Login

russian armor

Thank you for screwing up the pop count on units guys...

19 May 2018, 07:30 AM

Because they needlessly increased the pop count on units I noticed a bug with the Pershing call in. If you get the required 600 MP and 230 fuel and have between 18 and 16 remaining pop available the Pershing will show that its available to call in but when you do, it will not arrive and your 600 MP and 230 fuel just gets flushed down the toilet.

Now they can fix the bug but I have a better idea: STOP INCEASING THE POP ON UNITS TO BEGIN WITH!!!! This is so rediculous, at this rate we'll be lucky if we can call in more than one tank a few patches from now.

ALL infantry need an accross the board decrease of 1 pop for all factions, and ALL medium and above armor need a reduction of 2 pop accross the board. These pop count increases really piss me off, I know USF can decrew but that's not the point.
19 May 2018, 09:45 AM

Whatever is needed to satisfy the "elite" competitive community and their complaints.
19 May 2018, 10:57 AM

I shudder to think how much you'd have hated how CoH 1 did popcap.
19 May 2018, 16:53 PM

That being said, if it’s actually a bug, then that should be addressed regardless of the source.
19 May 2018, 17:45 PM

Popcap is adjusted to match how units perform according to whatever changes were made to them or to help them fit their niche better, for example of a unit is udnerperforming due to how quickly it can fill up pop, it has it lowered, or to prevent it being spammed, it gets higher.

The bug that comes with the game is Relic's fault for making this game so poorly put together, but just because some things cause occasional bugs does not mean they should be removed.

Whatever is needed to satisfy the "elite" competitive community and their complaints.

This doesn't mean anything about anything.
19 May 2018, 20:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 May 2018, 17:45 PMSwift
Popcap is adjusted to match how units perform according to whatever changes were made to them or to help them fit their niche better, for example of a unit is udnerperforming due to how quickly it can fill up pop, it has it lowered, or to prevent it being spammed, it gets higher.

The bug that comes with the game is Relic's fault for making this game so poorly put together, but just because some things cause occasional bugs does not mean they should be removed.

This doesn't mean anything about anything.

Doesn't it now?

You have competitive people balancing the game.

You have competitive people telling everyone to learn to play the game and they often make comparisons to the top players, of which are about 5-10% of this entire community not more.

And lastly, I would say the biggest insult to the true loyal fanbase of this franchise, whatever good and logical suggestion is given by anybody, is shot down automatically by these same competitive people, be it because it's a change not "unique" enough or that simply it would do it's job normally but be over powered when used by the top players.
19 May 2018, 20:44 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post19 May 2018, 07:30 AMCODGUY
Because they needlessly increased the pop count on units I noticed a bug with the Pershing call in. If you get the required 600 MP and 230 fuel and have between 18 and 16 remaining pop available the Pershing will show that its available to call in but when you do, it will not arrive and your 600 MP and 230 fuel just gets flushed down the toilet.

Thx for the report.
19 May 2018, 21:02 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

And lastly, I would say the biggest insult to the true loyal fanbase of this franchise, whatever good and logical suggestion is given by anybody, is shot down automatically by these same competitive people, be it because it's a change not "unique" enough or that simply it would do it's job normally but be over powered when used by the top players.

So we should add OP stuff because you have fun stomping noobs with it?
19 May 2018, 22:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 May 2018, 21:02 PMTobis

So we should add OP stuff because you have fun stomping noobs with it?

If that is what you truly believe in then so be it.

But sadly for you no, that's not what I meant and anybody with half a brain understood what I actually meant.
20 May 2018, 00:20 AM

I agree games becoming symmetrical and anything unique or different has been changed or driven into the ground. Commanders, factions, and balance all alike. Miss the days of pre western front of old.
20 May 2018, 00:42 AM
Donator 11

Has anyone confirmed if this is a bug or not?
20 May 2018, 01:31 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

Yes it's a bug. I don't know why they would intentionally want you to pay for a vehicle when you don't have the correct amount of pop, and then have it take your resources and you get nothing.
20 May 2018, 07:32 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 May 2018, 07:30 AMCODGUY
Now they can fix the bug but I have a better idea: STOP INCEASING THE POP ON UNITS TO BEGIN WITH!!!! This is so rediculous, at this rate we'll be lucky if we can call in more than one tank a few patches from now.

Welcome to OKW where we have a 23 popcap tank that isn't even good lol.
20 May 2018, 08:22 AM

but be over powered when used by the top players.

Hi, Zarok here, I am a top 50 player and if a change made to placate the mediocere players would result in a unit becomg OP if used by me, what do you think would happen?
I would start a literall killing spree, ranking all the way up to top 5 and utterly destroy the hapless players who are apperently the target audience for this change.

Sincerely,
The maxim spammer.
20 May 2018, 09:06 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 May 2018, 08:22 AMzarok47

Hi, Zarok here, I am a top 50 player and if a change made to placate the mediocere players would result in a unit becomg OP if used by me, what do you think would happen?
I would start a literall killing spree, ranking all the way up to top 5 and utterly destroy the hapless players who are apperently the target audience for this change.

Sincerely,
The maxim spammer.

Listen son, I work for a living, no mommy and daddy to pay for me, my car or my girlfriend so I don't give a damn about who you are, what level you are or how well you play, I, like most of this community, just want to play this game for a few hours after work and just relax a little, while you, like I said, represent only about 5-10% of this entire community.

So no, I don't think that we should aim to be like you, HelpingHans, VonIvan and the rest of the "pro" players, I have watched HelpingHans specifically and have played other games with him as well and I admire the fellow however like I said, I don't see why we should suffer and try to be like him in order to enjoy this game.

And enjoying this game means that it should be balanced, and it's only balanced around the top players, so if it were me I would try not to go to some extreme but try and strike, a balance, no pun intended so that everyone can be happy.

And by balance I don't mean stat changes which can be abused by the pro players, I mean actually listening to the rest of the god damn community and implementing compromising changes that the bigger part of the community can also enjoy the game.

And that shall be it until like I suggested 2 game modes be implemented, 1 for the smaller 1v1 and 2v2 competitive scenes and 1 for the bigger and more casual 3v3 and 4v4 scenes, then, I would fully agree that no compromise should be met as both sides would have their own "sectors" so to speak which they can enjoy.

But as long as we are in a single boat that only favors one side tensions will always be high and disagreements always out there, unless like I said compromises are made so more can be happy than unhappy.
20 May 2018, 09:15 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

Listen son, I work for a living, no mommy and daddy to pay for me, my car or my girlfriend so I don't give a damn about who you are, what level you are or how well you play, I, like most of this community, just want to play this game for a few hours after work and just relax a little, while you, like I said, represent only about 5-10% of this entire community.

So no, I don't think that we should aim to be like you, HelpingHans, VonIvan and the rest of the "pro" players, I have watched HelpingHans specifically and have played other games with him as well and I admire the fellow however like I said, I don't see why we should suffer and try to be like him in order to enjoy this game.

And enjoying this game means that it should be balanced, and it's only balanced around the top players, so if it were me I would try not to go to some extreme but try and strike, a balance, no pun intended so that everyone can be happy.

And by balance I don't mean stat changes which can be abused by the pro players, I mean actually listening to the rest of the god damn community and implementing compromising changes that the bigger part of the community can also enjoy the game.

And that shall be it until like I suggested 2 game modes be implemented, 1 for the smaller 1v1 and 2v2 competitive scenes and 1 for the bigger and more casual 3v3 and 4v4 scenes, then, I would fully agree that no compromise should be met as both sides would have their own "sectors" so to speak which they can enjoy.

But as long as we are in a single boat that only favors one side tensions will always be high and disagreements always out there, unless like I said compromises are made so more can be happy than unhappy.

Believe it or not, but that is what I always try in the balance team. Remembering the other guys that main playerbase is 4vs4. Also 1vs1 in not top 50 level.
But yeah most pleople are from 1vs1 section, who can have kind of influence of this game.
Tbf the tigerace change was for example for the casual player. Nobody in top 10 goes tigerace in 1vs1.

But i know how you feel.
20 May 2018, 09:15 AM

snip

You play comp stomps....

Balance is of ZERO relevance there, so WHY are you even here, being concerned about anything balance related, when if there is a singular player in whole coh2 forum community that should not be concerned with balance at all - its you.

AI does not care for balance gimmicks and is not able to use them, its not going to spam certain unit because its perceived as op.

And if normal ai gives you trouble, there is easy ai for you to roll over.
20 May 2018, 13:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 May 2018, 09:15 AMKatitof

You play comp stomps....

Balance is of ZERO relevance there, so WHY are you even here, being concerned about anything balance related, when if there is a singular player in whole coh2 forum community that should not be concerned with balance at all - its you.

AI does not care for balance gimmicks and is not able to use them, its not going to spam certain unit because its perceived as op.

And if normal ai gives you trouble, there is easy ai for you to roll over.

Ahh, the polish named know it all troll speaks.

And let me ask you this my good sir, who in the hell are you to tell me that I don't belong here or that I don't have a right of an opinion?

And I have NEVER, EVER said anything about stats, EVER, try and prove me wrong.

I have only, ONLY ever talked about actual change in mechanics which very well concern me as long as I am playing the game.

And I am glad that there are people like Sturmpanther instead of someone like yourself that care about the little guy because you obviously care very little for anyone else apart from yourself, and your "learn to play" and other trollish comments only support my claim.
20 May 2018, 14:26 PM

The game's balanced by the top players for two reasons:

• The top players are playing closest to the skill ceiling where the balance state of a unit has a greater influence on its performance than player skill. Fewer "L2P" issues as it were.
  • The matchmaker inherently dampens the effect of faction imbalance for most ranks: if a player is playing an underpowered faction the matchmaker gives them a less skillful opponent. At the top of the ladder there aren't enough players to compensate in this way so top level players are most strongly effected by balance.
20 May 2018, 14:45 PM

The top 5 to 10% of players are the part of the community that are most knowledgeable about the game. They absolutely SHOULD be the ones making the decisions about balance because balance doesn't really affect the rest of the player base anyways. I also don't understand what changed that made the game so terrible to play. Personally, I have been having more fun than ever especially since the commander revamps.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★