Login

russian armor

An open letter to the CoHmmunity about rebroadcasting

• This thread is locked
PAGES (9)down
4 Apr 2018, 16:07 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Apr 2018, 15:32 PMTric

You are right, a "friend", and once upon a time a sub. Is who he told to "go fuck off and die" https://clips.twitch.tv/DeadSuaveElkEagleEye

He apologized, kinda.

https://clips.twitch.tv/HelpfulHotLadiesVoteNay

Well yes hans is very emotional and yes it would be greater, if he tries to control those things in the future. The Life is way easier then without this :)

And I agree to that what vonivan said.

The caster, cupadmins, known People have to come together and find a good solution.

The question is: hans still says he would cast cupgames on his own, because he wants and can.
So the question is what the cupadmins are thinking about this.

The ultra optimum would be: To stream other games while a cup is. I mean Hans plays other games too. So he could play not coh2 for example. Or other streamer like vonivan. I mean you can plan those things.
So play coh2 on other days and then on the big cups maybe stream other games?
I know this is utopic, tho a goodidea.

4 Apr 2018, 16:11 PM
Master Mapmaker Badge

He apologized, kinda.

Still breaking ToS on twitch. Just cause I'm mad and can't control myself does that give me an excuse to just stab someone at the market with no repercussions? He needs to get his ego checked. He has been streaming for 6years or MORE and has a thinner skin than I do. I used to be like this, you cannot be a streamer/caster/entertainer/content creator and act like this. If something gets to you this bad and makes you say things that you "don't mean", then maybe that thing inst for you. If that is streaming, or if that is just coh 2. I don't know, but thats my take on that.
4 Apr 2018, 16:11 PM
Master Mapmaker Badge

The ultra optimum would be: To stream other games while a cup is. I mean Hans plays other games too. So he could play not coh2 for example. Or other streamer like vonivan. I mean you can plan those things.
So play coh2 on other days and then on the big cups maybe stream other games?
I know this is utopic, tho a goodidea.

This was the same thing I said as well.
4 Apr 2018, 16:12 PM

Alright, so I was casting the main stream with AE so I thought i'd chip in

So this insight point is pretty bullshit as far as im concerned. I've done better than Hans in recent 2v2 tournaments and would say I can offer just as good insight in to 2v2 as he can. Just skimmed through his cast and he hasn't really said anything particularly enlightening, curious to know what god tier information about 2v2 he has that I don't.

Only seen one 30 second clip of the rebroadcast, if he actually did a whole game thats out of line.

Also think it's just common decency to not start casting tournament games that have an official stream unless you're providing an alternate language. Romeo comes back just to cast a tournament and his viewer count is probably quartered because a more followed coh2 streamer is putting out the same content.

Lastly what part of the open letter is targeted directly at Hans? This post was clearly made so that it doesn't happen in future weeks or with future tournaments.

I still can't believe Sid was casting and had a face cam, really nice to see others getting involved.

Love you Sid!

:thumbsup:
4 Apr 2018, 16:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Apr 2018, 16:11 PMTric

Still breaking ToS on twitch. Just cause I'm mad and can't control myself does that give me an excuse to just stab someone at the market with no repercussions? He needs to get his ego checked. He has been streaming for 6years or MORE and has a thinner skin than I do.

I agree for the most part, but that analogy is terrible. Words don't kill people.
4 Apr 2018, 16:17 PM
Master Mapmaker Badge

I agree for the most part, but that analogy is terrible. Words don't kill people.

Right, but just making it extreme to show the absolute silliness of it. And calling a cop a pig in the states might get you killed so uh, yah LUL.

In all seriousness though this is used for sheer exaggeration to show the point in a more black/white kinda of light instead of a gray one.
4 Apr 2018, 16:21 PM

He apologized, kinda.

Sorry for directly restreaming their footage, tripled down on parallel broadcasting their tourney games w/o permission. Third times a charm? Hans its not that doing that is absolutely illegal...it might be, nobody here really knows. Its the fact that its wrong for you to make money from their tournament that they set up without their permission. You're doing something that is obviously ethically wrong because you know some guys won't sic a legal team on you over a pretty small tourney. If you pulled this during OCF Ami would hit you with cease and desist letters.

And no this isn't just a bash Hans bandwagon, I remember saying certain people should be banned several years ago when they were harassing you in game 24/7.
4 Apr 2018, 16:21 PM

There's one thing I don't get that I'd like explained to me:

Why is one 600 viewer stream better than two 300 viewer streams assuming all the donation links are the same?
4 Apr 2018, 16:22 PM

Donation links the same? LUL
4 Apr 2018, 16:23 PM

Donation links the same? LUL

This is a hypothetical scenario.
4 Apr 2018, 16:29 PM

So... okay, look, insight. Right. Hans is a much better player than I am, so he probably has amazing insight compared to my understanding of the game.

... but... how insightful can you be if you are restreaming AE's screen and are locked to whatever camera view he has at that moment?
4 Apr 2018, 16:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Apr 2018, 16:21 PMLago
There's one thing I don't get that I'd like explained to me:

Why is one 600 viewer stream better than two 300 viewer streams assuming all the donation links are the same?

I believe 600 view stream will make more money per ad than 2 300, as the money you make isn't exactly linear increase.

I don't really stream though so I am probably wrong.
4 Apr 2018, 16:43 PM

Is the ad revenue large enough to be a significant factor?
4 Apr 2018, 16:48 PM

Twitch affiliate and partner programs require steady broadcasting schedules and increases in viewers to be accepted.
4 Apr 2018, 16:50 PM
Senior Caster Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Apr 2018, 15:21 PMAronin

The fault does not lie solely with HelpingHans.
All that said, I also believe Stormless and the other organisers/casters had a way to attempt a more peaceable resolution to this than posting it on the CoH2 forums. The post may have been more justified if they attempted a personal conversation with HelpingHans first. I don't know whether this happened... It would reassure me if it did. If Hans still refused to admit the error with integrity then I believe this post is entirely justified.

Thanks for your post. I'm genuinely sorry that this has caused any diminished love for a streamer and tbh, that actually sucks to read. With the best of luck, this is just a bad reaction to something I have no doubt is embarrassing, and to be honest with you this isn't fun for me to have to do this to someone I've considered an IRL friend for 3-4 years.

Myself and the other organisers in our committee (I'm not actually running this event) messaged Hans over Facebook and Steam during the stream. It was receiving this message to stop casting that provoked Hans to speak publicly on his stream about us in what I consider a disrespectful way (i.e claiming our content is rubbish compared to his).

I sent a short and quite sharp message to him afterwards too on Sunday which I haven't heard back from. I did call him something rude because he's a friend of mine and I was annoyed. But I was still hoping he would come back to me to argue a point.

4 Apr 2018, 16:52 PM
Master Mapmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Apr 2018, 16:43 PMLago

Depends on if you run ads willingly and how many mobile watchers/desktop watchers without adblock you have.

A stream with 100-200 avg concurrent viewers with just the "intro ad" when you first click the stream would make about 20-30 USD a month from ad revenue.

So if you had a stream that was partnered (as affiliates do not get ad revenue) broadcasting a tournament and between matches they ran ad's to the same average above, it would ad up very quickly, and most likely help fund further events, this is of course outside donations.

Hope that helps make it a bit clearer.
4 Apr 2018, 16:57 PM
Senior Caster Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Apr 2018, 16:43 PMLago

Ad revenue is fairly small to be honest.

I am more focused on arguing the principles that you shouldn't try to make money off the back of others hard work. It's a message to anyone who is reading this that we're asking you to be considerate and that your contribution to the scene can be as little as allowing people to reap rewards from their work whether it's viewership, exclusive live casting, follows donations or ad revenue etc.

Just because it is Hans' full-time job to make money from Company of Heroes, it is not an excuse to use his status to overrun people's events and claim that he's contributing. Just because Hans is a long time member of this community he does not have the right to take a s*** on people who put hard work into providing tournament opportunities and watchable content for this community.

This wasn't my event and I'm not running the 2v2 cup. But if anyone thinks I will let someone take a dump on our community and members like this, friend or otherwise, they are mistaken.

4 Apr 2018, 17:01 PM

How about just stop letting this helpinghans guy play in tounaments you organize if he is just undermining them? Or do you need him more than he needs you?
4 Apr 2018, 17:02 PM

It's just yet another instance of "USE YOUR FUCKING TIGER!" In other words, him utterly failing to control himself in a fit of rage. Hardly disturbing.

Was USE YOUR FUCKING TIGER! Shouted to a sub/follower?
4 Apr 2018, 17:02 PM

Ad revenue is fairly small to be honest.

I am more focused on arguing the principles that you shouldn't try to make money off the back of others hard work. It's a message to anyone who is reading this that we're asking you to be considerate and that your contribution to the scene can be as little as allowing people to reap rewards from their work whether it's viewership, exclusive live casting, follows donations or ad revenue etc.

I agree with your position on this. I'm just trying to understand the intricacies of how the money works here.
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight