Login

russian armor

The problem with the new approach in SBP

18 May 2018, 15:28 PM

In the SBP preview there was actually no preview, 1 set of changes was announced and something different implemented. Prime example of this is the SU-76M.

Announced changes:

Implemented:

Notice that the direction is completely changed instead of change in penetration the ROF is reduced, and then we have the mess with barrage.

Note also the one of the main issues of the unit as probably agreed by the majority of the community the very low XP value is not addressed.

The change to reload will make little difference since the unit is still spam able and with vet bonuses the unit becomes extremely cost effective.

In addition the changes to barrage make the units even more OP than before. While most mortars are nerfed this unit can fire 2 shell more than the zis gun (total 6), self-spot with tracking and with vet have -25% barrage CD, 100 damage to barrage, +11.1 range having one of barrage with big kill radius and one the longest range, while being mobile.

I would suggest that Relic starts publishing though on balance issue before they decide, so that mistakes and error like this one can be avoided.

I would also suggest that XP value, XP bonuses vet ability are looked at and that balance is not just considered in vet 0 basis. Su-76 clearly demonstrate that units can become unbalanced with vet bonuses.
18 May 2018, 16:26 PM

I really fail to see how the Barrage change makes the unit more OP than before.

Assuming Vet 2 damage bonus applies to Barrage then it's still doing less damage than the old free barrage (albeit more accurate and with better AoE). I have yet to see one person say that the current Zis Barrage is OP and I don't think placing it on tracks will put it over the top into OP territory. At best it's a lateral move where it gets a better barrage that actually costs something now. If a Sov player wants to blow all their munitions spamming it then so be it - less Mines and off-maps to deal with. It means barrage becomes a tactical choice instead of a no-brainer "No tanks around? Barrage anything because it's free and canceling it means nothing to me!"

Bottom line is SU-76 still got nerfed while retaining its current weaknesses of paper armor and shit moving accuracy. It's going to be performing worse vs. armor regardless so why quibble about how it was/should have been nerfed?
18 May 2018, 16:34 PM

I really fail to see how the Barrage change makes the unit more OP than before.

Assuming Vet 2 damage bonus applies to Barrage then it's still doing less damage than the old free barrage (albeit more accurate and with better AoE). I have yet to see one person say that the current Zis Barrage is OP and I don't think placing it on tracks will put it over the top into OP territory. At best it's a lateral move where it gets a better barrage that actually costs something now. If a Sov player wants to blow all their munitions spamming it then so be it - less Mines and off-maps to deal with. It means barrage becomes a tactical choice instead of a no-brainer "No tanks around? Barrage anything because it's free and canceling it means nothing to me!"

Bottom line is SU-76 still got nerfed while retaining its current weaknesses of paper armor and shit moving accuracy. It's going to be performing worse vs. armor regardless so why quibble about how it was/should have been nerfed?

Read the AOE changes in the spoilers:
Currently most mortars have a near radius of 0.85 while Su-76 has near radius of 1.5 while increasing kill radius by 20% vet 2 while it has a range of 100+. Compared to zis Su-76 get 2 more round damage 100 instead of 80 and more range, it is superior.

The reload nerf vs tanks will not make a significant change if the unit is spammed.

Bottom line is that is has ridiculous low XP value and it it is still very cost effective if spammed, since it gets very strong vet bonuses.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS