Login

russian armor

Tier 4 worth it?

9 May 2018, 14:30 PM

Does T4 worth at all?

I was wondering if, for example, Tiger + Stugs or Elefant + Stugs is better than going for panthers. I mean, the cost for teching and developing a Panther is ultra high, not only in resources but time too (tier + building + unit).

Usually allies late game is fullfilled with heavy tanks but Wehrmacht only gets Elefant or Tiger.

The only units I can think of are Panzerwerfer or Sturmpanzer to counter blobs, but we have options like stukas strikes, MGs and artillery to counter that.

Can you tell me how do you usually tier-develop OST for 1v1, 2v2, 3v3 and 4v4?
9 May 2018, 15:12 PM

What game mode are you looking for information about? 1v1 and team games kind of differ on how feasible Tier 4 is. For example in the UTT you saw a lot of 2v2 teams that rushed for a fast Panzerwerfer but you'd never do that in a 1v1.
9 May 2018, 16:57 PM

I´m looking that information for every game mode: 1v1, 2v2, 3v3 and 4v4 (I think 3v3 and 4v4 are pretty much the same).
9 May 2018, 21:27 PM
Donator 11

In team games T4 is definitely valid choice. It gets strong AI both in a form of artillery and sturmpanzer. That said, stug is still more cost efficient than panther, so you need T3 for building up your AT.

In 1v1s it works similarly, although most games last too short for that tech choice to be worth it. You also often need to get p4 or ostwind early to fight infantry. That is why many players stop on T3. Still, in longer matches or if your opponent insists on using team weapons, going T4 can be beneficial in 1v1.
19 Jul 2018, 18:04 PM

Panther is not meant to be sole AT, that's why it's expensive and has a slow rate of fire. It's supposed to add resilience, mobility and chase factor to a pak wall.
20 Jul 2018, 06:46 AM

OST Heer is a crutch faction with several units to lean on that require minimal micro at every stage of the game. T4 is completely optional for this faction as its T3 units mostly out class the standard T3 units of other factions. Although your Panzer 4 and STUG III are already superior to the M4A3, Cromwell and T34/76,and the STUG in particular preforms well even against British heavy armor, you are provided with high speed, heavily armored tank killers in the form of Panther tanks should you lose your medium armor to Allied units. You are also provided with a heavily armored infantry killing unit in the form of the Brumbar.

While other factions depend on teching up for survival, OST Heer's T4 is optional.
20 Jul 2018, 09:16 AM

It's dependent on what you're up against. It only costs 200MP 50FU to tech now (same as Hammer/Anvil for UKF) so if your T3 is being outclassed you've got the T4 option.
20 Jul 2018, 09:49 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jul 2018, 06:46 AMCODGUY
While other factions depend on teching up for survival...

Except for soviets, spec ops OKW, and heavy cav USF.
20 Jul 2018, 13:08 PM

Except for soviets, spec ops OKW, and heavy cav USF.

Notice how those are doctrinal for the most part?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★