Login

russian armor

Can't get more than 10 fps suddenly, was fine 2 days ago

24 Mar 2018, 03:15 AM

My CoH2 has been running perfectly for as long as I can remember, (other than the occasional lag in intense situations in 4v4s) until a couple of days ago I can hardly get more than 10 fps online making it virtually unplayable. My PC specs haven't changed and are way over the requirements anyway, changing the game settings does not seem to effect it much, if at all. All other games run fine.

Specs:
2 x AMD R9 390
8GB DDR4 3000MHz
AMD Ryzen 1600
CoH2 is installed on an SSD

Things I have tried:
Reboot
Verifying the game files on steam
Changing graphics settings.
Checking that my hardware is working.

Only other things I can think to try are rolling back drivers and trying to check that CoH2 is actually using all the resources available to it but I'm not sure how to do the latter and figured they were more of a hassle so I thought I'd ask here before I put the effort in in case I've overlooked something. :P
Thanks!
24 Mar 2018, 04:27 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Did you try disabling crossfire or using the other gpu for output?

There was a mini update for coh2 2 days ago, but that was a bugfix for campaign. Could be something fishy with that patch. Sometimes verify files doesn't always work, a fresh install might.
24 Mar 2018, 05:26 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Mar 2018, 04:27 AMTobis
There was a mini update for coh2 2 days ago, but that was a bugfix for campaign. Could be something fishy with that patch. Sometimes verify files doesn't always work, a fresh install might.

You said you are on an SSD as am I. My backup PC did not have enough space to do the update and failed. Steam then gave me a message saying I needed 22.5GB for the 89MB update. Because steam made a copy of the COH2 program and then never deleted it when it failed. Check your SSD for available space. Mayne something happened and your SSD is out of space so Windows is having trouble paging RAM to the SSD. Its along shot, but the timing is right.

Steam made the copy under C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\SteamApps\Downloading. The directory has a long number assigned as its name. I believe this folder should be empty after everything is updated. Mine was not. It had a copy of COH2 in it.

You also stated ONLINE is the issue. Network issues?
27 Mar 2018, 00:08 AM

So I installed the pre-release amd drivers and it seems a lot better, might just be a bug with the latest amd drivers, which wouldn't be too surprising to be honest. :P
27 Mar 2018, 17:48 PM

well... it worked yesterday and the day before perfectly. Today It's decided to not work again, I have absolutely no idea what's wrong or what to do, It is only CoH that is doing this.

Oh also I checked the downloads folder and stuff, it was empty and I have since reinstalled the game and put it on a different drive with 1TB free space. Also I can confirm when it does this, it is both online and skirmish, I have now tested both.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★