russian armor

My greatest fear for COH 2

• This thread is locked
PAGES (3)down
18 May 2018, 11:22 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 May 2018, 10:16 AMKatitof
Historical accuracy:

Allies won the war.

what a troll, how is this relevant to the discussion? Do Coh2 matches represent the entire war? Did any faction won every single battle in WW2? Any game can be realistic, even if it is cowboys vs aliens, you just have to be creative.
18 May 2018, 11:23 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 May 2018, 11:10 AMA_E

USF should just encounter staunch Wehrmacht resistance bunker down and wait for the airforce and artillery to turn them into glass.

Wehrmacht should have severe fuel shortages at all times, and have to wait for horse drawn carts to bring the oil to their panzers.

4-5 T-34s and Shermans for every German panzer. USF constantly having CAS flying overhead. Soviets being able to field 200 popcap. ISUs blowing turrets off German tanks with purely the kenetic power of their HE shells. And the list goes on.

But no Panzerkampf is right, let's only pick a select amount of beneficial historical facts and ignore all the others.

jump backJump back to quoted post18 May 2018, 11:17 AMWiking

Does that word triggers you, Wehraboo?

No, because that is not a word. Until you rabid allied fanboys show me a dictionary where that appears in, I do not consider it a word.

So no, it does not trigger me. I am a bit upset that it is used to discriminate against Axis players.

Grow the fuck up.
A_E
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

Not 100% percent but some facts in the game are historically accurate. Like the Axis tanks being better than the Allied counterparts, the Tiger tanks being very powerfull, all the weapons, vehicles and tanks are those used in WW2.

How is it not historically accurate? Please explain.

:clap::rolleyes::banana::thumbsup:

Axis tanks were great yes:

• Most heavy German tanks having terrible power/ weight ratios and drive train giving crippling reliablity issues.
  • spending 6 hours removing overlapping road wheels
  • a tiger costing 1Million Reich Marks and 5 days to build when equivalent Soviet tank costing only 10 thousand and 1 day to build.
  • being driven by untrained teenagers and old men by 1945
  • One of the first tigers fielded getting taken out by a 40mm Matilda 2 in North Afika (tank combat is RNG)
  • KV1 being utterly uncounterable by anything Wehrmacht had in 1941-42
  • StuGs accounting for the majority of Wehrmacht tank kills by an AFV
  • More Panthers breaking down during Citadel than actually working
  • Not being suited for the logistics of Russia or North Afrika

Other than:

• having radios
  • a 3 man turret
  • better optics
  • Great suspension and turret basket layouts.

German tanks were actually outclassed in most regards during most stages of the war by their Allied rivals.

Only in Northern France in both regards 1940 and 1944 was there a significant tank vs tank technology advantage for the Germans. In Russia it could be argued the Soviets had a tank design advantage in 1941 and a material and design advantage 1943 onward. Tank design is more than just armour and penetration of main armament.
18 May 2018, 11:24 AM

No, because that is not a word. Until you rabid allied fanboys show me a dictionary where that appears in, I do not consider it a word.

So no, it does not trigger me. I am a bit upset that it is used to discriminate against Axis players.

Grow the fuck up.

Since you do not specify which dictionary, but a dictionary, as in any dictionary, here, have a look at this one:

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Wehraboo
18 May 2018, 11:27 AM

Since you do not specify which dictionary, but a dictionary, as in any dictionary, here, have a look at this one:

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Wehraboo

Hahahahah. That is not a legit dictionary. Show me your precious non existent word in the Cambridge or Oxford english dictionaries.

Yeah I thought so.
18 May 2018, 11:28 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 May 2018, 11:23 AMA_E

:clap::rolleyes::banana::thumbsup:

Axis tanks were great yes:

• Most heavy German tanks having terrible power/ weight ratios and drive train giving crippling reliablity issues.
  • spending 6 hours removing overlapping road wheels
  • a tiger costing 1Million Reich Marks and 5 days to build when equivalent Soviet tank costing only 10 thousand and 1 day to build.
  • being driven by untrained teenagers and old men by 1944
  • One of the first tigers fielded getting taken out by a 40mm Matilda 2 in North Afika (tank combat is RNG)
  • Most heavy german tanks having terrible power/ weight ratios and drive train giving crippling reliablity issues.
  • KV1 being utterly uncounterable by anything Wehrmacht had in 1941-42
  • StuGs accounting for the majority of Wehrmacht tank kills by an AFV
  • More Panthers breaking down during Citadel than actually working
  • Not being suited for the logistics of Russia or North Afrika

Other than:

• having radios
  • a 3 man turret
  • better optics
  • Great suspension and turret basket layouts.

German tanks were actually outclassed in most regards during most stages of the war by their Allied rivals.

Only in Northern France in both regards 1940 and 1944 was there a significant tank vs tank technology advantage for the Germans. In Russia it could be argued the Soviets had a tank design advantage in 1941 and a material and design advantage 1943 onward. Tank design is more than just armour and penetration of main armament.

Nice propaganda.
18 May 2018, 11:29 AM

Hahahahah. That is not a legit dictionary. Show me your precious non existent word in the Cambridge or Oxford english dictionaries.

Yeah I thought so.

Wehraboo uses British based dictionaries as source, then blames propaganda if things don't go the way he wants it. :clap: :clap:
18 May 2018, 11:29 AM

Not 100% percent but some facts in the game are historically accurate. Like the Axis tanks being better than the Allied counterparts, the Tiger tanks being very powerfull, all the weapons, vehicles and tanks are those used in WW2.

How is it not historically accurate? Please explain.

Health bars. Tiny combat ranges. Squad sizes. Standing in the open in front of a machine gun and surviving for more than a few seconds. Paradropping into the middle of a battle. OKW invisibility cloaks. Several people standing at point blank firing at each over and the fight lasting more than a few seconds. Throwing a grenade at your feet and not getting killed by it because it's your grenade. Password protected building doors. Engineers conjuring giant anti-tank emplacements from the dust. Tanks conjuring armour skirts. Infantry only being able to see 35 metres in front of them.

If you want a strategy game that's going for realism and historical accuracy look at Steel Division. CoH 2 is a Relic RTS first and foremost. The WW2 theme is just that. A theme.
18 May 2018, 11:30 AM

Wehraboo uses British based dictionaries as source, then blames propaganda if things don't go the way he wants it. :clap: :clap:

Not a legit word. Deal with it.
18 May 2018, 11:31 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 May 2018, 11:29 AMLago

Health bars. Tiny combat ranges. Squad sizes. Standing in the open in front of a machine gun and surviving for more than a few seconds. Paradropping into the middle of a battle. OKW invisibility cloaks. Several people standing at point blank firing at each over and the fight lasting more than a few seconds. Throwing a grenade at your feet and not getting killed by it because it's your grenade. Password protected building doors. Engineers conjuring giant anti-tank emplacements from the dust. Tanks conjuring armour skirts. Infantry only being able to see 35 metres in front of them.

If you want a strategy game that's going for realism and historical accuracy look at Steel Division. CoH 2 is a Relic RTS first and foremost. The WW2 theme is just that. A theme.

You missed the whole point of the thread. Congratulations.
18 May 2018, 11:31 AM

Not a legit word. Deal with it.

Well, we could call it alt-right if you really prefer that; but it still encompasses the same thing. But that's a can of worms that is best kept close.
18 May 2018, 11:33 AM

Well, we could call it alt-right if you really prefer that; but it still encompasses the same thing.

Can you post something on topic without the need to insult and discriminate Axis players?

This forum is unbelievable. Full of rabid allied jerks.
18 May 2018, 11:34 AM

You may head to other forums then. Nothing stops you from choosing the community that suits your views best.
18 May 2018, 11:37 AM

You may head to other forums then. Nothing stops you from choosing the community that suits your views best.

It's just sad mate, this forum should be for all coh 2 players regardless of faction. Yet you jerks have a huge problem with players who favor Axis above all other factions.

Grow up. Get off your high horse.
18 May 2018, 11:38 AM
Patrion 14

This is how a game should be designed:

balance > gameplay >>> historical accuracy

A fun game like coh2 is inspired by history, not balanced by it.

Removing historical accuracy to benefit balance is perfectly fine by me.

Edit 1: Read more of the contents of this thread and immediately regret having ever posted in it. Why isn't there an option to delete my post?

Edit 2:
:help: (I fell for the promise of candy in the van, but there is no candy in here) :help:
18 May 2018, 11:40 AM

If somebody should have got off the horse, it was german supply system in the era of mechanized warfare
18 May 2018, 11:42 AM

Can you post something on topic without the need to insult and discriminate Axis players?

This forum is unbelievable. Full of rabid allied jerks.

We had one of those once. He got the same treatment you're getting.

This forum is full of people who see CoH 2 as first and foremost a game and who want it to be balanced, strategically diverse and competitively engaging.

Anyone who sees balance as a competition between "their" faction and the others isn't taken seriously here.
18 May 2018, 11:43 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 May 2018, 11:40 AMWiking
If somebody should have got off the horse, it was german supply system in the era of mechanized warfare

Germany would dominate any WW 2 faction in 1v1 so cry me a river.
18 May 2018, 11:44 AM

I think this thread has had its run, and feels more toxic than any 4on4 chat when axis/allies go full nuts.

It should just be put to rest by some mod.

PAGES (3)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS