Login

russian armor

Iron Harvest kickstarter goes live tomorrow

12 Mar 2018, 12:29 PM
Donator 11

For those unjaded by Kickstarter type funding The Iron Harvest Kickstarter campaign launches 13th March. For those unfamiliar it is a heavily COH influenced game with diesel punk mechs using the work of the artist seen in the Scythe board game.
12 Mar 2018, 13:16 PM

After seeing the iron harvest video gameplay i was like it's huummmmm coh2 with mech, and i feel confused like it look like a pale copy with the cover system and evrything else.I was hoping something a bit different. I'd like to see more to have a better opinion because right now it look like too much of COH 2.
12 Mar 2018, 14:16 PM

lol kickstarter

that means we wait 3 years and then get a crap game
12 Mar 2018, 22:32 PM

company isn't as know as Relic was then and also... they ont have millions like Lelic or SEGA. Anyway, they've been telling that it's somewhat similar to CoH, with cover system etc. just bcs Lelic made game like that first doesnt it mean that all games like that are copy-paste? pls
13 Mar 2018, 00:17 AM
Master Mapmaker Badge

Should be a good game, hopefully this or Ancestors is actually successful and does well.
19 Mar 2018, 08:24 AM
Patrion 15

company isn't as know as Relic was then and also... they ont have millions like Lelic or SEGA. Anyway, they've been telling that it's somewhat similar to CoH, with cover system etc. just bcs Lelic made game like that first doesnt it mean that all games like that are copy-paste? pls

Do You Support the kickstarter Barton?
19 Mar 2018, 09:20 AM

i dont get why people actually like fantasy robot trash, but thats just me i guess
19 Mar 2018, 21:14 PM

I actually had a thought about this series and I don't know any of the lore behind its setting...

But I wonder if things like rockets exist in their universe, as recoil less rifles like bazookas and schrecks were invented in the 30s...
19 Mar 2018, 22:01 PM
Donator 11

It’s an alternative Russian civil war but the sides have diesel mechs and slightly silly names. Inspiration will have come from the armoured trains and the multiple factions involved in the conflict. Scythe, the board game inspired by the setting in addition to ‘Rusviet, Polania and Saxony have Crimean tartars, Albion (England) and even Japan (can’t remember their made up name). These were all participants in the civil war and attempts to interfere in it. They also have a Nordic faction that is probably the Finns but is placed geographically where one of the White Russian forces made its main thrust.
21 Mar 2018, 00:27 AM

This looks like a combination of MoW and CoH if you neglected the best parts about both games. Looks like a pure tactics game without the 4D chess of CoH and without the complexity/realism of MoW. 4D tic tac toe seems like a fitting description of this game.
21 Mar 2018, 19:47 PM

Id have to agree with Basilone on this one. The game does not look as good at people are saying it is.
22 Mar 2018, 08:41 AM
Patrion 15

I’d say let’s wait and see what happens in a few months... the stuff what was shown is in such an early stadium... I like the setting and the idea, so I hope they get a really good game
Iri
22 Mar 2018, 10:16 AM

i dont get why people actually like fantasy robot trash, but thats just me i guess

Im with you bro. Real WW2 is real WW2.
22 Mar 2018, 10:34 AM

The gameplay I've seen looks 100% copied from coh/dow2. And on their website they say all they care about is singleplayer campaign. Well, all I care about is multiplayer :D
Also wh40k dreadnoughts look much cooler then trashcans on legs.
Also it's in pre-alpha now so we'll have to wait and see how it turns out.
23 Mar 2018, 11:10 AM

They also care about multiplayer and it's gonna be implemented in the game anyways.
23 Mar 2018, 13:02 PM

I don't understand why I have to give them money to make the game? Am I missing something? Are the days over, where we give a company money for a finished product?
23 Mar 2018, 16:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Mar 2018, 13:02 PMNosliw
I don't understand why I have to give them money to make the game? Am I missing something? Are the days over, where we give a company money for a finished product?

They are trying to get money before people realize the games not going to be anywhere near their expectations

Cashing in on Hype while its high IMO
23 Mar 2018, 17:12 PM

Because they need to pay to be able to make it. This is a fairly common thing with indie studios.
24 Mar 2018, 00:02 AM
Donator 11

Rightly or wrongly its about control. The more money you bring to the table (or the more finished product) the less control you have to cede to the corporate funders (publishers). In this case (they have 4 kickstarted games made before) they want to develop around $2million of the game first (with $1million of their own funds already invested) before bringing a publisher on board.

Many kickstarters turn to dust but I have backed several and they all came out ok. The sums are often small and I think it keeps the games industry healthy and dynamic.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 32
unknown 5

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment