Login

russian armor

OKW NOW the LEAST OP faction

22 May 2018, 04:27 AM

No power spike at any point of the game.
weak against MGS as always.
Volks doesn't even beat cons at long range. And no flame nade early game.
SP lose to cons rifle when the other guy knows what they are doing, so hard to close the distance and flank.
AA half track doesn't help to kill mgs as quickly as last patch or pinged them.
Lucs doesn't do wells into mgs,cuz the heal is insanely expensive 40 some munitions. plus at boys and guards can easily counter lucs.

After you survive the early and mid game, you can't come back with KT anymore. One tank destroyer counter KT so hard.

The only advantage I see OKW has over the other factions is the infantry support gun. But building 2 ISG gives you no map presence.

I like the last patch for okw better. You have a strong early game, but you are weak mid game and late game Cuz you can always pressure the enemy with fast AA, and use cheap heals stay in the front line. And get a panzer4 for the power spike and win. Nowadays, you don't have a power spike, losing most of the situation.

My suggestion would be buff the KT frontal armor, make it a come back machine. So you can have a weak early and mid game, and a strong late game. Or make a flame nade upgrade at the HQ instead of setting up the truck so you can then choose w/e tech you want.
Not
22 May 2018, 04:52 AM

Volks doesn't even beat cons at long range. And no flame nade early game.

It never was like that.
weak against MG

Still better than Maxim, means it's not the worst. Bad MG is for compensation for their very agressive start.

SP lose to cons rifle when the other guy knows what they are doing, so hard to close the distance and flank

That is not a balance problem. Unit should not be OP against everything.

AA half track doesn't help to kill mgs as quickly as last patch or pinged them

Lucs doesn't do wells into mgs,cuz the heal is insanely expensive 40 some munitions. plus at boys and guards can easily counter lucs.

Don't play with just one unit, always support it with infantry. It is not COH1 222 car.

After you survive the early and mid game, you can't come back with KT anymore. One tank destroyer counter KT so hard

KT was always a panic button if you lose your T3, it is a penalty for that, deal with it.

And get a panzer4 for the power spike and win

Another example why your whole thoughts are wrong and based on thinking that OKW must destroy everything in a blink of the eye.
Try to play another factions to see their weak spots and put your playercard on
22 May 2018, 05:14 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 May 2018, 04:52 AMNot

It never was like that.

Still better than Maxim, means it's not the worst. Bad MG is for compensation for their very agressive start.

That is not a balance problem. Unit should not be OP against everything.

Don't play with just one unit, always support it with infantry. It is not COH1 222 car.

KT was always a panic button if you lose your T3, it is a penalty for that, deal with it.

Another example why your whole thoughts are wrong and based on thinking that OKW must destroy everything in a blink of the eye.

I'm talking about gameplay and power spikes. KT can make comebacks cuz it does man power damage to the enemy.
Here is the outdated players card

22 May 2018, 22:57 PM

I mainly play Soviets and I do think OKW is a bit on the weak side now. Volks are pretty flimsy and their fire nade is OKW's only hope clearing early game garrisons. Not sure what can be done to fix. I don't particularly like the ISG, it doesn't hold a candle to it's former glory. Or maybe I just suck at OKW.

Though you shouldn't expect the King Tiger to be a game winner. Most people save for a KT and rush it to the enemy unsupported, expecting it to win them the game.

22 May 2018, 23:19 PM

I'm talking about gameplay and power spikes. KT can make comebacks cuz it does man power damage to the enemy.

How about a updated playercard? Man, this reeks fake.
23 May 2018, 00:02 AM

Lol he is just screen shotting someone else he is not Taylor swift
23 May 2018, 01:28 AM
23 May 2018, 01:58 AM

"Least OP"?

Least OP still means OP...
23 May 2018, 05:00 AM

Cons and at boys op?
23 May 2018, 05:10 AM
Senior Caster Badge

LUL
23 May 2018, 07:42 AM

Maxim>mg34 and I really like your explanation for the .50 call on super-aggresive USF (and remember, mg34 requires a truck set-up, before you throw in LT tech).

There is nothing to support that.

When was the last time you played axis? All your axis ranks are hidden.

jump backJump back to quoted post23 May 2018, 00:02 AMRocket

Lol he is just screen shotting someone else he is not Taylor swift

I think he is that guy, he just has trouble with the language.
23 May 2018, 08:36 AM

He was saying OKW is weak vs MGs, not that they have a weak MG. Which they do.
23 May 2018, 09:12 AM

Personally I like mg34 better than maxim. Better suppression and when I build an mg I want suppression not DPS (better vet ability too).

On topic: Not sure how I feel about okw right now. I think they are more powerful than ostheer but at the same time much more vulnerable to certain strategies (like mg spam as mentioned). They can easily snowball with their strong early game but late game volks are pretty meh vs double brens, double bars, and guards.

I have been using obers more lately which are very effective with veterancy but are sometimes hard to keep alive. JP4 is also a must imo because of the strong TD options for the allies.
23 May 2018, 13:21 PM

I don't get the title of the thread.

Does the OP want OKW to be OP by posting on the Balance section on the forums?
23 May 2018, 13:48 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I'm having a tough time vs soviets but absolutely crushing Brits and USF. Wait for the new meta to unfold.
23 May 2018, 14:13 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post23 May 2018, 13:48 PMTobis
I'm having a tough time vs soviets but absolutely crushing Brits and USF. Wait for the new meta to unfold.

Can you explain your build order vs USF and UKF? I can't get OKW to work anymore. Infantry just don't cut it for me.

On topic: "least OP" isn't a good way to describe any faction, but they do have their problems. From what I've seen from top players it looks like the OKW gameplay now is outspam your opponet with volks and use your early game sturms to stress your opponet till you can get a p4. Other than that though not a whole lot a different strategies work.
23 May 2018, 14:16 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Can you explain your build order vs USF and UKF? I can't get OKW to work anymore. Infantry just don't cut it for me.

On topic: "least OP" isn't a good way to describe any faction, but they do have their problems. From what I've seen from top players it looks like the OKW gameplay now is outspam your opponet with volks and use your early game sturms to stress your opponet till you can get a p4. Other than that though not a whole lot a different strategies work.

TBH I've literally used the firestorm doctrine and rushed a hetzer in every match vs UKF and USF. Only lost twice so far with it.
23 May 2018, 14:20 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post23 May 2018, 14:16 PMTobis

TBH I've literally used the firestorm doctrine and rushed a hetzer in every match vs UKF and USF. Only lost twice so far with it.

Was doing some scrims last night with fortune and he used that vs me 1 or 2 times. Actually a really decent unit now.
23 May 2018, 14:26 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Was doing some scrims last night with fortune and he used that vs me 1 or 2 times. Actually a really decent unit now.

Yea he used it against me
in SMC, USF and UKF have no counter until they get tanks.
23 May 2018, 14:32 PM

buff valiant assault , maybe add a new valiant assault 1 isn't enough :snfBarton:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS