Login

russian armor

I think I've been hacked

10 Apr 2018, 20:19 PM

I was about to win an epic 1 hour match vs a USF player called IAM TONY. When the game was about to end (he only had 9 points remaining and counting down) I suddenly get disconnected, I get defeat, and after that I suddenly reconnect back.

This is very suspicious considering the fact that my internet is very good and does not suffer disconnections. Just remember that he was losing and I got immediatly reconnected back after I got my loss in the game.

Replay: https://www.coh2.org/replay/69147/nice-disconnect-hack
10 Apr 2018, 20:43 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Eh, he only has 13 disputes after 1700 games. Not saying it's impossible but...
I think an actual cheater would have better than <.50 winrate. You might have just gotten really unlucky.
10 Apr 2018, 20:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Apr 2018, 20:43 PMTobis
Eh, he only has 13 disputes after 1700 games. Not saying it's impossible but...
I think an actual cheater would have better than <.50 winrate. You might have just gotten really unlucky.

His profile is Private - check
I got deconnected right when I was about to win - check
I got reconnected the moment I pressed quit game after the Defeat screen - check

How unlucky can one guy be?
10 Apr 2018, 21:09 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

I got reconnected the moment I pressed quit game after the Defeat screen - check

Unlucky enough that this would happen once after what I assume to be at least 100 horus of play time, probably.

Its a lot of coincidences, sure, but not ones that are all that unlikely.
10 Apr 2018, 21:36 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

It is always hard to say if yes or no.

But when you look at this: http://prntscr.com/j3jfyk

Soo many games and so less drops and disputes. I doubt that in this case.
Tho should this happend more often from this guy, Relic will have a look into this account.
10 Apr 2018, 21:38 PM

I had this happen to me when opponent had 1 (!!!!!) VP left...While talking in TS to my mate without any connection problem.

It was almost two years ago but I still remember it to this day haha...

Was it cheating or some weird Relic problem? We will never know...
11 Apr 2018, 05:16 AM

It is always hard to say if yes or no.

But when you look at this: http://prntscr.com/j3jfyk

Soo many games and so less drops and disputes. I doubt that in this case.
Tho should this happend more often from this guy, Relic will have a look into this account.

Excuse my noob question but what are drops and disuputes reffering to exactly?

What if I come across this guy again on ladder, work my ass off, get close to winning and then get disconnected again. This one was hard to take already.
11 Apr 2018, 09:08 AM
Senior Editor Badge

Edit: Nevermind
11 Apr 2018, 12:22 PM

believe me, your not the only one, it has happend to me sometimes as well. know the feeling bro :gimpy:
11 Apr 2018, 14:05 PM

Permanently Banned
Man its relic, my internet dont drop (i was in discord), but i drop from game with error, pls. Sometimes shit happen.
11 Apr 2018, 14:37 PM

The fact that his profile being private is one of your reasons tells me you probably didn't get hacked. I'm sure most cheaters do have a private profile, but I'm also sure there's just plenty of people looking for privacy...

Then toss in the disputes as others have said and it looks fine. I believe disputes refer to things exactly like this, where you got disconnected and the game couldn't be listed one way or another. Don't know if anyone else still gets the BugSplat crashes on occasion, but I know that used to add to your disputes if it happened during a match.
11 Apr 2018, 14:44 PM

Hell, the lag at the end of the game that comes with victory strikes, supply, etc, I can see there being such desyncs if there's even a bit of discrepancy between the players.
11 Apr 2018, 17:33 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Unless you are living in the USA, the whole premise that because i "still have internet" fells kinda short sometimes.

If you are using services such as Discord or TS, big chances are that you are using a server which is located at least in the same continent. Anything can happen when your connection needs to cross the Atlantic or you leave in another hemisphere.

I'm not saying Relic isn't at fault, just that the excuse generally falls short.
13 Apr 2018, 16:18 PM

I was about to win an epic 1 hour match vs a USF player called IAM TONY. When the game was about to end (he only had 9 points remaining and counting down) I suddenly get disconnected, I get defeat, and after that I suddenly reconnect back.

This is very suspicious considering the fact that my internet is very good and does not suffer disconnections. Just remember that he was losing and I got immediatly reconnected back after I got my loss in the game.

Replay: https://www.coh2.org/replay/69147/nice-disconnect-hack

just to be sure.

did you checked on http://www.companyofheroes.com/leaderboards#global/1v1/soviet/by-rank

if u got the victory or not?

the screen ingame isnt 100% accurate.
13 Apr 2018, 17:52 PM
Donator 11

just to be sure.

did you checked on http://www.companyofheroes.com/leaderboards#global/1v1/soviet/by-rank

if u got the victory or not?

the screen ingame isnt 100% accurate.

He indeed has been given a loss, as you can see here: http://www.companyofheroes.com/leaderboards#profile/steam/76561198016129633/history

Which is actually not a strange thing, considering OP has twice as many drops/disputes per 100 games as IAM TONY
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★