Login

russian armor

Problems as OKW vs SU in 1 vs 1

31 May 2018, 22:24 PM

One day ago i was around rank 800.Now after losing 3 Matches against SU in a row I am below 1100.
The problem is : I just do not know what I do wrong or what I could do better(of course there are some tiny things which I saw that I could improve but this weren't gamechanging things).
In my last 3 matches I just faced msssive blobs (in the first 2 ones it was the same guy and he blobed penals) and even when I countered those blobs with Stuka,MG and Luchs my enemy just pushed me back with tanks because he didn't need to invest fuel in anti-blob units.Just look at my last game(https://www.coh2.org/replay/71272/look-at-this-garden) where my enemy just got one KV 1 and I couldn't do a garden against him.I don't understand what I did wrong to garden it up just so hard.
Could please some of you guys tell me what I did wrong and/or give me some advice for OKW in 1 vs 1 against SU?
2 Jun 2018, 19:10 PM

The first rule of improving is to never blame the game for your defeats. It is what it is. Maybe it's fair, maybe it's not, but you can't change it. The game's not going to adapt to you so you have to adapt to it.

Unless it crashes on you. Then definitely blame the game. :)

Your micro seems pretty good. There's the odd mistake like not taking green cover right next to you or walking a squad up to PPSh conscripts but those happen. Generally good stuff here. You outmaneuvered and outmicroed his early units most of the time and you were rewarded with a significant early lead.

Your mistake was forgetting your opponent is a human and is likely to adapt to your build. Once your opponent saw your double Pumas they simply stopped building light vehicles. They invested in AT guns and handheld AT as a stopgap to hold off your lone Luchs and rushed the KV-1.

Either you didn't anticipate this or you thought two Pumas would be enough to counter a KV-1. Their guns can't reliably penetrate a KV-1 so it tore through your build.

You could have brought out more powerful anti-tank vehicles if you hadn't invested a large amount of fuel into the Sturmtiger. This unit usually isn't worth it in 1v1s and calling it in probably cost you the game.

Generally it's better with OKW to buy only what you need from Mech HQ (a Luchs and maybe a Puma to counter an enemy light vehicle) then get your Schwerer Panzer Headquarters up. The OKW Panzer IV is a very solid generalist tank and the Jagdpanzer IV is your comeback unit against armour.
2 Jun 2018, 21:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Jun 2018, 19:10 PMLago
The first rule of improving is to never blame the game for your defeats. It is what it is. Maybe it's fair, maybe it's not, but you can't change it. The game's not going to adapt to you so you have to adapt to it.

Unless it crashes on you. Then definitely blame the game. :)

Your micro seems pretty good. There's the odd mistake like not taking green cover right next to you or walking a squad up to PPSh conscripts but those happen. Generally good stuff here. You outmaneuvered and outmicroed his early units most of the time and you were rewarded with a significant early lead.

Your mistake was forgetting your opponent is a human and is likely to adapt to your build. Once your opponent saw your double Pumas they simply stopped building light vehicles. They invested in AT guns and handheld AT as a stopgap to hold off your lone Luchs and rushed the KV-1.

Either you didn't anticipate this or you thought two Pumas would be enough to counter a KV-1. Their guns can't reliably penetrate a KV-1 so it tore through your build.

You could have brought out more powerful anti-tank vehicles if you hadn't invested a large amount of fuel into the Sturmtiger. This unit usually isn't worth it in 1v1s and calling it in probably cost you the game.

Generally it's better with OKW to buy only what you need from Mech HQ (a Luchs and maybe a Puma to counter an enemy light vehicle) then get your Schwerer Panzer Headquarters up. The OKW Panzer IV is a very solid generalist tank and the Jagdpanzer IV is your comeback unit against armour.

First of all : Thank you for watching my Replay and Helping me to improve my Playstile.
And to the Puma part : Kinda both.I didn't exspect the KV1 (thought he would never get the fuel for it so I invested into the ST for countering his Infantry) but also thought that 2 Puma with HEAT should be enough to counter one KV 1 since Multiple Pumas with HEAT work just fine against T 34s.

I will try to take your advices to heart and thanks
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS