Login

russian armor

Why does USF start with more resources than OKW?

21 May 2018, 16:52 PM

21 May 2018, 16:54 PM

Donno.

Why doesn't OKW pay separately for ability to get weapon upgrades and grenades?
21 May 2018, 16:56 PM
Patrion 310

Manpower is different because SP's cost more than RE's do. With regards to fuel, might be something to do with timing and cost of tech being different?
21 May 2018, 17:08 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

The better question is, how do you balance units based on cost, when everyone starts with different starting resources?
21 May 2018, 17:17 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Is that really the case? I was under the impression that OKW had a higher total mp start, after they reworked their tech.

Reminder that initial resources are basically purely mp wise. That's your initial amount plus the cost/value of your starting unit.
Fuelwise is just a matter of timing, cause any faction with a slightly higher or smaller amount, accounts for either sidegrades or basically min 0 teching (OH/SU).
21 May 2018, 17:22 PM

The better question is, how do you balance units based on cost, when everyone starts with different starting resources?

I don't know, you could for example, give them different units with different prices, different upgrades and different stats, you could maybe even lock them behind different tech structures with different tech prices to introduce different timing?

And in regards to starting resources, menpower specifically, its 500mp minus starting squad, but there are more exceptions to that now and can you guess which factions gets most of these extras?
OKW gets extra 100mp.
Ost gets extra 60mp.
UKF gets extra 50mp.
21 May 2018, 17:36 PM

Starting manpower is part of the asymmetrical start: starting manpower and available units determines the early game options a faction has: cut their starting manpower and they'll get their initial squads out more slowly.

Starting fuel is for tuning timings: add +10 starting fuel to a faction and they'll get their first vehicle out sooner. If you simply made that unit cheaper you'd also make it more spammable.
21 May 2018, 17:47 PM
Donator 11

It also allows you to tune the replacement cost of starter units buildings I.e. they are more viable to rebuild later in the game because you make them cheaper but reduce the factions starter fuel to make them the same timing to build at beginning
21 May 2018, 18:48 PM

Just curious.

==============

Katitof :

Donno.

Why doesn't OKW pay separately for ability to get weapon upgrades and grenades?

+1 So nicely said :)
21 May 2018, 19:30 PM
Patrion 27

I dunno, why does OKW get a non-doc King Tiger?
22 May 2018, 02:39 AM

I dunno, why does OKW get a non-doc King Tiger?

Or better yet, why doesn't USF get a non-doc Pershing?
22 May 2018, 06:20 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 May 2018, 02:39 AMGrumpy

Or better yet, why doesn't USF get a non-doc Pershing?

because pershing is fast tank with high wiping potencial...while KT means you will lose because 1-2 TDs allie deny it hard.

take other units than the KT..and your win chance raises enorm. thats why you see KT so less.
22 May 2018, 06:46 AM

because pershing is fast tank with high wiping potencial...while KT means you will lose because 1-2 TDs allie deny it hard.

take other units than the KT..and your win chance raises enorm. thats why you see KT so less.

If you build a kt against allied TDs you desire to lose... Try a Jp4 or some cloaking raks to defend it and stop yoloing it into the enemy lines like the old one tank army it was and bloody well support it
22 May 2018, 09:10 AM

If you build a kt against allied TDs you desire to lose... Try a Jp4 or some cloaking raks to defend it and stop yoloing it into the enemy lines like the old one tank army it was and bloody well support it

you sound like that i play like this. thats wrong.

i said: thats why you never see it often...in all games...because its a bad unit actually and its like a shot in your own leg.

other units rewards you more for this high cost and pop.

it doesnt wipe anymore...only lucky shots and will get penetratet from every alli tds conitounsly.
is slow and throw you back...because you invest the highest cost ingame and can lose it to fast while

it can stay back and shot here and there...but this can a p4 too...and its faster.

KT need a whole army to support...can´t operate alone or can be very effective..
22 May 2018, 09:20 AM

i hate when axis fans want to nerf further more the already hard to play USF
22 May 2018, 09:48 AM

i hate when axis fans want to nerf further more the already hard to play USF

hard to play is relativ: if you play vs okw..its easy win with the right commander and pio spam into stuart ... 4-5 flamers with zooks are cancer
22 May 2018, 14:30 PM

hard to play is relativ: if you play vs okw..its easy win with the right commander and pio spam into stuart ... 4-5 flamers with zooks are cancer
If you think it works pls try it and then see how easy it is and how micro intense
22 May 2018, 17:34 PM

Just curious.

Well, because okw start with sturmpioneers, and usf start with Rear echelons. Im pretty sure you know which is the better unit there.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★