Login

russian armor

COH 3 CONFRIMED?!

28 Apr 2018, 02:05 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Apr 2018, 23:44 PMTric

https://imgur.com/gallery/hNwfAzp

I'd recommend working on your jokes if you plan for them to be funny.
28 Apr 2018, 05:40 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Apr 2018, 02:05 AMSwift

So this guy has a huge boil on his ass and his friend says "you need to go see the boil sucker." "Boil sucker?" Yeah, this bum will suck out your boils for $5 here is where he hangs out." So the guy finds this dark alley where bum rolls out of the garbage. His beard is all nasty with food debri etc. "Hey will you fix this boil on my ass for me." "Sure man $5." So the guy drops his drawers and pastes his ass right up to the bums face. And he hears the bum making sucking sounds getting ready to dive in on this boil. Just then the guy loses it and blows a huge wet fart right on the bums face. The bum says "Hey man, thats disgusting...."
28 Apr 2018, 08:37 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Apr 2018, 02:05 AMSwift

No no no man, it was a good one. You didn't get it, accept that :D
28 Apr 2018, 12:44 PM
Master Mapmaker Badge

No no no man, it was a good one. You didn't get it, accept that :D

:megusta:

28 Apr 2018, 13:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Apr 2018, 05:40 AMRosbone

Alright, good troll, you got me. I genuinely laughed to see that I wasn't taken too seriously.

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Apr 2018, 12:44 PMTric
Worst part is I was one of the people that pre-ordered the game, but uh, at least I got some sweet coh 2 skins for 60 USD. :facepalm:

Apologies Tric, it was three in the morning, and we all know how receptive we are then.

Also I got the game for free but didn't even get my CoH 2 skins :snfQuinn:
28 Apr 2018, 18:24 PM

you write about hotkeys, factions etc.

i think you guys are missing what the great thing about CoH is.

Its the absolutely breathtaking atmosphere which reslts from the astonishing details in graphics and sound. i mean, i can zoom in and tilt the camera and i feel i m in the battle myself (this feature is the reason i fell in love with relic games since dow1 2004. this feature makes me give it 99% score if i was to review). the animations, effects, physics, the traces tanks leave behind, the splinters when a house shatters. it's something no other RTS (!!!!!) has ever achieved. not even total war. additionally the sounds, the voice acting. all this stuff together....
28 Apr 2018, 19:08 PM

Its the absolutely breathtaking atmosphere which reslts from the astonishing details in graphics and sound. i mean, i can zoom in and tilt the camera and i feel i m in the battle myself (this feature is the reason i fell in love with relic games since dow1 2004. this feature makes me give it 99% score if i was to review). the animations, effects, physics, the traces tanks leave behind, the splinters when a house shatters. it's something no other RTS (!!!!!) has ever achieved. not even total war. additionally the sounds, the voice acting. all this stuff together....

Donnie not joking for once, that's refreshing.
28 Apr 2018, 19:27 PM

I have to agree with this. Most of the time you feel like you are actually controlling the units and it has a really good tactile feel. The way the units randomly walk is another programming marvel, as opposed to forming a grid and moving the grid around. Relic nailed a lot of good things with making the game feel real.

Then your tank or small vehicle decides to spin in circles or move itself forward but cant seem to move backward, and all of that immersion goes right in the toilet fast. Since we are talking COH3, relic should really focus on pathing more to further enhance the immersion. Having vehicles move 3 meters then spin then move 3 meters then spin breaks the 4th wall.

Would we rather see more vehicle phasing thru objects to get better pathing control? I would. But I am a glue eating 4v4 player so my opinion does not count. You guys?

However, it scares me that many of the animations in COH2 seem broken compared to vCOH. Hopefully they focus on immersion and get the right programmers assigned to the task.
28 Apr 2018, 19:28 PM

Atmosphere and graphics are all wonderful. But I have absolutely no desire to buy the same factions in third time (USA, Britain), the only thing that will be new is Italy. Which had to be added to CoH2 as opposed to the British (since it so happened that the developers did not keep their promise and did not devote the second part to the Eastern Front, as they promised). So... no thanks.
28 Apr 2018, 19:32 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Apr 2018, 19:08 PMSwift

Donnie not joking for once, that's refreshing.

I was half expecting a "playercard please" to be snuck in there somewhere :clap:
28 Apr 2018, 19:37 PM

If Quinn Duffy is the game director I am not even looking for the announcement. This guy ruined COH1 with taking over and releasing and designing Opposing Fronts and Tales of Valor. This guy made a joke team and lead them to COH2 development. The comedy of gaming industry...

Look at COH2, I am not playing but I heard maxim MG has finally changed after 4-5 years of release, this was something people were questioning from day 1 and devs ignored the experts from COH1 and now I see they even plan or maybe already did change the soviet sniper from 2 men to 1 man and again this was something which everyone said it has to be 1 man from day 1 back in early 2013 when game was exiting Alpha.

I mean seriously JOKE OF THE DECADE! Now CoH3 comes and DLCs will be everywhere and in 5 years they finally decide to start balancing the game??
28 Apr 2018, 19:42 PM

While I agree that Cohs charm is the atmosphere, voice lines etc. a large part of the atmosphere was lost when they enabled Amis/ Brits to team up with Soviets. #stillsalty
28 Apr 2018, 20:52 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Apr 2018, 19:42 PMButcher
While I agree that Cohs charm is the atmosphere, voice lines etc. a large part of the atmosphere was lost when they enabled Amis/ Brits to team up with Soviets. #stillsalty

They did that because game without usf didn't sell in 'murica. And they totally screw their chances on russian market with campaign, that was considered there as defaming. For the same reason they added pershing later even though usf was designed to be medium oriented.
6 May 2018, 13:53 PM
Patrion 310

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Apr 2018, 17:29 PMValeran

After same survey that they did for 3 dow 3 revivng, that neevr become, to be honest, yes. But I'm afraid about coh 3, now it's clearly approved that it was in development by dow 3 team, that f*ck up dow 3 compltetely.

Relic management nuke the DoW3 franchise, then go promote DoW3 game designers to lead positions on the CoH/AoE4 team.

Sounds like a good strategy for success!

6 May 2018, 21:35 PM

I see people often say that they get tired of same old factions.
I never got bothered with that. Its not like Cod or BF that the game is released every year, so it can get repetitive. There are only two and half (CoH online) games in last 12 years.
Either they go ww2, or not.
If they go ww2, there is lack of choice for factions, i mean, who really wants to play with Italians? What do they have that it will make it interesting? Or japan, they were major player, but unless next coh goes naval, japan is in same problem as Italy, very limited choice to play with, it would get bet boring, really fast.
They need to worry about polish(don't mean on Poland:) and improving gameplay.
And not adding factions that 2 infantry type, one light tank and two different AC would be 80% of their army

6 May 2018, 23:43 PM

I see people often say that they get tired of same old factions.
I never got bothered with that. Its not like Cod or BF that the game is released every year, so it can get repetitive. There are only two and half (CoH online) games in last 12 years.
Either they go ww2, or not.
If they go ww2, there is lack of choice for factions, i mean, who really wants to play with Italians? What do they have that it will make it interesting? Or japan, they were major player, but unless next coh goes naval, japan is in same problem as Italy, very limited choice to play with, it would get bet boring, really fast.
They need to worry about polish(don't mean on Poland:) and improving gameplay.
And not adding factions that 2 infantry type, one light tank and two different AC would be 80% of their army

combat inside enterable houses, side armor, , more animations (like solders leaning at a wall), maybe different stances and choosable behaviour (like passive / hold fire / attack only when attacked) would be enough for a new coh
7 May 2018, 00:34 AM

combat inside enterable houses, side armor, , more animations (like solders leaning at a wall), maybe different stances and choosable behaviour (like passive / hold fire / attack only when attacked) would be enough for a new coh

Nah, for the next game i would like for monetization that doesn't affect pvp, but that won't happen, cuz Sega.
And if they are going just to add couple of features and call it CoH3, i would rather that they build from vCoH, not coh2.
7 May 2018, 06:24 AM

I would like to see some gameplay consistency. Not talking about asymetric balance design but more about things like why is USF the only faction that can leave vehicles? Do all other factions have self driving tanks?
7 May 2018, 10:23 AM

I would like to see some gameplay consistency. Not talking about asymetric balance design but more about things like why is USF the only faction that can leave vehicles? Do all other factions have self driving tanks?

Yes! More consistency is a must.
Also, huge thing that they should do is ditch passive timed abilities, if i pay 45 munition for AP ability on a tank, then i want 4 or 5 AP shells, not 15 seconds of AP shells. They could use this system for for artillery too.
7 May 2018, 21:18 PM

Then I was banned at the right time in coh2 forever. : D
Coh3 I'm happy: D
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment