Login

russian armor

Stg44 or mg43 ?

16 Apr 2018, 21:58 PM

Stg44 or mg43 for obersoldaten? i found stg44 more efficient than mg43 is that true after latest patch?whats your opinion?
16 Apr 2018, 22:03 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

They both have their strengths and weaknesses, but I'd say the IR StG44 is the best currently. 60 muni vs 80 muni and ignores the majority of cover. Plus the IR StGs cannot be dropped, but the damage is spread over 2 models.
16 Apr 2018, 22:04 PM

oh nice! tyvm
17 Apr 2018, 10:41 AM

Wasn't cover ignoring removed long time ago?
17 Apr 2018, 11:24 AM

Prefer lmg, the longer range dmg makes it insane at keeping infantry in check without getting into a bad position, and more importantly because of longer range its more likely to get wipes on retreats.

It fires on the move even though its an lmg, also if enemies late game who are getting into close with your obers its probably something like a shock or ppsh con that your ober wants to retreat from or throw a grenade at anyways

Only upside to infrared stg is that it lets you be more mobile with your obers which makes them less exposed to mortars.
17 Apr 2018, 12:07 PM

Can't remember the last time I've used infrared STGs or seen them in a replay. If they were any good they'd be used more.
17 Apr 2018, 14:46 PM

I'd say map dependent - on maps that are more closer quarters/lots of green cover/garrisons then STGs are more viable. Also against certain builds (PPSH Cons, Shock Troops, Commandos, etc.) where STGs are much more effective at negating the benefits gained by heavy SMG use. Even then - LMG34 is so good at bursting down models/support weapons that you're never going to regret getting that either; which is why you probably don't see a lot of STGs.
17 Apr 2018, 15:49 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Apr 2018, 10:41 AMHater
Wasn't cover ignoring removed long time ago?

Nope still in there.
17 Apr 2018, 16:21 PM
Donator 11

Intuitively it seems like Stg44s are better against Brits, given the fact that they are more likely to be in green cover. The whole commander is pretty nice vs Brit tbh
18 Apr 2018, 12:42 PM

Can't remember the last time I've used infrared STGs or seen them in a replay. If they were any good they'd be used more.

I think the doctrine might have something to say on that matter though. Back in the luchs glory day I frequently used the spec ops doctrine, because the command panther was a hail mary if you were unlucky to get your schwere wiped or for some other reason was significantly behind on fuel and thus wanted to save the the ressources by delaying the Schwere.

These days where battlegroup seems to reign supreme you usually have enough fuel to set up your schwere much earlier and thus run less of a risk loosing it to an early armor rush. the Spec ops is still a useful commander with flares and the STG upgrade, but there are generally better alternatives if you don't plan to go for the cmd panther, which remains the backbone of the doctrine.

Conversely the mg43 is not tied to a specific doctrine which I think is the primary reason why you see that used much more frequently ;)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS