Login

russian armor

Bring back two man/woman soviet snipers [poll]

21 May 2018, 08:29 AM

Permanently Banned
Soviet sniper must be 2 mans, its uniqe things that based on survival of faction, 6 man squads, with not good dps.
Problem with soviet sniper was not with 2 man squads that hard counter snipe (its lie), coz when ostheer sniper make shoot, soviet sniper cannot answer coz aim time and ostheer camo. When ostheer sniper are vet 1 its just button counter. Problem are with support of soviet sniper, all this cons/penals/guards wall, make trouble to counter it.

If patch was maked by PRO players, i think Devm ostheer sniper playstyle vs soviets must be exmaple for them, how need to play, if you make patch for TOP players. But like i see for them hard l2p, so thay change game how convenient for them. And just kill unit.

So revert changes.
21 May 2018, 09:09 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 May 2018, 08:26 AMEsxile

Why should the Ostheer sniper snipe faster and have better camo?

Because Ostheer is fighting 6 men squads? It needs to kill 3-4 models before the enemy squad must retreat, while Soviet sniper only has to kill 2 models to force a retreat for Ostheer squads.

I really like the idea for snipers (imo ALL snipers should) to do solid damage-over-time instead of one-shotting models, supplementing regular infantry squads. They could become a lot cheaper and get more of a supporting role instead of a dominating one like now. Would be very interesting to test this.
21 May 2018, 09:26 AM

Because Ostheer is fighting 6 men squads? It needs to kill 3-4 models before the enemy squad must retreat, while Soviet sniper only has to kill 2 models to force a retreat for Ostheer squads.

Soviet sniper should have better RoF than Ost one because it fights 5 man Volks, while Ost sniper fights 4 man Tommies. :ph34r:
21 May 2018, 09:36 AM

And what about Soviet sniper being locked into a dedicated tier, no mortar, no HMG to support it. What about Oshteer not needing to invest fuel into atnade to protect the sniper from a lv rush, what about grenadier having far more long range dps than cons and having a quick access to lmg. What about Oshteer having superior lv to counter the sniper and the Soviet counter sniper (M3).

Soviet sniper is now completely worst than the Oshteer one just because Soviet has 6 men squad but with zero regards about faction balance.
21 May 2018, 10:30 AM

Bring the two model soviet sniper team BACK. Actually do bother to make the counters against it, instead of these lazy copycat solutions, with everything becoming the same in the end.
21 May 2018, 11:29 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 May 2018, 09:36 AMEsxile

And what about Soviet sniper being locked into a dedicated tier, no mortar, no HMG to support it. What about Oshteer not needing to invest fuel into atnade to protect the sniper from a lv rush, what about grenadier having far more long range dps than cons and having a quick access to lmg. What about Oshteer having superior lv to counter the sniper and the Soviet counter sniper (M3).

Soviet sniper is now completely worst than the Oshteer one just because Soviet has 6 men squad but with zero regards about faction balance.

Good post. But hey, it´s Ostheer. So it´s totally ok.
21 May 2018, 13:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 May 2018, 08:26 AMEsxile

stuff

Try to actually reply to my questions, instead of going on a tanget about faction differences which have absolutly nothing to do with the overall sniper balance.

Ost sniper is 1 man, Brit sniper is 1 man, so why should the sov sniper break this rule?
21 May 2018, 13:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 May 2018, 13:10 PMzarok47

Try to actually reply to my questions, instead of going on a tanget about faction differences which have absolutly nothing to do with the overall sniper balance.

Ost sniper is 1 man, Brit sniper is 1 man, so why should the sov sniper break this rule?

He just pointed out that different factions have different perks. Yet only Allied perks get "balanced" while broken Ost stuff remains for no apparent reason.

According to your logic every faction needs to be exactly the same because why "break this rule?"...

21 May 2018, 13:57 PM

He just pointed out that different factions have different perks. Yet only Allied perks get "balanced" while broken Ost stuff remains for no apparent reason.

According to your logic every faction needs to be exactly the same because why "break this rule?"...

Brits are allied. Brit have 1 man sniper. As i said in the previous post so I really should not need to explain that.
Next part is so wrong I won't touch it, followed by a typical strawman and hyperbole.

Sigh.
21 May 2018, 14:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 May 2018, 13:10 PMzarok47

Faction differences are all about balance.
21 May 2018, 14:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 May 2018, 13:57 PMzarok47

Brits are allied. Brit have 1 man sniper. As i said in the previous post so I really should not need to explain that.
Next part is so wrong I won't touch it, followed by a typical strawman and hyperbole.

Sigh.

And the brit sniper gets a critical VS Armour and can call in arty and gets a target size reduction of. 33 with vet and t0 MG support. It's designed to be special despite being 1 man. The Soviet sniper is literally a worse OST sniper right now. That's the problem.
21 May 2018, 14:45 PM

Quote not edit....
21 May 2018, 17:00 PM

edit: didn't realize someone already covered my main point. Oh well.

I'd rather the snipers be replaced outright with a scout/recon type unit that can upgrade to provide aerial recon/smoke/arty similar to something like I&R pathfinders or USF major.

Wouldn't need to be as much, could be something like big view range (active toggle similar to t-70) + rifle flare + mine or around that area. Just a tactical support unit that isn't a ranged MP bleeder.

21 May 2018, 17:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 May 2018, 14:14 PMEsxile

Faction differences are all about balance.

Yep, not at all what i said (overall sniper balance) but I know you will do anything to not answer my questions.

And the brit sniper gets a critical VS Armour and can call in arty and gets a target size reduction of. 33 with vet and t0 MG support. It's designed to be special despite being 1 man. The Soviet sniper is literally a worse OST sniper right now. That's the problem.

Then argue about that, not why the sov sniper should stay at broken 2 man (flare anyone?).
21 May 2018, 18:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 May 2018, 17:02 PMzarok47

Yep, not at all what i said (overall sniper balance) but I know you will do anything to not answer my questions.

Then argue about that, not why the sov sniper should stay at broken 2 man (flare anyone?).

You are the only one talking about a rule that say every sniper should be 1 man squad. I can understand this as a concept but definively not a rule, otherwise why USF doesn't have one? Some factions have 1 man sniper squad, some faction 2 men and some faction not even anything close to sniper.

There is no rules in sniper concept to be superior to balance rule. Is the Soviet sniper balanced at the moment? not. And I'm not even talking about 1 or 2 men squad, I'm not against soviet sniper 1 men squad in fact. What I am against is a soviet sniper inferior in any points to Ostheer's one for the sake of satifying Axis fanboys. Because as I stated before, looking into sniper balance only from the number of Cons model vs Ostheer model is not balance, because it hides all the rest of factions design.
21 May 2018, 18:08 PM

lmao 43 to 38 votes, that's what I call polarizing
21 May 2018, 18:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 May 2018, 18:01 PMEsxile

I'm not against soviet sniper 1 men squad in fact.

Then stop argueing against me.

I couldn't care less about the rest of your "reasons".
21 May 2018, 22:15 PM

I'm arguing that the balance decision was poorly implemented that y out can't just slash a model and make it a worse clone and call it a day
It's literally the same as the OST but with a worse vet 1 and worse 2 and 3 because they are percentage based on worse STATS. BUT the sniper is also over performing BECAUSE ost STILL has 4 man squads and shoots faster. Yay it can be counter sniped but it's still bending balance AND being an uninspired unit at the same time.
Its a total cock up
22 May 2018, 06:22 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 May 2018, 18:36 PMzarok47

Then stop argueing against me.

I couldn't care less about the rest of your "reasons".

How rude... <444>_<444>
22 May 2018, 15:59 PM

Flare isnt that ability to make or break the sniper, maybe return its powerful counter sniping ability by revealing invis units? Then Sov sniper will have a obvious role like the other 2 while having that powerful vet 1 ability

Still anything it better then the ridiculous 2 man sniper that was unkillable unless u got a lucky mortar hit.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 51
unknown 25
Germany 16
unknown 3
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L