Login

russian armor

German Armour too Expensive

13 Mar 2018, 06:12 AM

Ever since the last patch removed the armour from the German tanks, the prices don't match the utility of the vehicles. Most German tanks could afford to be at least 10 fuel less to match allied armors cost effectiveness.
13 Mar 2018, 09:30 AM
Senior Caster Badge
Patrion 39

Could you please tell me which axis tanks got their armour reduced last patch? I believe it was only the 10% vet 2 bonus for the panther & jp4.
13 Mar 2018, 09:34 AM

What German tanks got armor nerfs last patch?
13 Mar 2018, 09:55 AM

Imo the problem is not the German tanks but the effectiveness of Allied TDs against them.
13 Mar 2018, 12:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Mar 2018, 06:12 AMsinthe
Ever since the last patch removed the armour from the German tanks, the prices don't match the utility of the vehicles. Most German tanks could afford to be at least 10 fuel less to match allied armors cost effectiveness.

No armor was removed from a singular axis unit.

Overpowered veterancy Bonus was cut off from 2nd most armored non doctrinal vehicle in game.
13 Mar 2018, 14:30 PM

No German tank had its armor directly reduced.

I bet the Stug III is too expensive.
13 Mar 2018, 14:49 PM

No German tank had its armor directly reduced.

I bet the Stug III is too expensive.

Stug and jagpanzer are the only cost effective german armour.
13 Mar 2018, 15:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Mar 2018, 09:55 AMVipper
Imo the problem is not the German tanks but the effectiveness of Allied TDs against them.

How dare those allied tanks fighting back against superiour german armour!
13 Mar 2018, 15:10 PM

How dare those allied tanks fighting back against superiour german armour!

Pls try to read and understand before responding.

I wrote the efficiency of allied TDs not tanks.
13 Mar 2018, 15:23 PM

All I'm saying is, that the lost of the vet 2 armour bonus, in conjunction with the other minor nerfs, have made the high-end German armour obsolete because of their cost efficiency ratio.

2 stugs over a panther is always the answer. 2 Jagpanzer over a panther is always the answer. Why is there so much hate towards the panther, it's never been a viable unit to use because it just ends up facing an overwhelming number of allied tanks as it comes out.

Edit:grammar
13 Mar 2018, 15:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Mar 2018, 15:10 PMVipper

Try to read and understand before responding.

If you want to have extremely high armor value axis tanks in game, you need to have highly efficient allied TDs to counter them.

Sorry, can't have one without the other.
13 Mar 2018, 15:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Mar 2018, 15:41 PMKatitof

If you want to have extremely high armor value axis tanks in game, you need to have highly efficient allied TDs to counter them.

Sorry, can't have one without the other.

And there is little point in paying more to get a vehicle with high armor if that armor does not actually have an impact.

Especially since ostheer armor is supposed to be used for pushing since the infantry is defensively oriented.
13 Mar 2018, 15:52 PM

You may end up with on-release stats of the KT if there is too much impact.
13 Mar 2018, 15:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Mar 2018, 15:50 PMVipper

And there is little point in paying more to get a vehicle with high armor if that armor does not actually have an impact.

Especially since ostheer armor is supposed to be used for pushing since the infantry is defensively oriented.

Then simply do not get them.

Meta of rushing for heaviest armor possible is dead.
Time for axis players to accept that fact, move on and remind themselves that there are units before P5, P6 and KT.
13 Mar 2018, 16:01 PM

What
I see Only Panther Armor skirt will Remove (320 very high need 352 ? )
Expensive ? what you panzer you think Overcost by performance ?
13 Mar 2018, 16:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Mar 2018, 15:58 PMKatitof

Time for axis players to accept that fact, move on and remind themselves that there are units before P5, P6 and KT.

That does not work either because all allied TDs are cost efficient vs PzIV and all allied factions have access to cheap AT weapon in durable infantry.

The solution lies in balancing "super heavies" tanks and the rest of vehicles separately.

That can be done by a numbers of way.

For instance, like greatly increasing the TS of "super heavies" and have specially munition against with high penetration low accuracy.

In the end of the day if Relic is incapably of balancing the "super heavies" they should impose what even restrictions they see fit or even completely remove and make sure the balance the rest of the unit in logical manner.

Not getting Panther or Tiger is not a solution either, because its the only vehicle with enough penetration to deal with allied premiums and above.

Especially for Ostheer armor is their way to start pushing and currently it fails miserably.
13 Mar 2018, 16:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Mar 2018, 15:58 PMKatitof

Panzer 4s dont exactly preform well against allied TD either. I understand that TDs are supposed to counter heavies, but right now the Jackson is overpreforming and the KT is underpreforming.
13 Mar 2018, 16:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Mar 2018, 15:10 PMVipper

Pls try to read and understand before responding.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Ekins
Wittmann's fate reflected that new reality: after transfer to France, his crew only
lasted two months, and was destroyed by a British medium tank, the up-gunned Sherman Firefly.[59]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Wittmann
He gained recognition for his action as a tank gunner in France in which he destroyed four tanks
in a day, including three Tigers (Tiger tanks numbers 312, 009 & 314).[6] One of his opponents
on that day, 8 August 1944 near St. Aignan de Cramesnil, France may have been the German tank
commander Michael Wittmann.[1][3][4][5]

1 Firefly rapes 3 tigers and another tank in a single day (incl. Wittman most likely)

MG42 rapes infantry blobs.
PAK40 rapes Shermans/T34s.
Firefly rapes Panther, Tiger.

How dare allied counters cost less than expensive German units?!?
Bonus: Allied infantry costs more than Axis infantry most of the time.

Yes. StuIIIG is more efficient vs Allied Armor. It's a tank destroyer.
Yes. Allied TDs rape Heavy German Armor. It's a tank destroyer.

StuIIIG rape IS-2 and Pershing, KV1, KV8 too. You don't see me crying.
13 Mar 2018, 16:26 PM

I still see Panthers getting used, often times very effectively, in team games (2v2 and above) all the time. In fact, if the game ever gets to that stage, it's basically a guarantee that axis players will use panthers.

I really want to spectate the games of people who make some ridiculous claims like "X unit is absolutely useless".

I imagine I'll see a lot of attack-move followed by looking away.
13 Mar 2018, 16:28 PM

Panzer 4s dont exactly preform well against allied TD either. I understand that TDs are supposed to counter heavies, but right now the Jackson is overpreforming and the KT is underpreforming.

MG42 is only supposed to counter guards and Rangers. I don't understand why it destroys
conscripts and Rear Echelons, too. Or soviet Engineers. It shouldn't!!!

But I do agree that King Tiger should perhaps be buffed.
Actually, I believe Heavy Tanks shouldn't be behind a CP wall. Very often, I never
see a heavy tank (save KV1, KV8, Churchills) in a game. It'd be nice to see them more.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS