Login

russian armor

The hypocrisy in CoH2

15 Mar 2018, 08:34 AM

Permanently Banned
Recently I noticed that the "diversion" ability on the Ost officer now costs 25 munis. I challenge anyone to show me why this ability needed to be nerfed. It doesn't even work half the time (like the ambush camo). I've haven't seen any thread complaining about this. As well, this change has been quietly implemented without notifying the players on the forum.

However, this change is hardly the end of the world. More importantly, this means that the balance team is actively working on the game which is to be applauded. What is not to be applauded, however, is that they don't understand the word "priority." Since someone on the balance team had the time to change the cost of an unreliable and rarely used ability, that person is basically saying that "diversion" is more threatening than 7 pop cap 5man sections (same as a volk). Are these 2 units even remotely comparable in firepower?! Or the fact that all that needs to be done to solve the op SU sniper is to simply increase the DPS modifier of 222/kubel mg vs SU sniper. Or the fact that penals completely replace cons. I can go on and on. However, I will find it hard to believe that anyone thinks that any of this op allied cheese is less of a problem than "diversion." I can't understand the amount of nitpicking the balance team has done to Ost but has neglected far more blatantly op allied units.

I think the balance team should come out and post their playercards for everyone to see. How did Relic choose who is on the balance team? Was there a poll or vote from the playerbase or did Relic just hand the game off to a bunch of players that self proclaim to be experts. I'm not sure who's on the team but I heard that Mr. Smith, Miragefla and Sturmpanther. Looking at the playercards, I respect that Miragefla and Sturm obviously know their stuff but Mr. Smith isn't even ranked. I hope all the other balance team members tell us who they are. The most recent patch is undeniably and massively allied and team biased and destroyed 1v1 balance. Especially for Ost 1v1. I used to be top 150 now I can barely hold onto 300. I've played only 1/10 the # of games as SU yet my SU rank right now is actually higher at about 240.

In summary, the balance team need to lookup the definition of priority and fix stuff that is actually important right now.
15 Mar 2018, 09:41 AM

The balance's team player-cards do not matter. And there's always a bit of ninja'ing in every patch. The modders introduced themselves in the forums and were engaging with players during the months of the feedback-loop. They did everything great.

I think you calling balancing in CoH2 a hypocrisy because you cant find the values that you want to see on the modder's player-cards and that they don't match your own player-card, is in itself, a hypocritical judgement. Ironic, isn't it?

You're a few months late anyway. The Winter Balance Patch Previews are long gone. You should pop back to the forums with weird bias theories when the next public iteration of a balance patch is in work.
15 Mar 2018, 12:53 PM

The balance's team player-cards do not matter. And there's always a bit of ninja'ing in every patch. The modders introduced themselves in the forums and were engaging with players during the months of the feedback-loop. They did everything great.

They had their own little agendas when it came to certain things. Their hands were also tied by Relic on many things.

Saying they did everything great and were open to discuss everything is a lie. They did great things with the mods and patches, but they often ignored things that went against their personal or relic's wishes.

It is also interesting that you say the balance modders's playercards don't matter. It seems anyone trying to make balance suggestions, needs a serious player card. Those calling the shots suddenly don't? Or are you saying that half of the balance team, like MR Smith, only play team games and primarily allies?

I am a known fanboy, yet the balance modders are somehow immune to such bias, even when their actual playing history indicates to such a mental state.
15 Mar 2018, 15:19 PM

Permanently Banned

I think you calling balancing in CoH2 a hypocrisy because you cant find the values that you want to see on the modder's player-cards and that they don't match your own player-card, is in itself, a hypocritical judgement. Ironic, isn't it?

You're a few months late anyway. The Winter Balance Patch Previews are long gone. You should pop back to the forums with weird bias theories when the next public iteration of a balance patch is in work.

I was VERY active on official forums during WBP but as usual the balance team simply carried out their OWN agendas.
15 Mar 2018, 15:33 PM

It's blatantly obvious the community patchers pushed their own agenda and even biases into the latest patch.

1) First they claimed the Panther "wasn't in the scope".

2) After major backlash from the community they somehow managed to touch the Panther anyways.

3) Only to then give it (other) nerfs to keep the unit insignificant.

I don't know how you can come to another conclusion.
15 Mar 2018, 15:36 PM

The patches come from Relic. Relic and Relic alone has responsibility for the patches.

The Modders have their MOD that they are responsible for.
15 Mar 2018, 15:47 PM

I was VERY active on official forums during WBP but as usual the balance team simply carried out their OWN agendas.

They most likely didn't like your agenda that you were presenting to them. And obviously they won't listen to your suggestions if you approach the modders with the same passive aggressive tone that you're using here.

Nevertheless, there's never any reason having to force player-cards at any point just to demonstrate something, whilst screaming out bias if a person does not play insert favourite side enough.
15 Mar 2018, 16:01 PM

The true meta-game of CoH2 is trying desperately to hide one's own agenda while identifying and dismantling everyone else's.

You see, as the battle wages, we too operate behind the scenes in covert ways and try to influence the way the war goes through our own subtle means.

15 Mar 2018, 16:08 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post15 Mar 2018, 15:33 PMButcher
It's blatantly obvious the community patchers pushed their own agenda and even biases into the latest patch.

1) First they claimed the Panther "wasn't in the scope".

2) After major backlash from the community they somehow managed to touch the Panther anyways.

3) Only to then give it (other) nerfs to keep the unit insignificant.

I don't know how you can come to another conclusion.

Totally agree. They did the same to the Ostwind. Got rid of the terrain collision, but the accuracy nerf was so significant at long range that even with the large AoE profile of Ostwind shells, they were outright missing their target. The Ostwind is just as bad as before. I've seen many top level matches and the popularity of the Ostwind is still very low.
15 Mar 2018, 16:43 PM

Oh yes, you were.

Literally every singular post you've made there was raging on how OP usf is and how everything ost should only be buffed, often both at the same time.

You called AEC in current state op and tried to claim that mythical "many USF players" only you have ever seen agreed to limit zooks to one per squad.

You wanted further nerfs for cons and to limit accessibility of their upgrades.

You think 3 mainline infantry squads are spam.

Silliness from you in that thread flows without end.
I kind of enjoy how ironically, you made yourself a subject of the thread.
15 Mar 2018, 17:39 PM

The game is balanced around top players and tournaments. In king of the hill, every faction won a number of times, and the game is very close to being even.
People just remember the good old times of picking okw or brit and crushing anything that opposes them. All I ask is to keep the game fairly even. If win rates are within a 10% difference, i will be happy. If you think the modders are biased vs allies look what they did to brits.
15 Mar 2018, 17:58 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post15 Mar 2018, 16:43 PMKatitof

Oh yes, you were.

Literally every singular post you've made there was raging on how OP usf is and how everything ost should only be buffed, often both at the same time.

You called AEC in current state op and tried to claim that mythical "many USF players" only you have ever seen agreed to limit zooks to one per squad.

You wanted further nerfs for cons and to limit accessibility of their upgrades.

You think 3 mainline infantry squads are spam.

Silliness from you in that thread flows without end.
I kind of enjoy how ironically, you made yourself a subject of the thread.

"further nerfs for cons." I advocated for buffs for cons. How delusional are you Katitof? Never called 3 inf a "spam." AEC is definitely op. Vs Ost, many players get in in 1v1 to act like a stuart that arrives far earlier than a stuart. Unlike OKW, at guns come out at tier 2. There should be no mg on the AEC. The only things op I said regarding USF is smoke spam and double upgradeable RE squads. That's it. As usual, Katitof you exaggerate quite shamelessly. I wouldn't expect less from u.

Speaking of irony, you love the idea that cons get vet 1 RA bonus spread out, I think it's great too. But when people talk about vet 1 for grens, you call it op. LOL. Both units are underpowered. Cons are now fixed but you're obviously an allied fanboy to disagree on grens.
15 Mar 2018, 18:49 PM

The true meta-game of CoH2 is trying desperately to hide one's own agenda while identifying and dismantling everyone else's.

You see, as the battle wages, we too operate behind the scenes in covert ways and try to influence the way the war goes through our own subtle means.

==============

!!!
Ooh sheit, someone gets it :) +1 sir, and well done.

This is it. Exactly it.
15 Mar 2018, 20:15 PM

==============

!!!
Ooh sheit, someone gets it :) +1 sir, and well done.

This is it. Exactly it.

coh2.org is just a digital version of this

16 Mar 2018, 16:24 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

coh2.org is just a digital version of this

:D Problem here is that the decoding always gets lost in translation. ;)

And this is the anthem of those who moderate or try to understand the Balance forums :(

16 Mar 2018, 17:03 PM

We strongly need Vasa here, he is the expert of hypocrisy :)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★