Login

russian armor

How can you stand usf.

29 May 2018, 22:18 PM

Riflemen are mediocre and usf got no elite infantry.
Echelons are for emplacements builder and building holders.
Mortar doesnt have range and never hits its target.
So your stuck with mediocre infantry, mediocre weapon teams and captain tier sucks.

Late game tanks are just medium tanks which perform mediocre.

AND the micro required to play usf is insane!

Commanders needs to carry usf and if you pick the wrong commander you lose the game.

So either you steamroll them early with liteunant or you lose late game, going captain is suicide.

My thoughts from playing usf in 2v2.
29 May 2018, 22:24 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

no
30 May 2018, 02:31 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

30 May 2018, 02:46 AM

I play Captain almost exclusive nowadays, Pack Howitzer is really good now, having an ATG to focus muni on BARs is good too.
30 May 2018, 07:28 AM

The whole point of the USF infantry design is that they are upgradable through weapon racks. Please tell me how double BAR riflemen are "mediocre". They don't need elite infantry.
30 May 2018, 08:23 AM

I think even my troll attempt about Calliope being OP was more believable than this.
30 May 2018, 18:19 PM

So your stuck with mediocre infantry, mediocre weapon teams and captain tier sucks.

Commanders needs to carry usf and if you pick the wrong commander you lose the game.

So either you steamroll them early with liteunant or you lose late game, going captain is suicide.

On the contrary, I love USF
Just blast them to bits with uberaxis.

Easy win uh uh uh
30 May 2018, 20:17 PM

My opinion for every USF unit :
Riflemen : Double BARs? LMG? Whatever you choose, you just destroy Axis infantry
Echelons : Equip them with bazookas and reach vet 3. They are just great!
Mortar : It's finally back on the same range as the Axis mortar (kinda)
Captain Tier : It rocks, it really rocks. Pak Howitzer for bombardment, Stuart for harrassment Captain himself helps field units faster with the "Supervise" ability
USF tanks : Yeah, they are medium, which means that they are supposed to face enemy infantry/armor with proper support. They ain't King Tiger, Elefant or Tiger VI, which can go solo and destroy 4 enemy bases. Sherman is great for anti-infantry support, while Jackson is the most reliable anti-tank the USF have (seconds comes the M10, that i personally love)

USF's elite infantry are the Rangers and the Paratroopers
30 May 2018, 20:35 PM

inb4 "Playercard please"
30 May 2018, 21:17 PM

Echelons are great for putting zooks on, building wire on cover, sweeping for mines, and for harassing enemy points.

Mortar has good range post-patch, and has same lethality - meaning it's quite lethal.

Riflemen are very good - as good as Volks in early game, better than Grens in early game, and when equipped with either 2x BARs or BAR/M1919 in mid-game, they are the best infantry in the entire game (especially with vet). Other weapon teams are good too - including PACK Howi, which has quite lethal with its accurate barrage, and the MG is of course fantastic - high damage, good suppression. Captain tier overall is very nice - the AT gun is fairly decent, and has great abilities (range boost and AP shells), and of course contains the PACK Howi and Stuart. I love the stuart and get it to Vet3 in 75% of my games. Of course Captain is nice too - free unit with your teching.

Late game tanks are nice - sherman is a little lackluster, but the Scott excels at killing infantry, and the Jackson is the King of allied tank destoyers. In the supreme late game, 3 Jacksons is the best thing you could ever ask for for fighting every kind of axis tank.

The micro to play USF is different I'd say. While axis relies on good MG micro and anticipation, USF requires good unit splitting and also anticipating where MGs are. Differnet micro, but I wouldn't say harder.

Commanders don't carry the USF faction as much as suppliment. I go Infantry every game so I can build early sandbags, get M1919s ASAP, and the Priest is very nice at eliminating campers, forward OKW trucks, or shelling HQs on smaller maps. Thankfully, there are many other good commanders if your mate will get arty himself, including calliope, pershing, airborne, and recon company. I've seen all of them used with great effect.

In conclusion, riflemen are strong early game, and ideally you should win the early game. Mid game can be a bit tough, but if you micro and play well, and can survive till late game arty, Jacksons, and vetted Riflemen with M1919/BARs, you're in a great position to win.

PS Captain is not suicide, I do it 100% of games when I play 2x USF
PPS I've beat many good teams while playing 2x USF, so I think I know what I'm talking about (including Brosras/Antaria, Brosras/Antavrick, VonAsten/Crossfire, Sully/Stark, Theodoseos/Thanatos, etc...)

Next time you are losing as USF, please do not just come on the forum and flame about imbalance like most other people do. If you actually come on here with the mindset that you need to improve your gameplay, rather than blaming the faction, you can improve.
4 Jun 2018, 08:50 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 May 2018, 21:17 PMNosliw

Echelons are great for putting zooks on, building wire on cover, sweeping for mines, and for harassing enemy points.

Mortar has good range post-patch, and has same lethality - meaning it's quite lethal.

Riflemen are very good - as good as Volks in early game, better than Grens in early game, and when equipped with either 2x BARs or BAR/M1919 in mid-game, they are the best infantry in the entire game (especially with vet). Other weapon teams are good too - including PACK Howi, which has quite lethal with its accurate barrage, and the MG is of course fantastic - high damage, good suppression. Captain tier overall is very nice - the AT gun is fairly decent, and has great abilities (range boost and AP shells), and of course contains the PACK Howi and Stuart. I love the stuart and get it to Vet3 in 75% of my games. Of course Captain is nice too - free unit with your teching.

Late game tanks are nice - sherman is a little lackluster, but the Scott excels at killing infantry, and the Jackson is the King of allied tank destoyers. In the supreme late game, 3 Jacksons is the best thing you could ever ask for for fighting every kind of axis tank.

The micro to play USF is different I'd say. While axis relies on good MG micro and anticipation, USF requires good unit splitting and also anticipating where MGs are. Differnet micro, but I wouldn't say harder.

Commanders don't carry the USF faction as much as suppliment. I go Infantry every game so I can build early sandbags, get M1919s ASAP, and the Priest is very nice at eliminating campers, forward OKW trucks, or shelling HQs on smaller maps. Thankfully, there are many other good commanders if your mate will get arty himself, including calliope, pershing, airborne, and recon company. I've seen all of them used with great effect.

In conclusion, riflemen are strong early game, and ideally you should win the early game. Mid game can be a bit tough, but if you micro and play well, and can survive till late game arty, Jacksons, and vetted Riflemen with M1919/BARs, you're in a great position to win.

PPS I've beat many good teams while playing 2x USF, so I think I know what I'm talking about (including Brosras/Antaria, Brosras/Antavrick, VonAsten/Crossfire, Sully/Stark, Theodoseos/Thanatos, etc...)

Next time you are losing as USF, please do not just come on the forum and flame about imbalance like most other people do. If you actually come on here with the mindset that you need to improve your gameplay, rather than blaming the faction, you can improve.

I would like to build sandbags without commander, it's really crucial in this game. I'm tired to insta pick infantry company or pershing only for sandbags in the early. Is it not fair and more balanced?
4 Jun 2018, 08:58 AM

I would like to build sandbags without commander, it's really crucial in this game. I'm tired to insta pick infantry company or pershing only for sandbags in the early. Is it not fair and more balanced?

Aren't you tired of not having stock super heavy tank?

Offensive faction does not have a lot of defensive measures, you feel like you need them, pick a doctrine.

And tank traps build much faster and serve better then sandbags, so you already have superior cover.
4 Jun 2018, 09:19 AM

why do oyu want worst heavy cover tank traps all the way for me
4 Jun 2018, 09:28 AM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

On the topic of Elite Infantry: I am not sure if it counts, but don't they have Paratroopers and Rangers. I mean they are doctrinal but why would USF need more Elite troops when the upgrades of stock Rifleman make them basically Elite?
4 Jun 2018, 12:54 PM

why do oyu want worst heavy cover tank traps all the way for me

Cause the squad disposition is not so good to avoid suppression. I feel that normal sandbags are better than tank traps.
4 Jun 2018, 12:55 PM

Aren't you tired of not having stock super heavy tank?

Offensive faction does not have a lot of defensive measures, you feel like you need them, pick a doctrine.

And tank traps build much faster and serve better then sandbags, so you already have superior cover.

Naah , usf late seems good without stock heavies. :D Anyway thanks for your useful advice on sandbags.
4 Jun 2018, 13:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 May 2018, 21:17 PMNosliw

USF early game is actually their weakness. Wehr outnumbers you after their 4th T1 Unit unless you go 4 rifles which has its own problems. The only way to win the early game vs Wehr is to catch him off guard immediately after you built your 3 rifle or even earlier.

OKW simply has significantly more net fighting power than you at any given point in the first 5 minutes. If the OKW wants to take a certain position early on (eg your freakin cut off) they can do so without taking any risks. I think on some maps OKW vs USF is the most unbalanced matchup in the game. (USF from Charkov north and from Kholodny east)
Ofc USFs superior late game compensates so the overall matchup isn't really that uneven.
4 Jun 2018, 13:26 PM

Cause the squad disposition is not so good to avoid suppression. I feel that normal sandbags are better than tank traps.
That happens to the sandbags too sometimes to get sure cover you need to build two sandbags/2 tank traps
4 Jun 2018, 13:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Jun 2018, 13:21 PMGiaA

USF early game is actually their weakness. Wehr outnumbers you after their 4th T1 Unit unless you go 4 rifles which has its own problems. The only way to win the early game vs Wehr is to catch him off guard immediately after you built your 3 rifle or even earlier.

OKW simply has significantly more net fighting power than you at any given point in the first 5 minutes. If the OKW wants to take a certain position early on (eg your freakin cut off) they can do so without taking any risks. I think on some maps OKW vs USF is the most unbalanced matchup in the game. (USF from Charkov north and from Kholodny east)
Ofc USFs superior late game compensates so the overall matchup isn't really that uneven.

While that certainly may be the case for some playstyles, it has not been my experience when my mate and I play. I always go 4 rifle then captain, and him 3 rifle LT, and we always win the early game. We start by double teaming 1 side of the map with riflemen, which is a guaranteed win over either the WM or OKW player (assuming they don't double team the same side, which is a rare thing for CoH2 players to do), and then double teaming the other side. With 9 infantry units total and a quick mortar and MG follow up from the LT player, and a fast Stuart by myself, the early and ealry-mid game are usually a strong point for us. So I think it depends on your playstyle, since in my experience, early game is not a weakness (unless you both opt for LT builds).
4 Jun 2018, 13:54 PM

I agree ... there are certain things which should be standard to all factions, in my opinion. Sandbags, wire, tank traps for one... among other things (mortar, mg, proper AT gun, etc.)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 27
Germany 550

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment