Login

russian armor

GCS2 Rules and Format tweaks

A_E
9 May 2018, 07:09 AM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

As GCS2 sallies forth we are entering a crucial period where players start to prepare for the qualification tournaments.

What is also being refined is the overall format for the competitive side of the tournament, these changes are small but significant and should be noted by all players.

1) Balance patch. The balance patch coming is going to hit soon™ with a refined outlook. It has been assured there will be ample time to learn and #ADAPT to new changes. If the changes are seen to be very large in the scope of 1v1 meta, there may be a warm up tournament to help settle people.

2)Map Changes. In light of player and mapper feedback - Langreskaya is susceptible to large changes and has been removed from the map pool in favour of Kholodny Ferma which is seen as being a much more polished map in its current state.

The map pool is now the same as GCS1 with: Crossroads, Crossing in the Woods, Faymonville Approach and Kholodny Ferma.

3) Smurfing. Although usually there are no tournament issues with players smurfing in automatch to preserve strategic secrecy etc. as long as they are signed up and ranked for the tournament based on their main account...

As GCS2 is using automatch to help inform the seeding process it is only fair that as of today onward no players seeking entry to GCS2 play automatch on a smurf account in the build up to seeding.

This is because it could be seen by some as trying to game the system, even if that is not the intention. Therefore a rule has been added to the Qualification Criteria.

4)Game format to alleviate playing times during qualification events all matches will be best-of-three until the final which will be best-of-five. Previously semi-finals were best-of-five also.

Update as posted on GCS2.ORG
9 May 2018, 09:26 AM
Senior Referee Badge

good changes i agree especially with the maps change
9 May 2018, 15:19 PM

Just out of curiousity: When players pick their factions, will they be able to see the faction of their opponent (--> counter-picking) or will it stay hidden until both sides finished picking their faction (UTT style)?
A_E
9 May 2018, 15:27 PM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

Just out of curiousity: When players pick their factions, will they be able to see the faction of their opponent (--> counter-picking) or will it stay hidden until both sides finished picking their faction (UTT style)?

This is a very good point, I will investigate this.
9 May 2018, 15:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 May 2018, 07:09 AMA_E

1) Balance patch. The balance patch coming is going to hit soon™ with a refined outlook. It has been assured there will be ample time to learn and #ADAPT to new changes.

So SBP is #confirmed then? Any juicy details on what the refined outlook might contain? ... I'm asking for a friend
9 May 2018, 15:46 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

So SBP is #confirmed then? Any juicy details on what the refined outlook might contain? ... I'm asking for a friend

Ofc you ask for a friend and not for your self xD

When the patchnotes are rdy to go, I will update the patch thread.
A_E
9 May 2018, 16:51 PM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

Just out of curiosity: When players pick their factions, will they be able to see the faction of their opponent (--> counter-picking) or will it stay hidden until both sides finished picking their faction (UTT style)?

After the coin toss winner choses map, the coin toss loser's faction pick will be public ala GCS1, trust me it makes the most sense.

I have re-done my simulations and the match faction/map pick methodology and strategy works it is fair to both players.

It requires some 4 dimensional Chess to understand but basically:

You are coin toss loser, your opponent chooses a map first as they are coin toss winner.

You have a preferred strat of how to win on this map with a faction of your choice and don't want your opponent to have the option to directly counter pick. So go with the opposite side Allies/Axis that you favour first and get it out of the way, that way you will assure your preferred match up is not counter picked.

The other iterations of this system which are imo inferior could be:

1) Blind faction picks not public, too random removes the cool counter picking dynamic.

2) Coin toss winner chooses map and faction first. Thus allowing themselves to be counter picked. Too much of a psychological advantage, this player could have an easy win strat as a particular faction on a particular map, winning G1 could lead to a snowball effect so needs balancing.

9 May 2018, 18:10 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

To be clear, this is Kholodney Ferma Summer correct?
A_E
10 May 2018, 15:12 PM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

To be clear, this is Kholodney Ferma Summer correct?
#

Yes!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight