Login

russian armor

How Green and Red Cover Interact

13 Apr 2018, 03:52 AM

A short video demonstrating what happens when units engage where red and green cover are right next to each other.

Thanks to CheatMod II, and Vipper for pointing out the health marker option. A lot of Obers died needlessly before that point...

Apologies for blanking on some of the words. Fatigue sucks.
13 Apr 2018, 04:39 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

Informative! But why do squads occassionally get surpressed on red cover? I don't think I've ever witnessed that in the live game.
13 Apr 2018, 06:23 AM

Informative! But why do squads occassionally get surpressed on red cover? I don't think I've ever witnessed that in the live game.

You would hope that in a live game, no one would stand on red cover for that long :p

But as a general rule, red cover increases received accuracy, damage, and received suppression (by about 25%, I think). I believe that all bullets have a suppression value, however tiny. You'd only notice when a modifier is involved, such as the target squad already being suppressed, or standing on red cover for too long (and not dying first).

I remember in vCOH, volksgrenadiers would fire at exactly the same time on the first volley, often causing the target to be temporarily suppressed.
13 Apr 2018, 10:06 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Apr 2018, 03:52 AMCyanara

A short video demonstrating what happens when units engage where red and green cover are right next to each other.

Thanks to CheatMod II, and Vipper for pointing out the health marker option. A lot of Obers died needlessly before that point...

Apologies for blanking on some of the words. Fatigue sucks.

Good job on the Video. Nice of you to take the time to create a post that actually informs people.

Thanks for the Credits.
13 Apr 2018, 15:56 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Apr 2018, 06:23 AMCyanara
I believe that all bullets have a suppression value, however tiny.

Not true. Obers probably have a small amount of suppression base to account for the vet 4 bonus. I'll guess it's just easier to increase suppression value rather than adding suppression after vetting up (and now only after using the ability they gain).

This is the Obers Kar
| | suppression: {
| | | amount: 0.006f;
| | | nearby_suppression_multiplier: 0.1f;
| | | nearby_suppression_radius: 10f;

This is the Volks Kar
| | | amount: 0f;
| | | nearby_suppression_multiplier: 0f;
| | | nearby_suppression_radius: 0f;

13 Apr 2018, 17:00 PM

Very nice, thanks!
13 Apr 2018, 19:30 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Not true. Obers probably have a small amount of suppression base to account for the vet 4 bonus. I'll guess it's just easier to increase suppression value rather than adding suppression after vetting up (and now only after using the ability they gain).

This is the Obers Kar

This is the Volks Kar

Although I trust you grabbed the right stats, I do recall some value where suppression struggles to relieve itself even if shots coming at them don't carry suppression.
13 Apr 2018, 21:12 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Although I trust you grabbed the right stats, I do recall some value where suppression struggles to relieve itself even if shots coming at them don't carry suppression.

Because that's combat status. You have different recovery suppression velocity depending if you are in cover and under fire or not.

TBH, my explanation is what i supposed Relic did as an easy way to implement suppression on Obers, for when they hit vet 4 in the past. If base suppression was 0, they would had to probably add a new weapon profile for when they vet.
Interesting enough, this was what probably caused an issue back then, when we had Grens (and other squads which used the same weapon) with suppression causing ruckus in the game. Someone copy paste the wrong values.

14 Apr 2018, 00:46 AM

This is the Obers Kar

This is the Volks Kar

Ah. I really gotta stop trying to make logical assumptions about this game :p Thanks
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 23
Germany 1
Germany 644

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak