Login

russian armor

Firefly and Jackson are too good

15 May 2018, 08:12 AM

Firefly and Jackson TDs are too good. Don't the Germans have any tank destroyer with the same range as these tanks?

I'm all for historical accuracy but maybe Germans need a tank destroyer with long range? Is the Elephant such a tank?
15 May 2018, 08:17 AM

One word. Stug.
15 May 2018, 08:33 AM

One word. Stug.

Are you joking? Stug is shit compared to Firefly and Jackson, IT does not have the same range and it gets rekt in a direct 1v1.
15 May 2018, 08:39 AM

Are you joking? Stug is shit compared to Firefly and Jackson, IT does not have the same range and it gets rekt in a direct 1v1.

How exactly does Firefly 8 second reload beat a 4 second reload Stug? Lets not include the fact stug costs 90 fuel
15 May 2018, 11:28 AM

15 May 2018, 12:14 PM

How exactly does Firefly 8 second reload beat a 4 second reload Stug? Lets not include the fact stug costs 90 fuel

Firefly hits harder and from a longer range.
15 May 2018, 12:17 PM

Firefly hits harder and from a longer range.

Stug needs 12 seconds to kill firefly.
Firefly needs 16.

Assuming all shots connect.

Firefly also costs almost twice as much as stug.
15 May 2018, 12:25 PM

@Katidoof

a FF can "oneshot" a STUG in few sec. hit with the first shot > tulips > shot > down. stug would maybe hit one time.

and you forget a stug must come in its own range to make dmg..wich is so less..any pak would destroy the stug. and stugs have no turrent, no cheap commander, and less accurracy
15 May 2018, 12:35 PM

How about the following tank?

Jagdtiger Panzerjäger Tiger Ausf. B
15 May 2018, 12:43 PM

How about the following tank?

Jagdtiger Panzerjäger Tiger Ausf. B

It's doctrinal, it costs alot and it's too slow.
15 May 2018, 12:59 PM

It's doctrinal, it costs alot and it's too slow.

But it compensates the high cost with efficiency.
15 May 2018, 13:19 PM

@Katidoof

a FF can "oneshot" a STUG in few sec. hit with the first shot > tulips > shot > down. stug would maybe hit one time.

and you forget a stug must come in its own range to make dmg..wich is so less..any pak would destroy the stug. and stugs have no turrent, no cheap commander, and less accurracy

I love how you always find the perfect strawman scenario to fit your point of view. Sure, the Firefly has to spend munitions, land the skillshot, is perfectly supported by 6 pounders, and is in a situation to fully utilize it's range with sight. Sure it's always a slam dunk for the Firefly. It's not like you are never on a more cramped map, StuGs never use Target Weak Point, and OST doesn't have PAKs.
15 May 2018, 13:28 PM

I love how you always find the perfect strawman scenario to fit your point of view. Sure, the Firefly has to spend munitions, land the skillshot, is perfectly supported by 6 pounders, and is in a situation to fully utilize it's range with sight. Sure it's always a slam dunk for the Firefly. It's not like you are never on a more cramped map, StuGs never use Target Weak Point, and OST doesn't have PAKs.

in my szeanrio it will be a vet 0 FF and vet 0 stug.

the player have enough muni to use abilitys from cars. No paks no else more.

FF will win in few sec. i dont know what do u mean...i guess you interpreted more than there is.
15 May 2018, 13:40 PM

in my szeanrio it will be a vet 0 FF and vet 0 stug.

the player have enough muni to use abilitys from cars. No paks no else more.

FF will win in few sec. i dont know what do u mean...i guess you interpreted more than there is.

In a reasonable scenario, there is 2 stugs for one FF. Even if the FF has Tulip, it lose. End of the scenario.
15 May 2018, 13:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 May 2018, 13:40 PMEsxile

In a reasonable scenario, there is 2 stugs for one FF. Even if the FF has Tulip, it lose. End of the scenario.

in a resonabale szeanrio ther would be more than that...a 6pdr, piats, sniper, aec, etc....

the aec would stunshot one stug, outmanourver the other and kill it and than kill the other stug...and would dmg a p4 to half health
15 May 2018, 13:50 PM

Firefly and Jackson TDs are too good. Don't the Germans have any tank destroyer with the same range as these tanks?

I'm all for historical accuracy but maybe Germans need a tank destroyer with long range? Is the Elephant such a tank?

Nothing to see here guys, just the usual 4 digit rank "one side only" type of player who doesn't know shit about the game and wants to blame his shit stats and losses vs rank 5000 players on "balance issues" that are no balance issues.

L2p
15 May 2018, 13:52 PM

in a resonabale szeanrio ther would be more than that...a 6pdr, piats, sniper, aec, etc....

the aec would stunshot one stug, outmanourver the other and kill it and than kill the other stug...and would dmg a p4 to half health

And where are PAKs and Grenadiers with Fausts to cover the StuGs from getting circle stafed by AEC? Isn't that reasonable? Either way, the fact that a TD that costs 50 fuel more has to use over 100 munitions to beat a StuG assuming both are in a straight up duel firing at each other says all it needs to.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★