Login

russian armor

Mortars and Mortar HT overnerfed?

26 May 2018, 17:23 PM

Pak Howi and Leig are fine. But whenever I get mortars since SBP they struggle to get any kills. Even with vet they end up getting 5-10 kills in 35mins+ games. And I only get mortars vs enenmies that have support weapons.

Mortar HTs arent doing much better either.

Just bad luck or are mortars UP across all factions now?

26 May 2018, 17:40 PM
Donator 11

IMO the goal of mortars isn't to kill or at least the changes that were made,
mortars are more so to make people move less they keep taking splash damage.

Not saying your point is invalid, but I've been using barrage more and seem to be doing rather well.

Maybe cost reductions for Mortar HTs might be needed or maybe a buff in splash damage, outside of those believe the ROF changes were more than welcome and needed for 3 years.
26 May 2018, 18:10 PM

This was pretty much purpose of the changes. They're not meant to be damage dealers, they're for displacing static positions from beyond their range.

26 May 2018, 18:21 PM

Mortars even better then before.

MG42 cant sit in buildings anymore more then 1 barrage
26 May 2018, 18:28 PM

Mortars even better then before.

MG42 cant sit in buildings anymore more then 1 barrage

It never could.
26 May 2018, 18:32 PM
Donator 11

Mortars are not supposed to always work like they did last patch. Now you actually have to use them as a counter to the builds that overuse team weapons or in building oriented map, instead of building a battery every game and hoping for good rng.
26 May 2018, 18:40 PM

they are still fine after the nerf, although mg have definitely become the dominate as they don't have to dodge the mortar shell all the time.
26 May 2018, 20:00 PM

They require more active input now.
I rarely get the US mortar now, prefer going Captain and using Pack Howitzers, they are so good now, heh.
26 May 2018, 20:21 PM

Mortars are now finally a specialized counter against heavy support weapons tactics, while not influencing the regular infantry fights as much. Which is good.

And they're still very useful for smoke.
26 May 2018, 21:38 PM

Pak Howi and Leig are fine. But whenever I get mortars since SBP they struggle to get any kills. Even with vet they end up getting 5-10 kills in 35mins+ games. And I only get mortars vs enenmies that have support weapons.

Mortar HTs arent doing much better either.

Just bad luck or are mortars UP across all factions now?

Your luck is the same as everyone else's luck when they buy a USF mortar. The USF one is working as intended, which is a really inefficient way to move MG's out of garrisons.

The OST is maybe a little better than intended, and so is the Soviet one. The patch seems to have made them more similar in performance. If anything, I'd like to seem them both nerfed a little more. Anything above a 2v2 turns into an arty shitshow.
26 May 2018, 23:17 PM

At least with the usf mtht, try using the white phosphorus barrage in tandem with a regular mortar. It is extremely effective at displacing team weapons and is pretty cheap. Since the latest patch I have been using 1 regular mortar and 1 ht. Use them to hit the same area so you're getting the health damage + slow of the wp while killing models/squads with the barrage of the regular mortar.

Not to mention it is extremely annoying to play against =P
27 May 2018, 04:12 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I feel that mortars are in a better state than ever: urban maps are not as frustrating to clear with a single mortar and there are no frustrating full-health wipes. Ostheer mortars really deserved the tone-down too.
27 May 2018, 05:53 AM

The mortar nerfs were a welcome change for us 4v4 players. However, now players just make more mortars LUL

But I seriously applaud those who pushed the nerfs through! Very well done!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 41
Germany 26
Germany 81
Israel 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %