Login

russian armor

small tech change to OKW to fix their healing problem

6 May 2018, 18:41 PM

I don't think relying on creates early game is as bad as you make it to be. Yes, you will throw less granades and fusilier based build is probably not an option. Other than that, okw is pretty low on munition usage compared to other factions so you can spare it.

Okay then.

Let's agree to wait and see how the mechnical truck perform after the luch build time go down to 60s.

6 May 2018, 19:08 PM

1. And crates are also only put in you base, because they are immovable just like a bunker. They are very rarely deployed anywhere else for the same reason OST does not typically build forward bunkers in 1s and 2s. It's extremely inconvinient, inefficient and vulnerable to the enemy. The whole forward healing edvantage people are trying to push here is nonexistent.

UKF's healing is mobile, infinite, does not constantly drain your MU and has an aura. It is significantly better than crates.

2. Yes? That's why I wrote just like brits.

3. No you can't without an exploit. SP drop a stack of 3 crates and you only heal 1 squad per crate. Also, unless you rolled some really nice RNG chances are you are still going to need to reinfocre lost models after retreat most of the time and medics will heal damaged models while they do that. So practically there is very little advantage here uless you want to send out not fully reinforced squads back to the field.

4. As I sad, that's a tradeoff if you got too greedy and pushed the ambo too deep and made it vulnerable. Same goes for every other thing you mentioned including crates. BTW, you can't heal while in combat and you better have at least 3 squads where you placed it, otherwise you are wasting even more MU.

5. What's the argument here? Something being better than terrible doesn't make it good.

6. See №4.

7. Do you even realise that this makes it an even bigger waste of MU in this situation? 30 per squad just to deny it to your enemy? What a bargain.

8. In the first place, you aren't even going to put in MU for healing because you want more grenades for garrison clearing and winning engagements in the early-game.
See, works both ways.

9. Want me to run a test?

11. And then need to backtech for a mere 400MP + 50FU if you don't want to bleed MU like a pig the rest of the game.

The reason why I made the list of pluses in the first place is to show that comparatively, OKW has good options for healing via munitions crate.

For the sake of a more coherent argument, I'm not going to list replies to specific parts of said list.

The whole putting crates forward thing is to allow your troops which have suffered minimal casualties but taken HP damage to not have to retreat in order to get healing. It is entirely situational to use them when put in enemy territory.

And while you like to mention Brit healing capable of allowing you to move while healing, it is the only allied faction that can do that.

You also mentioned USF ambulances are a mobile platform that allows you to reinforce and heal. I've mentioned the fragility of the ambulance and its requirement to stay within the healing radius and the requirement of tommies being in close proximity to the squad(s) they want to heal. I've also taken the liberty of comparing it to the Ost faction's healing options to get a better grasp of how medic crates compare.

If you want to keep comparing other factions' pluses, you need to also look at the negatives.

You overstate the negative effect of having medical supplies stolen- But that is only in part of bad placement (similar to overextending ambos and bunkers).

And no, I wasn't referring to 3 squads per "crate" as in box, but "uses".

You're free to run tests on how much crates would heal.
7 May 2018, 05:41 AM

And next patch on, its not.

Oh I'm sure you would.
Still not going to happen.

I don't know how you can be so sure. We're talking about OKW here, doctrinal HMG to stock, doctrinal Pz4 to stock, camo raketen, STGs to volks, pfaust to volks, Smoke for ISG... flamnade...

In mean, can you imagine brit having a snare on one of their stock troop? No? Me neither, but because it is not OKW.-_-
7 May 2018, 08:06 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 May 2018, 05:41 AMEsxile

I don't know how you can be so sure. We're talking about OKW here, doctrinal HMG to stock, doctrinal Pz4 to stock, camo raketen, STGs to volks, pfaust to volks, Smoke for ISG... flamnade...

In mean, can you imagine brit having a snare on one of their stock troop? No? Me neither, but because it is not OKW.-_-

I am sure of it for one reason - OKW already HAVE healing method that does not require tech - they have all the means to wait it out until battlegroup hq is up and it will be even easier with next patch.

OKW does not deserve any freebies or even more stuff stuffed into T0, they already are the most flexible faction due to not having to commit to any particular tech for HMG or ATG.
7 May 2018, 08:32 AM

I am sure of it for one reason - OKW already HAVE healing method that does not require tech - they have all the means to wait it out until battlegroup hq is up and it will be even easier with next patch.

OKW does not deserve any freebies or even more stuff stuffed into T0, they already are the most flexible faction due to not having to commit to any particular tech for HMG or ATG.

Don't be so sure, healing crate could be transfered from Sturm to the HQ and given for free.
7 May 2018, 08:38 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 May 2018, 08:32 AMEsxile

Don't be so sure, healing crate could be transfered from Sturm to the HQ and given for free.

So... Soviet healing, but for free?

That's uuuuuuuhhh...
7 May 2018, 08:47 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 May 2018, 08:32 AMEsxile

But since they do not plan to permanently remove battlegroup HQ from the game...
7 May 2018, 08:49 AM

But since they do not plan to permanently remove battlegroup HQ from the game...

As part of asymmetrical design, OKW could have both.
7 May 2018, 08:52 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 May 2018, 08:49 AMEsxile

As part of asymmetrical design, OKW could have both.

Except, there still is not a singular valid balance reason for that.
7 May 2018, 09:00 AM

Except, there still is not a singular valid balance reason for that.

Is there any singular valid reason behind the USF mortar? nop. OKW is missing HQ healing that is not tied to a tier building. SP crate system is simply too limited at the moment.
7 May 2018, 09:06 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 May 2018, 09:00 AMEsxile

Is there any singular valid reason behind the USF mortar?

You walked right into this one:

-lack of sniper
-removed smoke from rifles
-there was no fuel free Option to counter HMGs
-no way to get support weapons early

OKW is missing HQ healing that is not tied to a tier building. SP crate system is simply too limited at the Moment.

SP crates are getting a buff.
SP crates are not supposed to replace battlegroup medics, ist supposed to make it possible to wait it out until it arrives.
SP crates are not tied to tier building.

You have just argues asymmetrical Balance for OKW. Well, guess what, Medics not tied to HQ IS the asymmetrical solution for OKW as OKW gets repair stations as well - ist not bad to make a decision if you want to focus on infantry or vehicles in early game and provide support for that playstyle by proper tech.

You are trying to fix a problem that does not exist.
7 May 2018, 10:32 AM

OKW not having healing when going Mechanized is not a big issue IMO...You could just make med kits slightly better and be done with it really. Not sure what the big deal about it is because in Spring Balance Patch they will do just that.
7 May 2018, 10:49 AM

Stop wishing for Soviet healing. It is only for those who are seriously wounded. :snfPeter:
7 May 2018, 11:42 AM

You walked right into this one:

-lack of sniper
-removed smoke from rifles
-there was no fuel free Option to counter HMGs
-no way to get support weapons early

SP crates are getting a buff.
SP crates are not supposed to replace battlegroup medics, ist supposed to make it possible to wait it out until it arrives.
SP crates are not tied to tier building.

You have just argues asymmetrical Balance for OKW. Well, guess what, Medics not tied to HQ IS the asymmetrical solution for OKW as OKW gets repair stations as well - ist not bad to make a decision if you want to focus on infantry or vehicles in early game and provide support for that playstyle by proper tech.

You are trying to fix a problem that does not exist.

So does the OKW player if he wants to open T2.
- Lack of heal
- No fuel free option to regenerate your troops before vet3
- You can't get any heal any time soon

Oh and by the way, Mortar came before they removed riflesmoke so it couldn't be a cause at that time.
7 May 2018, 12:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 May 2018, 11:42 AMEsxile

So does the OKW player if he wants to open T2.

Not rly.
- Lack of heal

*except for the healing crates
- No fuel free option to regenerate your troops before vet3

- You can't get any heal any time soon

Oh and by the way, Mortar came before they removed riflesmoke so it couldn't be a cause at that time.

3 out of 4 reasons existed since day one as well.
7 May 2018, 12:22 PM

Not rly.

3 out of 4 reasons existed since day one as well.

They are not enough.
7 May 2018, 12:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 May 2018, 12:22 PMEsxile

They are not enough.

If you believe so this firmly, open with battlegroup HQ.

You have viable Option right under your nose.
Pretending ist not there will not make it go away.
Its there and its going to be even more potent soon.

You DO have choice.
Pick one that you value more.
7 May 2018, 12:30 PM

If you believe so this firmly, open with battlegroup HQ.

You have viable Option right under your nose.
Pretending ist not there will not make it go away.
Its there and its going to be even more potent soon.

You DO have choice.
Pick one that you value more.

I get the feeling half of these discussions wouldn't happen if we got that damn preview mod already. Publishing the notes without the mod was a big mistake. Everyone is theorycrafting.
7 May 2018, 19:27 PM

Not only that, at least one person responds to everything with an argument without typically reading and/or comprehending posts.

But yeah "patch notes" without allowing for testing is just stroking the few remaining egos involved with trying to manufacture balance for this game.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★