Login

russian armor

An open letter to the CoHmmunity about rebroadcasting

• This thread is locked
PAGES (9)down
4 Apr 2018, 18:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Apr 2018, 18:30 PMA_E

Anyone - uhm this thread is just about having organised a tourney and sourced/ fronted a prizepool, the person(s) that do that have the broadcast rights. If you wanna organise a tourney coolio!

Yeah its this bit I am not sure on
Even if it's not our event personally, we still confer with each other and make group decisions which apply to all tournaments.
4 Apr 2018, 18:38 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

I didn't have anything to do with OCF. I actually contributed by making some videos for your YouTube channel and didn't cast any games.

Yes, I took an opportunity to cast ESL when it was offered to me. I didn't realise anyone from CoH2.org disliked me for that.

I'm actually surprised as a red badge that you're going to derail this thread and then think for a moment I should close it at your request.

No.

I have nothing to hide from anyone in this community. We can do this in public in the open right now as you've decided that is best.

Stormless: you have been sanctimonious with us in the past...what we should have said to Relic...what we failed to do with Relic ....why you are unhappy with our attitude to Relic... all this we have taken on the chin.

However, as a peacemaker, you sure are not behaving nicely to Hans, whom I last saw playing beer pong in your house, when you were dressed up as a pirate and he was missing the target cups consistently, as he always will do.

If you all know each other in RL, as you do, surely you could resolve this by a Skype call, without resorting to the mob with pitchforks and torches?

4 Apr 2018, 18:47 PM
Patrion 14

However, as a peacemaker, you sure are not behaving nicely to Hans, whom I last saw playing beer pong in your house, when you were dressed up as a pirate and he was missing the target cups consistently, as he always will do.

BS, he thrashed us during GCS2
4 Apr 2018, 18:53 PM

4 Apr 2018, 18:58 PM

4 Apr 2018, 19:00 PM

theres everything to see here
4 Apr 2018, 19:00 PM
Senior Caster Badge

Stormless: you have been sanctimonious with us in the past...what we should have said to Relic...what we failed to do with Relic ....why you are unhappy with our attitude to Relic... all this we have taken on the chin.

Yes, actually I had relayed to CoH2.org what Relic's opinion was and what CoH2.org could do in order to restore the relationship that was not present at the time. I'm sorry if I came across to you as righteous or 'sanctimonious' but I thought it was information that CoH2.org could take and process however you wanted to build ties with Relic again. I have my own opinions on it and yes, I do take side with Relic about what happened regarding OCF2

Do you think I have harmed CoH2.org and the community by taking the ESL chance and doing this?

If you all know each other in RL, as you do, surely you could resolve this by a Skype call, without resorting to the mob with pitchforks and torches?

I think I've mentioned a few times in this thread already that we all PM'd Hans via Facebook and Steam during and after the event on Sunday. There wasn't a response and so we have opened up this discussion based on this. Yes, James is someone who has been an IRL friend to me, Currahee and Matt for 3-4 years at least.

I hope you can understand that this isn't 'fun' for us. But I don't wish to see anyone trampled on like this, friend or not. Just because Hans is a friend of mine it doesn't mean he gets a free pass to act like this. Same goes for anyone.

4 Apr 2018, 19:12 PM

Sorry that I haven't posted anything yet but I had terrible pains yesterday and writing is exhausting for me.

Well what should I say: Stormless and A_E basicly summorized what was our intention with the Open-Letter: What happenend on Sunday should never happen again and I think that was my first thought. As a TO you have the FULL responsibility what happens. People are critizing you at first if anything goes wrong and as A_E mentionend its not always a pleasant job. With all that one of the "priviledge" as a TO is that you decide things. That starts with the name of the Tournament, Format etc. And aswell who casts the games. When I decided to organize this Tournament Me and my 2nd Admin FAHU we both agreed that Stormless, A_E and Romeo are the Best Caster for this Tournament. I thank all 3 of you for your hard work! and everybody else of course :)

I'm sorry Hans that youz think that our intention was to make a Witch Hunt against you. I say this now loud and clear: IT WAS NOT OUR INTENTION! What you did last Sunday was wrong! You had not the right to cast any of the games on Sunday without asking me! If you see this otherwise then go for a sec into yourself imagine me sitting infront of you and look me in the eyes and repeat that you think you have done nothing wrong.

This is a very powerful statement. I hope this community comes out stronger from all of this. Its hard work producing content for the community,and I agree 100% with you Currahee. I think its time to forgive and move forward. Stormless,AE,Currahee,fahu, and Helpinghans have all made contributions to this community and i hope we can all move on from this as its pety. I thought this was kinda funny at first but after really researching what happened, i realized that this is very serious and can hurt entire community.
4 Apr 2018, 19:32 PM

Quite frankly has anyone stopped to ask themselves if UTT itself was a quality product to watch?

I was bored watching the games, despite who was casting. I stopped watching in the middle and played another game. ...right around the time people caught wind of this drama brewing. That certainly made me move on faster.

But hey, fight amongst yourselves over rights to viewers.
A_E
4 Apr 2018, 19:35 PM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

Quite frankly has anyone stopped to ask themselves if UTT itself was a quality product to watch?

I was bored watching the games, despite who was casting. I stopped watching in the middle and played another game. ...right around the time people caught wind of this drama brewing. That certainly made me move on faster.

Uhm it was an aweomse best of five I cast, had Luvnest and Momo nearly beaten 2-0 down then make a miracle comeback, and win the series 3-2..... felt pretty awesome at the time...
4 Apr 2018, 19:37 PM

I don't understand how being bored watching a cast translate to this being a non issue. If you feel like it was boring you could provide some insight into what would make it more entertaining with the casters/directors.
4 Apr 2018, 19:38 PM
Senior Referee Badge

I do agree that we shouldnt blow ourselves up here. If we all just agree on moving on and having more respect for each other everybody is better off. It would be nice if people would apologise for the things they done wrong, but if they dont want to i do not want that to cause the community to get stuck. Lets move on and make a silent agreement that a streamer does not stream games from a tournament without permission.
If you do not want to go by this silent agreement, fine, but do not expect any respect or help from the people who do want to follow this silent agreement :)

I am going to lock this thread. There is no need for more drama. Anyone who wants to continue the discussion should do this in a pm with the people they want to talk too. I honestly think that this thread wont do much more positive if i leave it open. Private discussions do way less harm and often come up with solutions better.
If you want this to be open again, pm me or if you have the power and a good reason . Make it open again, but do think before you do it :)
4 Apr 2018, 19:39 PM
Senior Editor Badge

A subjective opinion about the quality of the stream is irrelevant in this current situation. Strawmen arguments like this (X wasn't a problem because Y was bad) do not serve to further the quality of debate nor reach potential solutions and a collective understanding and resolution here.
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS