Login

russian armor

Sturmpioneer Squad question

20 May 2018, 16:36 PM

Lets say you have 3-4 Sturmpioneer Squads and 1 of them has the ability of mines and you move them all together and they found mines that means that all squads will take no damage from mines or only the squad with the ability?
20 May 2018, 17:00 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Once a mine is revealed it won't trigger itself unless acted upon by an outside penetrating force. Any of your sturms can disarm it safely, but the sweeper needs to stay within range or the mine could dissappear and explode with your sturm squad ontop of it.

This applies for all engineer squads.
20 May 2018, 18:03 PM

Just letting it be known that 4 sturmpio squads is way too much lol

if you aren’t aware
20 May 2018, 19:28 PM

basically i prefer them from 3-4 volks
20 May 2018, 21:53 PM

Sturms are way too manpower intensive for upkeep and have no way to fight light vehicles or snare tanks. You may prefer them to Volks, but if you play a competent player with that unit composition you’ll get crushed by in the mid game or late game if you even survive that long.

Of course, against a noob it could work. Lol
21 May 2018, 01:54 AM

Sturms are way too manpower intensive for upkeep and have no way to fight light vehicles or snare tanks. You may prefer them to Volks, but if you play a competent player with that unit composition you’ll get crushed by in the mid game or late game if you even survive that long.

Of course, against a noob it could work. Lol

+1

Basically the problems with spamming sturms. You might be able to get away with it now depending on your level but youre gonna get mauled by more cost efficient infantry and light vehicles in the mid game later on. I usually just use 1 sturm with 3 volks and some elite infantry or weapon teams.
21 May 2018, 05:27 AM

Sturms are way too manpower intensive for upkeep and have no way to fight light vehicles

Well, except for their panzerschreck upgrade :p But it unfortunately sucks. So much.

I'll do double sturms sometimes. You can get some good wipes on close range maps with some careful flanking. The flame upgrade makes them particularly nice.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 33
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment