Login

russian armor

Wehrmacht Consideration about Artillery vs CAS

23 Apr 2018, 13:14 PM

Hi all, I´m learning how to play well this game. I used to play COH1 back in the day and now I came back but this time, COH2 it is.

I focus on team games, as I consider them really more fun than 1v1.

Every time I play, I cannot decide wich commander to pick. Lots of them seem to be very useful but my top used commanders are Spearhead, Blitzkrieg and Lightning War.

Last night I was playing 3v3s and 4v4s with some friends and I always picked Blitzkrieg, basically because of CAS, Recon and tactician... and I realized that my teammates playing with artillery were much more efficient doing a constant arti barrage al over the map, than me, with a 200 munis 1 shot skill.

The question is: What do you think about picking arillery over CAS? Don´t you think is much more effective having some units (lehf 18 cannons) constantly hitting enemy lines than a 1 shot 25-30 sec skill?

I know CAS is really good against armor, but is one shot, 2 at most, while arty is reliable since you can barrage several times during a match.
23 Apr 2018, 13:19 PM

Everything depends on playstyle, game mode, map and what opponents do.

4v4 are arty fests, so arty commanders are more common because they are easier there. CAS is more of a 1v1 or 2v2 commander as it requires smaller maps for planes to come faster.

Arty commanders excel in dislodging campers, which pretty much all 4v4 players are.
23 Apr 2018, 13:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Apr 2018, 13:19 PMKatitof
Everything depends on playstyle, game mode, map and what opponents do.

4v4 are arty fests, so arty commanders are more common because they are easier there. CAS is more of a 1v1 or 2v2 commander as it requires smaller maps for planes to come faster.

Arty commanders excel in dislodging campers, which pretty much all 4v4 players are.

As a 4v4 player myself I agree with this answer.

For axis LeFH18 is a good thing to have against brits, who play through emplacements. It is also efficient if you have reliable way to provide vision on USF major if USF player using it as forward retreat point (which most of them do, including myself).

Also I had couple of games recently where I was playing Soviets and lost up to two Katyushas to a single LeFH18 barrage due to keeping them close to each other and not monitoring them while they had their barrage on cooldown.

In other situations I'd prefer CAS over LeFH18 in 4v4.
23 Apr 2018, 13:55 PM

Nice to hear you all. In that case, wich versatile arti commanders do you recommend for 3v3 and 4v?

2v2 I´ll stick to Blitzkrieg since I prefer 3 P4 + command tank than waiting for Tiger (I can´t get used to it, it desperates me with that speed and turret slowness).
23 Apr 2018, 20:52 PM

Nice to hear you all. In that case, wich versatile arti commanders do you recommend for 3v3 and 4v?

2v2 I´ll stick to Blitzkrieg since I prefer 3 P4 + command tank than waiting for Tiger (I can´t get used to it, it desperates me with that speed and turret slowness).

Also if you have Elite Troops, its basically a better version of the Lighting War doctrine
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 59
Mexico 4
South Africa 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak