Login

russian armor

Counter for early OKW Pios/Fortification spam?

22 Apr 2018, 06:25 AM

I know, this is rather stupid question and it surely was answered a long time ago, but still.
I am rather new to game(100 h. ingame), and i still can't really find formula to counter blobs of sturmpios. Conscripts are capable of removing them only at mid/close range, but same goes for pios,and they have MP-40, so they literally wipe out half of my cons squad before losing at least 1 model.
Recently I had couple of battles against these guys:
1. I tryed to counter them with Maxim spam, but they just steamrolled it and steal MG from me.
2. Tryed to rush for t-70, they just put in 3 of FlaK enplacements.
3. Saving for sturmoviks(ppsh-41 and armored vest)is rather stupid desicion - while i get 1 squad, they get 2,5 of theirs.
4. Tryed to get my pios with flametrhover hopped into Clown-car - shrek'd.

The problem is - they were not just blobbing it, but micro-ed - flanking and focusing my units, while staying within one sector.
Any suggestions?
22 Apr 2018, 12:20 PM

Long range and focus fire, sturmpios die on the move when someone even sneezes at them also they cost lots of manpower so you'll be able to field more than him. Bleeding him with snipers might work too or just using penals.
And if they're staying within one sector, distract them there with one squad while you cap the rest of the map.
22 Apr 2018, 12:54 PM

also if u struggle with blobs in general. Pick a commander that has fear propaganda, it is super cheap and forces blobs to retreat almost everytime or they get pinned so u can bomb them with katy's or zisguns or other arty.

If don't know any good fear propaganda docs, i suggest u look in to terror tactics and anti infantry tactics.

for the rest use long range units like farlon said. But if u can't do that due the map being a close quarter map (the strongest maps for multiple sturmpio's), then u should get 1 shocktroop squad, those fuckers even 2 v 1 sturmpio's on those maptypes (if done right). (keep in mind that they are expensive and usually should only get one of them unless u have much mp and can sustain 2). And guess what, the 2 doc's i suggested u should use for this situation also have shocks next to fear prop!
23 Jun 2018, 20:43 PM

A blob of anything is a pain in the backside, mines help, a well placed mortar too. Keep your squads in cover, micro your tank instead of just rushing in and getting nailed.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 27
unknown 7

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment