Login

russian armor

OKW NOW the LEAST OP faction

23 May 2018, 15:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 May 2018, 07:42 AMzarok47

Maxim>mg34 and I really like your explanation for the .50 call on super-aggresive USF (and remember, mg34 requires a truck set-up, before you throw in LT tech).

There is nothing to support that.

When was the last time you played axis? All your axis ranks are hidden.

I think he is that guy, he just has trouble with the language.

All hail the Maxim Lord
23 May 2018, 20:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 May 2018, 07:42 AMzarok47

I think he is that guy, he just has trouble with the language.

Its not. Despite being an asshole, tay tay can atleast speak english fluently.
24 May 2018, 06:38 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 May 2018, 09:12 AMDarth
I have been using obers more lately which are very effective with veterancy but are sometimes hard to keep alive

I think Obers could use a small performance buff, either by giving them a fifth model (same DPS tho) for survivability against mid-late game indirect fire or by moving them to mechanized truck so they can hit the field earlier and don't have as much of a vet disadvantage as they have now. Stuka could be moved to panzer HQ.

I feel like once OKW starts losing the mid game infantry engagements (against penals, guards, rangers, airborne or double weapon tommies/riflemen) they can't really recuperate because their own elite infantry hits the field too late and dies too easily to explosive/indirect weapons.

Vehicle wise OKW is strong enough IMO. Especially now that the Panthers are really good.
25 May 2018, 09:35 AM

I think Obers could use a small performance buff, either by giving them a fifth model (same DPS tho) for survivability against mid-late game indirect fire or by moving them to mechanized truck so they can hit the field earlier and don't have as much of a vet disadvantage as they have now. Stuka could be moved to panzer HQ.

I feel like once OKW starts losing the mid game infantry engagements (against penals, guards, rangers, airborne or double weapon tommies/riflemen) they can't really recuperate because their own elite infantry hits the field too late and dies too easily to explosive/indirect weapons.

Vehicle wise OKW is strong enough IMO. Especially now that the Panthers are really good.

Exactly, every other faction has a power spike mid game but not with OKW until you have a panther4. I think OKW vehicle is good, but not good enough. I think the reason might be because OKW doesn't have a decent anti-tank infantry unit.
25 May 2018, 09:45 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 May 2018, 22:57 PMF1sh
I mainly play Soviets and I do think OKW is a bit on the weak side now. Volks are pretty flimsy and their fire nade is OKW's only hope clearing early game garrisons. Not sure what can be done to fix. I don't particularly like the ISG, it doesn't hold a candle to it's former glory. Or maybe I just suck at OKW.

Though you shouldn't expect the King Tiger to be a game winner. Most people save for a KT and rush it to the enemy unsupported, expecting it to win them the game.

King Tiger is not a game winner IMO, maybe it is role should be a game changer because of its expensive price. If people can just save and rush for KT then the opponent probably didn't utilize their early game and mid game advantage vs OKW player. In the current meta, 99% of the time KT is just not the right choice. From my own gameplay experience, if I get a KT, my pioneer is repairing the tank the rest of the game instead of capping or minesweeping.
25 May 2018, 14:01 PM

I would like obers to come sooner so they can have a bit of time to shine before bobbed down but aside from that imo okw are decent at least. Volks aren't holding up to double armed WFA or guards isn't really a balance issue given the price match ups (the problem comes from the design of being better to start and being able to pay so they never catch up) but guards at least are 50% more expensive and require stationary to beat them so like.... That's fine. KT could use a small bump tho or rather allied tds need a slight reduction. Since the ass of the KT isn't higher than a medium tank any more it doesn't NEED to be taken frontally. It should require or at least promote flanking
28 May 2018, 18:11 PM

Jaeger infantry + Obers together mow down the enemy infantry unless they retreat.
Jaeger has long sight, so you can spot before engaging.
Fast ostwind with jaegers, obers and you can push the enemy off the map, before the enemy medium tanks arrive, but timing is everything.

That´s an example of a powerspike right there.
29 May 2018, 04:39 AM

Basically any offmap, especially a stuka is a better choice than a KT at that point in most games. I'm not a stats guy, but it seems to me its DPS is maybe 30% better than a PziV vs infantry, which is what I always used it for. It is too slow to be really helpful against armor, and can't even be a damage sink anymore while you flank with something else.

To really kick ass as OKW, I recommend stealing a pak howie.

In any case, I'm experimenting with delaying building armor a lot more than I ever did, because, hey, look, all OKW armor is damnably meh now. When your double camoed raketens get one or two-shotted, at least you don't lose fuel, as opposed to getting a Jagpanzer flanked or caught out (Jagpanzer still has an important role to play on the rectangular maps).

Remember when a PzIV was kind of great? I miss being able to actually flank and kill at guns with tanks in this game (assuming they were supported.) It's just a playstyle I liked better than all the off-map and smoke you have to use now to win. Smoking stuff with commander abilities or leigs is just not as fun and still feels cheesy to me.

29 May 2018, 05:31 AM

The OKW power spike is the hetzer flame tank with the intel reload upgrade.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Peru 19
unknown 16
unknown 8
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %