Login

russian armor

Counters for Soviet Tier 1 Sniper + Penals/Guards

16 Apr 2018, 12:33 PM

I'm finding it super difficult to counter the double sniper + Penals/Guards PTRS combo. I have tried Panzerfusiliers with G43s but they don't seem to do enough DPS against snipers to kill both models. Interested to know how other people respond to this as OKW.

16 Apr 2018, 13:46 PM

Is this for 1v1 or team games?

In both modes I find this actually the easiest Soviet strat to counter as OKW...

What you need to do is: Early aggression with Kübel,SP and Volks into Flak HT. If he goes Penals and Sniper he has nothing to stop you in the first few minutes. Go straight for his fuel or his fuel cut off and cap as much as you can with Kübel.

16 Apr 2018, 16:40 PM

Is this for 1v1 or team games?

In both modes I find this actually the easiest Soviet strat to counter as OKW...

What you need to do is: Early aggression with Kübel,SP and Volks into Flak HT. If he goes Penals and Sniper he has nothing to stop you in the first few minutes. Go straight for his fuel or his fuel cut off and cap as much as you can with Kübel.

are you forreal? easiest strat to counter as ->okw????
even if you get the fuel and all that shiet. it won't stop him from countering your light vehicles and bullying your mp with those double snipers.
16 Apr 2018, 17:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Apr 2018, 16:40 PMYRon²y

are you forreal? easiest strat to counter as ->okw????
even if you get the fuel and all that shiet. it won't stop him from countering your light vehicles and bullying your mp with those double snipers.

Double Snipers vs OKW? Am I playing the same game? That´s like a auto loss. In my 1700 hrs I have NEVER seen someone use Soviet double snipers vs me (when playing OKW). The reason is simple. You have no stopping power. It can´t work...Against Ostheer it can work depending on map but no chance vs OKW. I have never seen anyone use double sniper vs OKW in any tournaments either. So it doesnt have anything to do with player levels either.
16 Apr 2018, 20:43 PM

Double Snipers vs OKW? Am I playing the same game? That´s like a auto loss. In my 1700 hrs I have NEVER seen someone use Soviet double snipers vs me (when playing OKW). The reason is simple. You have no stopping power. It can´t work...Against Ostheer it can work depending on map but no chance vs OKW. I have never seen anyone use double sniper vs OKW in any tournaments either. So it doesnt have anything to do with player levels either.

I have seen it and i have fought it. you clearly haven't. even streamers, i think it was hans using it a time ago(hans vs lmctx). you don't just instantly build 2sov snipers, but you can like after few mins, when u used that first sniper efficiantly, you can make that second and then it becomes annoying. it's quite easy and i don't get how you haven't even seen it. even 2v2 and 4v4 is full of it :p. but your simple strategy of pushing him away probably scares everybody of to use it on you. you think i'm that stupid to let my opponents gain ground while they go double sniper? i know i have to push aggresive in the beginning, but when he just gains that simple fuel and vp back of him after some good fights, the second one comes on and so the game will go his way. it's not cause you had double fuel in beginning of the game that he won't come back anymore. his worst(or worse) fear is an lt but when he has that secured with something like an atgun, guards or ptrs-penals, then it becomes a litle harder to use that fuel to your advantage, doesn't it? and so you're in that situation and what do you do then? well your priority wil be getting the snipers but how? popping units from buildings is an option then or flanking. my conclusion is: sov sniper is OP and guards aswel. it's hard to beat and not fun to come up agianst.
16 Apr 2018, 21:16 PM
Donator 11

I'm finding it super difficult to counter the double sniper + Penals/Guards PTRS combo. I have tried Panzerfusiliers with G43s but they don't seem to do enough DPS against snipers to kill both models. Interested to know how other people respond to this as OKW.

If you want to kill both you need to flank your opponent really well or use camouflaged squad on retreat path. On the other hand you don't really need to kill both. Killing one a few times is often enough to bleed soviet player hard as the sniper is 90mp to reinforce.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★