Login

russian armor

COH 3 CONFRIMED?!

10 May 2018, 23:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 May 2018, 23:06 PMTobis
There is no reason that factions with weaker vehicles can't excel.

Have you guys played coh1 PE? That entire faction was meme light vehicles until you got to the super late Panther call-in. I would love to see a faction like PE with lots of diverse interesting light vehicles to fill in roles. Where's my Hotchkiss, dammit? This game isn't about pure stats in a vacuum where tanks 1v1 each other. Give me a light AT halftrack like CoH1 with a peashooter and lots of abilities to make up for it with utility.

And a REAL hetzer. (Even if there's JP4s.:romeoMug: )
11 May 2018, 11:28 AM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post10 May 2018, 21:37 PMKatitof

[...]
And Italy was a meme army from day 1. They don't really stand up to anything allies had, they were not even able to deal with brits where heaviest tank brits had was stuart at a time.

Like i said; I love sterotypes :D
Perhaps you should ask the british 22nd Armoured Brigade about this meme army. Perhaps you can ask the italian Guastatori units about the meme army.

To be honest when i see this community i hope Relic will redo CoH with US and german faction because it seems to me that the community loves stereotypes and cliches ;)
11 May 2018, 11:42 AM

Like i said; I love sterotypes :D
Perhaps you should ask the british 22nd Armoured Brigade about this meme army. Perhaps you can ask the italian Guastatori units about the meme army.

To be honest when i see this community i hope Relic will redo CoH with US and german faction because it seems to me that the community loves stereotypes and cliches ;)

It is because of the stereotypes and clichés, CoH2 single game failed.
11 May 2018, 11:44 AM

It is because of the stereotypes and clichés, CoH2 single game failed.

Yet, for the exact same reason CoH1 sp was a massive success?
Its exact the same thing.
11 May 2018, 11:52 AM

Pacific theater didn't really have any massive tank battles consisting of new technology, or "eye candy"

Not to mention, it was mostly navel/air. Then island hopping with am atrocious offset KD ratio.

I personally don't want to see another ww2 coh. It'll just be an expansion pack. I thought the coh1 modern warfare mod was awesome. Not sure why people wouldn't want to see a cold war gone hot scenario, early to mid 80s. Considering many countries would be in play would add space for expansion and diversity. Also, you can write history
11 May 2018, 12:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 May 2018, 11:44 AMKatitof

Yet, for the exact same reason CoH1 sp was a massive success?
Its exact the same thing.

I think CoH single game was popular because it was based (copied) on Saving Private Ryan and the Brothers in Arms films. CoH2 was based on the stupid Enemy at the Gate.
11 May 2018, 12:08 PM

Pacific theater didn't really have any massive tank battles consisting of new technology, or "eye candy"

Not to mention, it was mostly navel/air. Then island hopping with am atrocious offset KD ratio.

I personally don't want to see another ww2 coh. It'll just be an expansion pack. I thought the coh1 modern warfare mod was awesome. Not sure why people wouldn't want to see a cold war gone hot scenario, early to mid 80s. Considering many countries would be in play would add space for expansion and diversity. Also, you can write history

I'm interested in alternative stories and I have long suggested two options:
- Operation Unthinkable, the Allies + remnants of the Wehrmacht attack the USSR and its allies.
- The Cuban Crisis. This period is very interesting. The United States and the Soviet Union have developed a huge number of interesting weapons, but it is still early for general rocketization and the main battle tanks.
11 May 2018, 12:22 PM

Blitzkried 2 had interesting feature of having different sets of units for each faction for different periods of war.

There were 4 sets of tech:
1941-1942
1942-1943
1943-1944
1944-1945

And there were three factions: Germany, USSR, USA/GB.
Here's what each faction had as "Medium Tanks" reinforcement for each period of war.

Tech levelGermanyUSSRUSA
1941-19422 x pz iv ausf d
2 x pz iv ausf e
2 x T-28e4 x cruiser mkvi crusader
1942-19433 x pz iv ausf f22 x t 34 mod 39
1 x t 34 mod 42
3 x m4a1 general sherman
1943-19444 x Pz IV Ausf G4 x t 34 mod 424 x M4A3 76w General Sherman
1944-19453 x pz v panther ausf g
1 x pz iv ausf h
4 x t 34 85 3 x A34 Comet
1 x m4a3 76w general sherman

11 May 2018, 17:09 PM

I don´t think there is lack of choice of factions to add:

- Italians
- Afrika Korps (they could be somewhat like OKW but even more movile)
- France
- Japan
- They could even add "the resistance" as a partisan faction that boost "commandos" playstile

Personally I would be amused to play with the almighty Afrika Korps, Hey safari!

Can u at least read what did i write before you reply to my comment?
I just said that if next coh goes ww2, then they dont have choice than to go germany, usa, brit and soviet. And from those factions they have more new options to choose from than they could ever dream to pull from italy, france, japan or some other faction.
You cant possibly put in game like CoH faction like italy and play against usa and stand any chance, unless they go away from coh type of game and experiment with different playstyle, but that wont be coh then. Or they massively over exaggerate and bullshit their way in creating those factions.
But that would destroy immersion, there is some stupid things that destroy immersion in current coh games, but pulling something like italians vs usa would be next level bullshit.
No thank you, to put them they need to destroy any immersion or destroy current mechancis of coh, just to add faction that 4 and half players want to play? And faction that doesn't have anything except two different light tanks and some infantry types with 3 AC.
They can only add them in Singleplayer and create campaign from them. And not fullscale army for pvp multiplayer that barely has mid stage, and no late stage units.

11 May 2018, 18:04 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

Please.
Can someone explain me why Italy or France wont have any chance in a CoH game? Is this community so limited and behind the times?
11 May 2018, 18:15 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

And faction that doesn't have anything except two different light tanks and some infantry types with 3 AC.
They can only add them in Singleplayer and create campaign from them. And not fullscale army for pvp multiplayer that barely has mid stage, and no late stage units.

Yes please, I really want this. The best part about this game is fluid infantry combat and combined arms synergy. I would be 100% okay with a new faction without medium tanks to fight the rng tank battles 1 on 1. That's what I'm looking for most in coh3, reworked tank mechanics to be less RNG. More focus on infantry.
11 May 2018, 18:18 PM

Please.
Can someone explain me why Italy or France wont have any chance in a CoH game? Is this community so limited and behind the times?

Because they lack tanks and overall presence in WW2 in order to apply the WW2 concept.
11 May 2018, 18:40 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

Because they lack tanks and overall presence in WW2 in order to apply the WW2 concept.

That is no answer to my question.

I would set up a new CoH in Africa and Italy. It would be a fresh scenario with a lot of new content and a lot of room to add new ideas/mechanics and/or develop old ideas and mechanics (LoS influenced by terrain/altitude difference, new try for weather elements [sand storm? rain?], large, open desert maps, fortress maps or mountain/small/narrow maps).
And there wont be any problem with those weapons. Italy would have enough weapons for any CoH combat role/function/position [M14/30, Semovente, 90mm aa guns, artillery, mgs, mortars, special units, ectect.].

But i see why Relic wont try such a scenario.

11 May 2018, 18:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 May 2018, 18:15 PMTobis

Yes please, I really want this. The best part about this game is fluid infantry combat and combined arms synergy. I would be 100% okay with a new faction without medium tanks to fight the rng tank battles 1 on 1. That's what I'm looking for most in coh3, reworked tank mechanics to be less RNG. More focus on infantry.

But how to make them scale with other nations that have mediums and heavy tanks?
I agree for better combined arms and less rng, and reworked tank combat, but if they do that with the main factions it would be better experience than with japan, italy and france.
I think that they just dont have that variety of units to be in game like coh, without redoing the playstyle and immersion that made coh good.
11 May 2018, 19:00 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

But how to make them scale with other nations that have mediums and heavy tanks?
I agree for better combined arms and less rng, and reworked tank combat, but if they do that with the main factions it would be better experience than with japan, italy and france.
I think that they just dont have that variety of units to be in game like coh, without redoing the playstyle and immersion that made coh good.

Many global upgrades, and they can still have late game units besides heavy tanks. Look at what PE did in CoH1.
11 May 2018, 19:06 PM
Donator 11

Just place the game a little earlier in time. For example in 1942. Take brits, usf, germans and italians. No army has late war heavy tanks, but they have early war heavy tanks or infantry tanks.

First tier is infantry and team weapons: easy.
Second tier would be AT guns (37 - 50mm), different types of armoured cars and pre-war tanks. Make these as good as coh2 light tanks.
Third tier - modern light or crusier tanks (like p3, m13/40, crusarder), AI assault guns (stug in early versions). Make these light tanks as good coh2 mediums vs infantry and each other.
Fourth tier - modern heavy or infantry tanks, AT assault guns, powerful AI and AT weapons : matilda, p4, semovente, flak 88, light howitzers like lefh18 or 25pdr.

Add additional units, for example converted tanks as callins. Add arty and aircraft offmaps. And you have a game of coh in 1942 that lacks nothing compared to its older brothers.
11 May 2018, 19:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 May 2018, 19:00 PMTobis

Many global upgrades, and they can still have late game units besides heavy tanks. Look at what PE did in CoH1.

Yes, but PE had panthers and jagdpanther, also hetzer and marder3 and pz4 inf support tank (short barrel) and wirbelwind AA based on pz4 chasis.
PE was different, but they still had good selection of strong armor and TD-s, and they were hard to balance, very easy to be cancerous meta.
Italy biggest tank was p40 that was simillar to panzer 4, and they build only 100 or so with most of them were not entirely completed.
11 May 2018, 19:20 PM

Just place the game a little earlier in time. For example in 1942. Take brits, usf, germans and italians. No army has late war heavy tanks, but they have early war heavy tanks or infantry tanks.

First tier is infantry and team weapons: easy.
Second tier would be AT guns (37 - 50mm), different types of armoured cars and pre-war tanks. Make these as good as coh2 light tanks.
Third tier - modern light or crusier tanks (like p3, m13/40, crusarder), AI assault guns (stug in early versions). Make these light tanks as good coh2 mediums vs infantry and each other.
Fourth tier - modern heavy or infantry tanks, AT assault guns, powerful AI and AT weapons : matilda, p4, semovente, flak 88, light howitzers like lefh18 or 25pdr.

Add additional units, for example converted tanks as callins. Add arty and aircraft offmaps. And you have a game of coh in 1942 that lacks nothing compared to its older brothers.

Yes, that is one way to make coh3, but i think that is too many limitations just for adding other smaller factions. I honestly think that that is not the way to go for next coh, to be more limited for sake of expading factions, they are hardly keeping this many factions in coh2 with trying to have them all be unique, going for even more factions without them feeling copy paste and with even more limited arsenal is very risky choice. I would rather for them to go cold war era than to go with this system that u guys propose. It would get boring and it would be balancing nightmare, unless they go mirroring all the factions. No easy way of adding them without altering the playstyle of coh im afraid. They need to upgrade existing system with more QoL and smarter gameplay mechanics, if they go exploring we would probably get mess that would need gazilion patches to make it playable.
11 May 2018, 19:31 PM

Please.

Because unless you apply early war concept(M3 Lee heaviest allied tank, that awkward bulky thing with short gun or MAYBE P3 as heaviest axis tank), then these factions will not be able to compete in any matter in late game.

No, anti tank guns will not be relevant and everyone, axis included would have their own PTRS for infantry AT.

It could be done, but its not going to feature literally anything WW2 iconic.
11 May 2018, 19:57 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post11 May 2018, 19:31 PMKatitof

Because unless you apply early war concept(M3 Lee heaviest allied tank, that awkward bulky thing with short gun or MAYBE P3 as heaviest axis tank), then these factions will not be able to compete in any matter in late game.

No, anti tank guns will not be relevant and everyone, axis included would have their own PTRS for infantry AT.

It could be done, but its not going to feature literally anything WW2 iconic.

So because Italy had no super heavy tank like the Maus they are not suitable for a competitive rts game?
Jeah. That is great. Eliminate a interesting faction because they havent build a 40+ metric ton tank.

Back in early days of "Western Front Armies" the US Forces dont had a heavy Pershing tank (hey, how much Pershing tanks fought in ww2? Oh jeah. 20 Pershings...) and it worked (from my point of view).

With the P.26/40 you have a tank that could be balanced between Panzer IV and Panther. Okay. The P.26 dont serve with the RSI army but that is CoH, a competitive pvp game and not a hardcore ww2 simulation.
With the Semovente 90 you will have a super Marder, Semovente 105 can be used for AT and/or AI.
So there are weapons u can use without any problems.

Furthermore with the "limitation" of such a theater of war you can pull CoH away from those 1944~1945 scenario to a 1941~1944 timeframe. So u wont need heavy Pershings (and M3 Lee would be a nice cool new weapon).

So i cant see any reason why anyone is against any italian theater?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★