• This thread is locked
Is Tactical Support Company OP or just very good
Option Distribution Votes
23%
77%
Total votes: 13
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
28 May 2018, 16:50 PM

I don´t know why this doesn´t get discussed more often... This doctrine is kind of OP in my opinion.

You get the 3 CP M1919s. Which are fine since they can´t be double equipped anymore. Not complaining about that.

But now the problems start, you get the P47 recon run at 4 CP which is just unfair in combination with the Calliopes. No other faction gets to have good arty in a doctrine with such good recon.

Then you get 5 CP M5 half truck which can be equipped with AA package to shoot down any plane in the game instantly. It´s the best AA vehicle. Yes it´s situational but still. Very useful.

Then 6 CP you get the P47 AI strafin run. Just look at my example to see how OP it is. You basically pay 125 muni to supress units. Ok the ability needs to be timed/placed right to work and you have time to move your units 10m away from the red smoke but on top of supression it also deals damage. Why is this neccesary? You can use it to supress MGs and infantry blobs and just steamroll everything with your rifles.

And now the worst offender. The Calliope. In combination with the recon you can basically kill every enemy unit from halway across the map. Calliope has way more range than any other rocket arty. Yes the rockets dont come as fast anymore thanks to the recent nerf but the Calliope is basically not counterable. It has twice the range of other rocket arty. What can you do against it? It will just slowly kill all your units.

Thoughts?
28 May 2018, 16:56 PM

But now the problems start, you get the P47 recon run at 4 CP which is just unfair in combination with the Calliopes. No other faction gets to have good arty in a doctrine with such good recon.
[...]

Every other faction has either non-doc rocket arty or good non-doc recon options, so every recon run/rocket arty doctrine is in some way "good arty in a doctrine with such good recon".

I don't see any problem here for USF. On top of that - Caliope is probably less lethal than any other unit of this class IMO.
28 May 2018, 18:02 PM

Every other faction has either non-doc rocket arty or good non-doc recon options, so every recon run/rocket arty doctrine is in some way "good arty in a doctrine with such good recon".

I don't see any problem here for USF. On top of that - Caliope is probably less lethal than any other unit of this class IMO.

But the combination is just so good. Calliope can´t be countered effectivly. They have good range + HP. You can´t just dive them like you can dive Stuka and Panzerwerfer. They will win you the game slowly over the time especially with Recon and P47 strafe to prepare attacks or defend vs blobs.
28 May 2018, 18:17 PM
Donator 11

This must be the worst troll thread in coh2.org history :S Next time at least try to make it look serious. The rigged poll will probably make it closed soon. On the other hand, that would make a good lobby thread with OP contradicting himself so much, it can be funny then. But is it really the place for that?
28 May 2018, 18:26 PM

Damn and I was thinking people would fall for it :( Need to be more subtle next time :(
28 May 2018, 19:25 PM

28 May 2018, 20:58 PM
Senior Caster Badge
Patrion 39

Reported for excessive trolling
28 May 2018, 21:06 PM
Admin Red  Badge

Very detailed and comprehensible analysis. A lot of effort was invested in this thread.

Locked.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 51
Germany 32
United States 2
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L