont have any real engineers or sappers, IMHO. Second echelon is more of support unit, and Royal Engies are more of demolition team. They dont have neither blueprints nor tools to build trucks for Commonwealth or sand-bags bunkers for USF.

Sturmpioneers don't have that either.

Actually, if OKW loses schwerer, its KT time.

While UKF and USF rebuild for free, that still takes considerable time to do and UKF bases look like tents and are equally durable.

Remember that neither UKF nor USF can actually pick their base layout either.

KT is a waste of fuel in most OKW players opinion and if I am right then UKF buildings still have more health than OKW ones(not 100% sure).

if you place it right you wotn lose it oyu got the early game advanrtage mid and late how are oyu supopose to lose it keep repairing it and have it in better cover

Please tell me how "placing it right" can keep my enemy away from destroying it with off map abilities or arty ? Also I am interested in how OKW has Early,Mid and Lategame Advantage (according to you)?
2 Jun 2018, 17:37 PM

Thing is, if okw loses th eir schwere it's almost certainly becsuse they tried to use it to lock down an area, were unable to defend iuy or where outplayed and if anyone thinks they desire ve anything back let alone another free area denial tool you are daft. Risk reward doesn't work if you remove the risk. You get 5 fuel back thars more than enough

How am I supposed to counter Off Map abilitys?Right!There is (almost) no way.This has nothing to do with being outplayed or using it to lock down areas also I wanna know how 135 fuel are "free".
And to the "Risk-Reward" part ... apparently it works ... but only if you have Brits.They have arty which can't be destroyed beause it is in their base and since their Base can not be destroyed there is no "risk" but only "reward".
And btw. (since I think that you (and a lot of others got me wrong) I am not (at least it wasn't my mainpoint) complaining about T3 of OKW beeing too fragile or somthing like this.I am just complaining about the fact that UKF and USF do not need to rebuild their base again once it gets destroyed (not completly destroyed ofc but with one(or more) buildings left) like any other fraction but just need to repair it.
2 Jun 2018, 17:54 PM

I'm with OP on principle, but highly doubt the effort to fix this is worth it for the one in a couple thousand games where it's relevant.
2 Jun 2018, 18:44 PM

How am I supposed to counter Off Map abilitys?Right!There is (almost) no way.This has nothing to do with being outplayed or using it to lock down areas also I wanna know how 135 fuel are "free".
And to the "Risk-Reward" part ... apparently it works ... but only if you have Brits.They have arty which can't be destroyed beause it is in their base and since their Base can not be destroyed there is no "risk" but only "reward".
And btw. (since I think that you (and a lot of others got me wrong) I am not (at least it wasn't my mainpoint) complaining about T3 of OKW beeing too fragile or somthing like this.I am just complaining about the fact that UKF and USF do not need to rebuild their base again once it gets destroyed (not completly destroyed ofc but with one(or more) buildings left) like any other fraction but just need to repair it.

Since the WFA patch that banned it I have yet to see an okw truck get nuked in base from an off map. If you don't want them to be vulnerable do make them vulnerable. If you build your med truck in base youll still heal from the medics in the same way the Soviet do. Build your schwrre in base and you can still use it to shoot some planes, build yuur mech in base and y oh still repair tanks there. If they are on field it's because YOU put them there because YOU wanted to reap the rewards of them being there. The enemy exploited YOUR risk. Working as intended. Also if yuu scoot around you will see that there is discussion about how shitty brit base arty is. It takes the appearance of arty but it doesn't function like it. It is a teching perk like the KT. You can't fire it at will nor is it terribly effective. It warns the enemy and it takes time and tech to get. Not remotely the same.
2 Jun 2018, 18:52 PM

Except you play as UKF and USF ... then you just have to repair them with Pioneers

For the enemy to kill base buildings they need to get armour into the enemy base and the enemy has to be unable to field an adequate AT response.

If that happens, the player losing their buildings has lost. It doesn't matter that they don't have to spend resources to rebuild: their base is full of enemy tanks. They're not getting the chance.
2 Jun 2018, 19:57 PM

If you're constantly getting your buildings wrecked as it seems then you're doing a lot wrong. The fact that this even presents itself as a problem shows that there are bigger issues here, mainly l2p.
2 Jun 2018, 20:20 PM

Let USF base its fine its big base adn you know waht side it is cuz the sandbags are visible so you know who you are up agianst at team games
2 Jun 2018, 21:30 PM

Since the WFA patch that banned it I have yet to see an okw truck get nuked in base from an off map. If you don't want them to be vulnerable do make them vulnerable. If you build your med truck in base youll still heal from the medics in the same way the Soviet do. Build your schwrre in base and you can still use it to shoot some planes, build yuur mech in base and y oh still repair tanks there. If they are on field it's because YOU put them there because YOU wanted to reap the rewards of them being there. The enemy exploited YOUR risk. Working as intended. Also if yuu scoot around you will see that there is discussion about how shitty brit base arty is. It takes the appearance of arty but it doesn't function like it. It is a teching perk like the KT. You can't fire it at will nor is it terribly effective. It warns the enemy and it takes time and tech to get. Not remotely the same.

I was talking about OKW trucks which are placed on the field.(Since mondeogaming1 said that I just should put them in better cover I was assuming that he was talking about Trucks on the field too).

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Jun 2018, 18:52 PMLago

For the enemy to kill base buildings they need to get armour into the enemy base and the enemy has to be unable to field an adequate AT response.

If that happens, the player losing their buildings has lost. It doesn't matter that they don't have to spend resources to rebuild: their base is full of enemy tanks. They're not getting the chance.

So where is the problem then ? Why not make UKF and USF base buildings cost fuel and mp to rebuild them ?

If you're constantly getting your buildings wrecked as it seems then you're doing a lot wrong. The fact that this even presents itself as a problem shows that there are bigger issues here, mainly l2p.

Never said so(usually happens the other way around when I am playing Allies)

Let USF base its fine its big base adn you know waht side it is cuz the sandbags are visible so you know who you are up agianst at team games

Fits pretty much every other fraction too.Also this can be used as advantage by tricking the enemy by switching sides with your teammate
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★