Login

russian armor

How to reduce early game sniper efficiency in 1v1

2 Mar 2018, 19:10 PM

Like the title says. Does anyone have tips or a replay for how to play against early double sov sniper as Ostheer? I made 4 grens to be as agressive as possible, without an mg or a sniper, but it ended with the sov snipers having a combined kill count of 20 to 26 total kills before the first vehicle even hit the field. The map was Langreskaya and the sov player followed up with guard spam.
2 Mar 2018, 19:59 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Best bet is to hide behind shot blockers with grens and cap with pios. G43s ASAP from preferably lightning war or Jaegar infantry. You'll both be capping slowly probably because snipers don't prioritize capping usually over hitting models. But you will lose ground slowly probably until you can get a good flank off and force their retreats.

I recommend Gren spam with G43s as I said above. When the guards come out try and blob up the grens and close in on the guards. G43s have astounding rate of fire in close quarters. If that doesn't cut it then MG42s to hold back the guards.
2 Mar 2018, 20:56 PM
Donator 11

You can try building a mortar, especially if you are playing from the south. Then you can hide it from the snipers behind the big hedge in the middle. Ostheer mortar is one of the most cost effective units in game and it is very good against expensive, defencive squads such as guards. Against snipers just use attack ground a lot and you will wipe them sooner or later. They can actually die to one mortar round at full health.

No matter what you do against snipers, remember that even losing one model of the sniper team is already a hard hit to his manpower economy. Even if you don't manage to kill entire team, if you keep killing the models his snipers may become more of a liability than asset. If you are good with snipers, you can also use ostheer sniper to do that - as long as you know where both teams are to avoid getting sniped.

Lastly, I would like to add that all scout planes reveal camoed units. You can use that to your advantage, either to keep your squads safe, perform a match-winning flank, or a mortar snipe.
3 Mar 2018, 21:06 PM

In that game I went double flame 251, which went pretty well (killed one sniper by driving over a mine o_O). I also got the officer from the Assault Support doctrine to continually smoke the snipers. I won in the end, but the next time I see it, I'll try the g43's from the Elite Troops doctrine and be more efficient with flanking/amassing/hiding at the right time, with a mortar to keep him moving.

Edit: thanks for the help!
3 Mar 2018, 21:07 PM

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight