Login

russian armor

How to deal with Halftrack Mortars as UKF

14 Mar 2018, 21:41 PM

My 2v2 partner who usually plays brits while I play soviets is having trouble dealing with mortar halftracks. Normally he goes counterbarrage when he sees mortar spam trying to counter his emplacements. Sadly this is nowhere near as effective vs the mortar halftracks. He gets very nervous about using light vehicles outside of the bren carrier with a wasp because he doesn't feel they give enough protection against being chased down by infantry. In light of this I have been encouraging him to communicate more about it so I can send SU76s to his side to deal with it.

When I scrim against him to test how to deal with it I just don't build emplacements and dive his base with an AEC to take them out.

Any suggestions?
16 Mar 2018, 08:07 AM

AEC is the correct way here.
1 May 2018, 20:45 PM

AEC is a solid choice, or I have been using Royal Artillery Regiment and just using the concentration barrage on them, the flare is much more subtle than most arty flares and seeing as most people online are blind you can squish them pretty easily with airburst and 25 pdrs without them even noticing. Cromwell/churchill dive is good later on, or could try sniping it with a 6 pdr when it reveals itself. Also remember all you have to do is kill it once early on, if they build it again they're delaying armour so you have the fuel advantage.

Other thing is that mortar half track is normally used on barrage mode not auto fire so if you're getting shot at by one just move your stuff like 10 feet to the left or right and the whole barrage is rendered pointless. Just remember to check for that every minute or so.

edit: oops bit of a necro, just scrolling through the forums.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 30
unknown 5

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment