Login

russian armor

Battlefield V WW2 - Reveal on May 23rd. Official.

31 May 2018, 05:38 AM

I don't think it has much to do with PC culture and more to do with the business model. They are trying to copy the RB6/Fortnite route of free DLC with a shit ton of paid cosmetics. Somewhere along the lines they made a business decision to offer a ton of character customization, it makes sense that a girl gamer will be more willing to spend money customizing female characters. If they did your idea of including diversity by using the appropriate battles, they would have to sacrifice including more interesting battles. Plus if I was a girl and I paid a lot of money to pimp out my girl character and I could only use her fighting for the French resistance on 1-2 maps, that would be a bad deal. The trailer focused so hard on the prosthetic arm, and the goggles, and the face paint, and the horse statue, etc. because the trailer was 30% teasing gameplay and 70% teasing custom characters.

If they ruin history in the campaign then get your pitchforks, but this seems like the new normal for multiplayer in big titles. Ironically I think capitalism did what the radical SJWs couldn't, but on the bright side we aren't going to have any more paid map packs.

I agree, it would have been nice to see in the trailer a more historic view such as french resistance or red army but its not that big of a deal and people are blowing it way out of proportion saying things like how it the trailer disrespects veterans and people who fought in ww2, which I find ridiculous.

jump backJump back to quoted post24 May 2018, 17:46 PMTobis

Well, I think it's the opposite really. They show off stuff like throwing back grenades, crawling on back, towing stuff with vehicles, the stupid cosmetic stuff, rocket strikes, driving a tank through buildings, etc etc. Just try to throw in as much shit as possible because they add all this stuff.

That jackfrags video has some insider info that talks about alot of that stuff. Rewatching that trailer showed alot more than I thought that was just scripted events the first time.

I thought the same, a trailer honestly should just establish basic setting and game details but in this trailer they tried to fit a ton of new features into a short time, which made the trailer an absolutely jarring experience. It would have been better if they had done a more cinematic trailer and left all the new details to be reveled in press conferences.
31 May 2018, 16:56 PM

SEGA must be pretty curious how another WW2 title like BFV goes down sales wise. Different genre of course but if the market is there I would imagine some pretty hefty support...

They already banked on the rather niche warhammer audience but seems like they got things the wrong way round, they could have made a lot more money from CoH2 support rather than shipping out DoW3 only to drop all DoW support after release. Then there's the costs of them importing and cancelling contracts of the devs that wanted DoW to be a MOBA, so much wasted dev time. The game was that bad of a mess that they didn't even give it the barebones patches CoH got over the first couple of years.

Total disaster game production and marketing when you already have a succesful title on your hands just asking to be expanded on. (lets be honest here CoH2 could be in the 20-30k's if SEGA paid more attention to it, rather than being second fiddle to DoW and relic being understaffed in recent years).
1 Jun 2018, 21:05 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

4 Jun 2018, 16:58 PM

SEGA must be pretty curious how another WW2 title like BFV goes down sales wise. Different genre of course but if the market is there I would imagine some pretty hefty support...

They already banked on the rather niche warhammer audience but seems like they got things the wrong way round, they could have made a lot more money from CoH2 support rather than shipping out DoW3 only to drop all DoW support after release. Then there's the costs of them importing and cancelling contracts of the devs that wanted DoW to be a MOBA, so much wasted dev time. The game was that bad of a mess that they didn't even give it the barebones patches CoH got over the first couple of years.

Total disaster game production and marketing when you already have a succesful title on your hands just asking to be expanded on. (lets be honest here CoH2 could be in the 20-30k's if SEGA paid more attention to it, rather than being second fiddle to DoW and relic being understaffed in recent years).

============
- DOTA2 was such a spectacular success and related to RTS (through it's origins in WC3) that
they figured they'd do an experiment. First DOW, and then DOW would have gone the DOTA2 hybrid
route (just more expensive, and with way less diversity and options).

If it were to fail, I'm glad it happened to DOW, and not COH.
Can you imagine if they'd killed off COH? Shudders.

- Also, they'd LOVE to port the DOW/COH into consoles. $$$ But how to do so is unclear at present.

Cross fingers.

However, Sega supports Endless Space 2 which I *ABSOLUTELY LOVE*
26 Jun 2018, 23:25 PM
28 Jun 2018, 18:07 PM

* Origin - Battlefield V Closed Beta - Official *
https://www.vg247.com/2018/06/27/battlefield-5-closed-alpha-start-times-how-to-get-in-more/
DICE said participants in the Battlefield 5 closed Alpha are free to share footage of their sessions.
There will be no NDA to sign. In other words: go nuts.
28 Jun 2018, 18:32 PM

DrDisrespect is playing the game right now...

It looks just like BF1 ... who is gonna buy this?? lol
10 Aug 2018, 15:52 PM

16 Aug 2018, 14:40 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

@Dice/EA: Use the fu****g BF 1942 music next time :megusta:
That would be the last element for a hype trailer :D
23 Aug 2018, 13:35 PM

Overall, it seems like it'll be more of a Battlefield Heroes :/
Not "WW2 BF" and more of a "Clowns in WW2 BF" :(

Also, only 2 maps? Really?!
Only 2 factions? Ouch.

Esp since you keep the same character/uniform if you play Axis or British.

Tiger in 1940 ?
Churchill in 1940 ?

SturmTiger and long barrel Pz4 in 1940 ?
STG44, G43 in 1940 ?

In some ways, it reminds me of Call of Duty : World at War
Call of Duty : WW2 also doesn't care what side you play weapon-wise.
23 Aug 2018, 13:40 PM

Sega lost out all their core players when they did DOW3. Trying to capture the DOTA2 crowd.

I fear they'll lose all the WW2 enthusiasts trying to appeal to the Battlefield Heroes crowd.

"Wants to appeal to more people"
"Loses out on the hordes of passionnate WW2 players"

Also, no point in BUYING the game. Just get the 1 year EA "play all games"
for ~100$ and you get BFV *AND* all the EA games. With all DLC.
23 Aug 2018, 13:42 PM

Trying to make Battlefield 1942 B
into Fortnight Battle Royale / Battlefield Heroes...

Hmmm...
23 Aug 2018, 13:44 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

How do you come to all these conclusions you are spitting out here?
23 Aug 2018, 15:26 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

Overall, it seems like it'll be more of a Battlefield Heroes :/
Not "WW2 BF" and more of a "Clowns in WW2 BF" :(

Also, only 2 maps? Really?!
Only 2 factions? Ouch.

Esp since you keep the same character/uniform if you play Axis or British.

Tiger in 1940 ?
Churchill in 1940 ?

SturmTiger and long barrel Pz4 in 1940 ?
STG44, G43 in 1940 ?

In some ways, it reminds me of Call of Duty : World at War
Call of Duty : WW2 also doesn't care what side you play weapon-wise.

I played some rounds at Gamescom and i cant see any BF Heroes/Clown gameplay in BF V. To be honest i have the feeling that the game is way slower compared to CoD and/or BF1.
For the weapons it is the same story.
StG44 at BF1942 El Alamein? That is a stupide argument. Sure. There was no Tiger and Churchill in 1940 (Or a Churchill gun carrier at all :P) but there was no ground battle in Rotterdam too. It is a mp game to entertain players. BF is not a simulation.
So there is no side restriction to enforce the weapons pool and to limit balancing. There are Czech weapons, prototypes and fictional attachments (red dot scope, ect ect). And i think we will see way more weapons and equipment in BF V like italian and/or japanese guns and vehicles.
Another aspect is the map pool: Sure. We have seen only two maps so far but the Gamescom trailer had already shown a potential Africa themed map. To be honest i dont think we wont see only 2 maps when the game will be released. I would guess that BF V map pool will be around the size of the BF1 launch pool.

Sure. I had played BF V for ~40min at Gamescom so it is no "the best" position for a highly qualified analysis/comment but i think BF V could be a good/solide BF game. I think everything you need is already part of the release version. At the end the fate of BF V will be decided by the amount of content and content release time table.
Furthermore those criticism about the weapon arsenal, the skin pool (female soldiers - oh my good. It is a video game and not a war simulation) and map pool is misleading. BF wasnt a war simulation. It is a action based online multiplayer shooter. BF V must deliver those aspects first.
23 Aug 2018, 16:19 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I'm moderately hyped now for the game after the recent trailer.

The lack of realism and all the cosmetic stuff is a bit disappointing, but it's really not that big a deal. They did away with alot of the stuff from bf1 that I didn't really like. Gameplay-wise the game looks fantastic. Plenty of good changes.

I just want to pew pew people with an mp40 and scoped garand, man.

23 Aug 2018, 16:54 PM

infantry moves too fast. sun-size big red circles above enemies heads take away challenge, joy from the graphics and realism.

if they screw up hardcore mode as well again, im done anyway
23 Aug 2018, 18:45 PM

How do you come to all these conclusions you are spitting out here?

I think a lot stemmed from EA lashing out at consumers calling them 'uneducated' and telling them not to buy the game if they don't accept diversity in their game.

https://www.theverge.com/2018/6/12/17453728/ea-women-in-battlefield-v-backlash-response

According to analysts from CNBC the game is setting up for failure. Pre-sales are down 85% to previous titles and competitive titles where the gap was usually 20-40%.

https://www.vgr.com/battlefield-serious-disappointment/

23 Aug 2018, 18:59 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Aug 2018, 18:45 PMGdot

I think a lot stemmed from EA lashing out at consumers calling them 'uneducated' and telling them not to buy the game if they don't accept diversity in their game.

https://www.theverge.com/2018/6/12/17453728/ea-women-in-battlefield-v-backlash-response

According to analysts from CNBC the game is setting up for failure. Pre-sales are down 85% to previous titles and competitive titles where the gap was usually 20-40%.

https://www.vgr.com/battlefield-serious-disappointment/

Wow I still can't believe that this is such an enormus problem. In my opinion all these idiots complaining about customization because you can choose different races or some shit are just as fucking stupid as the opposite e.g. hardcore feminists and shit. If you don't want to play a black man just don't do it lul
23 Aug 2018, 19:17 PM

Wow I still can't believe that this is such an enormus problem. In my opinion all these idiots complaining about customization because you can choose different races or some shit are just as fucking stupid as the opposite e.g. hardcore feminists and shit. If you don't want to play a black man just don't do it lul

I think its more about being force fed diversity/gender justice people are upset about. When a company takes a stance on the issue and calls people who don't agree with their policy 'uneducated' you will certainly piss some people off but back to the point. The majority of gamers are white males. You wouldn't expect Black magazine to force feed pictures of white people into their publication for the sake of diversity. It would be a dumb business move considering their target demographic is black people. A CEO's job is to ensure a profitable product, not change society.
23 Aug 2018, 21:32 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Aug 2018, 19:17 PMGdot

I think its more about being force fed diversity/gender justice people are upset about. When a company takes a stance on the issue and calls people who don't agree with their policy 'uneducated' you will certainly piss some people off but back to the point. The majority of gamers are white males. You wouldn't expect Black magazine to force feed pictures of white people into their publication for the sake of diversity. It would be a dumb business move considering their target demographic is black people. A CEO's job is to ensure a profitable product, not change society.

Yeah you are right there. Personally it's not an issue for me because I simply don't care but I can understand where people are coming from on this one
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 0

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight