Login

russian armor

1v1 Soviet vs Ostheer Lost Glider

2 Apr 2018, 03:02 AM
Patrion 27

Anyone still doing replay reviews? I just came back from a very long break from COH2 and I'm struggling vs. Ostheer while getting some wins vs OKW. Thanks to anyone who checks it out.
https://www.coh2.org/replay/68924/1v1-soviet-vs-ostheer-lost-glider
2 Apr 2018, 18:36 PM

Sure bud.

I'm not a top player but ranked about 100-150 places above you.

If you can live with advice from this level, then I won't mind browsing a replay or two.

Just upload one and let me know :D
3 Apr 2018, 17:08 PM
Patrion 27

Sure bud.

I'm not a top player but ranked about 100-150 places above you.

If you can live with advice from this level, then I won't mind browsing a replay or two.

Just upload one and let me know :D

Silly me I thought I had put the link in here: https://www.coh2.org/replay/68924/1v1-soviet-vs-ostheer-lost-glider
8 Apr 2018, 12:03 PM

Sorry for the delay. Here is a review:

- Starting of with your doctrines and bulletins, everything looks pretty good. If I should say one thing it is that you could potentially consider the trade-off in what you're giving away of information to your opponent with the bulletins. if I had met you I would assume that you would go heavily into conscripts, tech t2 and build mines. The first two things are not a big deal, but the mines could potentially take away the element of surprise from the mines, so you could consider whether the slightly faster build time is worth it. an alternative could be the 3% accuracy increase to the conscript which is essentially a dps boost for a core infantry unit which will most likely be used en masse for the entirety of the match. But this is major nitpicking and obviously not a game changer feedback :)

- 3:00 don't waste time fighting grens in the church. in spite of the central position it actually dosen't cover that much important ground and has a lot of sight blockers, so if the opponent wants to camp there by all means let him. the two buildings north of the church and closer to your base are much more vital and it's important not to let him get an mg into any of them.

4.30 Only now do you start making claims to the east side of the map. while it is fine to challenge your opponent on the other side, sending just a single of your starting units to secure the other side could have given you a slightly better starting terms on ressources and intel.

6:00 good use of smoke to chase away the mg. This is an art often forgotten.

14:45 This is a bit late for getting out a t-70. While you couldn't have gotten it out much faster because of your fuel shortage, your opponent has managed to stack up a fair amount of fuel and this point, leaving the effective window of the t-70 to be much shorter than normal. A safer investment would most likely have been a su-76 as it has the range and penetration to pose a threat to armor.

21:00 at this point his fuel advantage is really starting to show with both a pz4 and ostwind on the field, while you still haven't even got the building for medium tanks. This is really the nightmare scenario for soviet and why it is so vital that ostheer does not get a fuel lead in the early game.

25:00 tant god for his misplay with the ostwind. If you haven't been lucky there then chances are that the match would have endned much sooner. Have you placed any mines up to this point? I haven't seen any. Remember to pretty much spam these whenever you have secured a territory. Prioritize roads for snaring vehicles and capture points, doorways and behind hard cover where you expect your opponent to place his men. Conversely you should also always get a sweeper unit of your own. You should never disrespect an opponent to the point where you don't expect him to lay mines. Especially when it is the killer Tellers.

30 mins. Nice job keeping your cool and taking out the tiger! That was unexpected :D

34: There you lay down what I think is the first mine. better late than never :P

44: What was the plan with that last minute t-70? A misclick or to take out infantry. At any rate it's a bit of a bad investment at this stage. t-34 or guards squad would probably have been better. I imagine it might have been to handle the mg in the west, but you have both a mortar and light atillery barrage from the zis to deal with that.

45. GG

Overall you did pretty good and I can't put down a finger on exactly where you went wrong. I think a big part of this was focusing too hard on contesting the opponents fuel in the beginning up to the point where you completely ignored securing your own. This lead to the other player having a significant fuel lead for the entirety of the game, which is really not something you want the wehrmacht to have. As such he could more or less bring bigger guns to bear on you than you could respond with. Other than that laying down some more mines might have made him play more conservatively with his armor and perhaps you ran your men directly into his mg a few times too many. Finally try to calculate when it is best for certain types of armor to hit the field. If you can't get a t-70 out before the 10 minute mark, then chances are it is better to save the fuel or get a su-76.

Hope this was somewhat helpfull :)
10 Apr 2018, 02:22 AM
Patrion 27

Sorry for the delay. Here is a review:

Thank you for your time and the feedback I really appreciate it!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 27
Germany 550

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment