Login

russian armor

Cost effective simcity counters now mortars are nerfed?

29 May 2018, 04:14 AM

Just had a game as OKW on langreskaya vs a simcity player, where he went full simcity. I won in the end and it wasn't a very "hard" game, but I had to reshuffle my army composition/suicide my units and luckily had LEFH commander equipped.

Its been awhile but it feels like simcity is far harder to cost effectively counter now than before with mortar changes. Now I'm not a top tier player, but i mostly float between rank level 9-11 and beaten my fair share of simcities with the generic bomb,aggression,baserape type solutions but that's not what this is about.

In this game I couldn't find an cost effective strategy against this simcity, and had to resort to LEFH in the late game (50fuel each vs 0 fuel mortar/FRP/30bofors). My double AT gun simply didn't work, raketens are pretty marginal in the first place, but also the elevation on langreskaya also made it far worse. Hell even my double jadgpanzers struggled to demolish a single bofors.

Now I won despite cost LEFH investment simply because the other player was not very good, if he built maybe a fuel cache and went comets with some good micro and used simcity merely as a delaying tool this could have ended poorly for me.

Granted this particular instance was pretty good for a simcity being langreskaya open/elevation for emplacement against at guns, against okw that played t2 thus delayed tanks. I really feel like bofors with emplacement doctrine is now very hard to cost effectively deal with after mortar nerfs, it is an incredibly low maintenance/risk way of stalling the game into late game or forcing enemy to overinvest into indirects.

This thread isn't about IDK how to deal with simcity, I'm trying to start a discussion how to deal with simcity with minimal resource cost

Below is a replay of the game for reference:
https://www.coh2.org/replay/71211/okw-slow-chemotherapy-on-langreskaya-simcity
29 May 2018, 10:10 AM

If he's put everything together and you can get Line of Sight on the whole thing a single Zeroing Artillery will destroy it all.
29 May 2018, 12:42 PM

I'm not sure what you mean with the mortar nerf statements. Did you try double leig? That's pretty much the most reliable way, and the last patch changed very little about them. It's particularly good with incendiary rounds.
10 Aug 2018, 16:37 PM

- People used to bitch against Simcity.
- Then they found out that mass mortars raped Simcity.
- SimCity as a whole, while starting out being called 'cancer' was
now completely helpless and invalidated. Screwing factions entirely
centered on the Simcity concept.
- USA mortar too weak. Needs to be buffed.
- Germans say no to USA mortar being buffed.
- Solution: Nerf all mortars.
- SimCity now slightly more viable instead of an instant death sentence.
And USA mortars are now stronger without having been buffed.

You are welcome :)

Also there is a slight flaw in the original premise.
As OKW never had 0 fuel actual mortars.
14 Aug 2018, 18:34 PM

Double LEIG is how you take SimCities, and if they go the Reinforced Simcity doctrine you have to take out the repair bases first. You can't hammer the emplacements because the repair crews keep respawning. So target priority is key.

The other key thing is these take up a lot of population, sure they can slap them in really annoying spots but play around them until you can properly hit them. I am assuming this is the Advanced Emplacements doctrine as regular emplacements are not that hard to take out, but the Advanced ones are a b!tch. Double LEIG wont be enough usually unless you take out the repair bases, but you need to fully dedicate yourself (cause he is fully dedicating himself to keeping these up).

Repair base > Bofors > Mortar Pit

I say Bofors first, because once thats down you can start rushing it w/ squads. The spammable infiltration grenades are great, but even the fire nades are good at keeping constant pressure on him.

When I do OST/OKW I'll often also take a more direct approach. Sometimes I just load up 2-3 AT guns, distract him and just go for it. You can smoke shit, and just attack ground through it (AT guns vs Bofors) it's ballsy but it's a lot faster than indirect fire as it has been nerffed.
15 Aug 2018, 00:45 AM

Double mortars/leigs should work if they go full sim city. All you have to do is make sure to queue up a move command after the barrage and he shouldn't be able to do that much against you. The mortar halftrack works even better as long as you keep it safe from at since mortars can't really effectively counterfire it and it has the incendiary round.

Or you can just force braces on his bofors and/or smoke the bejesus out of everything and then run in with your army and attack ground.

Also, I don't think the mortar nerfs really heavily affected their performance against garrisons, but I'm not 100% sure so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
22 Nov 2018, 18:11 PM

Smoke bofor with leig and throw volk grenade.
Repeat until simcity is gone.

If you really wanna hurt him, go feursturm for incindiary leig.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★