Login

russian armor

UKF/Brits suggestion.

27 Feb 2018, 12:08 PM

Hello, so after some gameplay with the new British after the DBP and viewing of stats and win-loss ratios I've come to the conclusion that the British are now a broken Army, not OP and UP but just broken and un-fun.

The problem is the British over-reliance on their mortar pit which now has a lower auto barrage range and needs to be babysit to be effective, now I understand that excessive micro is something which is usual for the competitive scene, it's not however favorable in the casual or the bigger 3v3/4v4 scenes.

Now to me as many of you know and as much as I've repeated myself the solution to the problem is Planet Smasher's Artillery Pit, now most of you will say that Relic will never go through with this because it's a radical change, however those people might be forgetting that the community balance team also tested out some radical changes for the pit in the DBP review by it having to start with only 1 mortar and a lower cost and then being upgraded to 2 mortars and so forth. Others will say that giving the British a mortar will make them less like unique snowflakes and more like a properly designed and balanced Army, for which I will say that no other Army will be able to garrison it's mortar like the Brits, on top of that special properties can be given to their mortar to make them more "unique" in terms of stats and the sort.

Now to get to the main meat of this topic:

What I propose is a radical redesign for the British, giving the player more choice in terms of what he wants to do with the Army.

Now what that would look like is this:

Apart from the 3 Infantry related upgrades in the HQ Hammer and Anvil will also be added as a 4th and 5th upgrade that will dictate the British unique deeper specialization into either being more static and defensive or more mobile and aggressive. The Bofors and AEC upgrades will be removed.

There however be a 3rd choice which will allow the British to be a sort of jack of all trades but master of none, and that will be by making no choice at all.

Stock the British will have Their IS, Vickers MG, UC, Sappers, Sniper, Planet Smasher's Artillery Pit, Cromwell and Firefly.

Now some special properties to have this mix of both defensive and aggressive is that for example the IS will retain their trench and sandbag building capabilities but have no bonuses when in cover, they'll just be an ordinary mainline infantry unit. The sappers won't have it from their vet as well and so forth.

Choosing Hammer will give access to the Mortar team, AEC Mk III and Comet on top of their stock units except for the Artillery Pit. The British will be a more mobile Army however they will lose all of their defensive building capabilities, so no more Trenches for the IS, just sandbags, and like I said no more Artillery Pit, the Mortars will be on their own.

On top of that Mobile Assault's active ability can be given as a 6th ability for example to boost the aggressiveness of the British infantry.

Choosing Anvil will give the British access to the MG nest(Base ones, they replace the mobile Vickers MG team), Mortar Pit(replaces mortar teams and the Artillery Pit), Bofors, 17 Pounder and Churchill Infantry tank, as well as the current Anvil bonuses, same as Hammer. Now the IS lose their sandbag building capabilities here and get the cover fire rate bonus like now, same as for the Sappers. Another thing that can be done is the Advanced Emplacements' fortified defensive upgrade can be given to Anvil and in it's stead be replaced with for example tank traps.

I would love to make a mod of this and present it to the community however sadly I am limited in time and I'm afraid that I will not be able to fix it after the next update fucks with it.

Thanks for reading my wall of text, cheers and have a nice day.
27 Feb 2018, 12:20 PM

Brits are in ok status. problem is the super sov meta right now, which let the most players choose this faction insteed the brits.

Brits was in a boring status because mostly all units overperfomed and there was no fun because you had overall a big advantage against the enemy...which make it boring over long time.
27 Feb 2018, 12:23 PM

Brits are in ok status. problem is the super sov meta right now, which let the most players choose this faction insteed the brits.

Brits was in a boring status because mostly all units overperfomed and there was no fun because you had overall a big advantage against the enemy...which make it boring over long time.

Thank you for your insight on the design problems of the British from your long time accumulated experience from playing the OKW.

It's really helpful.
27 Feb 2018, 12:27 PM

Thank you for your insight on the design problems of the British from your long time accumulated experience from playing the OKW.

It's really helpful.

my nearly 100 games showed my one thing: they was overperformed, thats why they was nerfed hard. in the patches. this overperforming is in my eyes boring. I dont want a tank which shredds alle unit in 1-2 sec. i dont want a bofors which deal with whole armys. i dont want a super troops which can shredd all enemy unit in sec. and so on...
27 Feb 2018, 12:29 PM

Hello, so after some gameplay with the new British after the DBP

Which gameplay exactly? May you explain this to me?

http://www.companyofheroes.com/leaderboards#profile/steam/76561198038732900/standings

Comp stomps? Custom games on sheldt?
27 Feb 2018, 12:43 PM

Which gameplay exactly? May you explain this to me?

http://www.companyofheroes.com/leaderboards#profile/steam/76561198038732900/standings

Comp stomps? Custom games on sheldt?

What is your point exactly, we are playing the same Army with the same stats, units and balance. I am not even talking about balance here, and never have, like I've said before it's the design I have a problem with, I think I have enough experience to suggest and provide some insight on probable design solutions.

So for now until you give some more solid grounds on which I cannot and should not make suggestions based upon my experience concerning Army design I suggest you piss off if you have nothing more valuable to contribute to the discussion.

And again, this is not a balance "plox buff this unit" topic, it's an Army design suggestion.
27 Feb 2018, 12:48 PM

What is your point exactly, we are playing the same Army with the same stats, units and balance. I am not even talking about balance here, and never have, like I've said before it's the design I have a problem with, I think I have enough experience to suggest and provide some insight on probable design solutions.

So for now until you give some more solid grounds on which I cannot and should not make suggestions based upon my experience concerning Army design I suggest you piss off if you have nothing more valuable to contribute to the discussion.

And again, this is not a balance "plox buff this unit" topic, it's an Army design suggestion.

I was just asking a simple question tbh, and not ranting vs your suggestions. Everybody with half a brain sees the terrible design flaws of UKF. No snares, no useful indirect fire (anymore). And usually you need to try compensating those flaws with linear and cheesy strats (inf section spam etc)
27 Feb 2018, 13:32 PM

I was just asking a simple question tbh, and not ranting vs your suggestions. Everybody with half a brain sees the terrible design flaws of UKF. No snares, no useful indirect fire (anymore). And usually you need to try compensating those flaws with linear and cheesy strats (inf section spam etc)

And why aren't we trying to fix that instead of trying and failing at keeping their bad core design just for the sole purpose of being "unique"?

Humanity honestly baffles me, there is a problem, it's obvious there is a problem as you said, and people just try to go around it instead of directly trying to solve it, why is that?
27 Feb 2018, 13:37 PM

i dont want a bofors which deal with whole armys. .

Uhh, please elaborate? Remind me when the Bofors was OP? Sure, pre- patch brace made it very difficult, but isn't the bofors a noob trap more than anything else right now.
27 Feb 2018, 13:47 PM

LOL, the guy with nothing than a thousand OKW games flames my suggestion for an Army he hasn't probably ever played with even.

Hmm...but in this case i have more games played than you...you have 0 ..i have nearly 100.

I told you thats brits was unfunny for me. Why should i play them? they are boring and was to easy. I like challenges ----not easy chessy sim city and win
27 Feb 2018, 14:20 PM

Hmm...but in this case i have more games played than you...you have 0 ..i have nearly 100.

I told you thats brits was unfunny for me. Why should i play them? they are boring and was to easy. I like challenges ----not easy chessy sim city and win

I don't think your brain can acknowledge any other information other than what is provided in my playercard, and neither can Katitof probably.

And if the British are too "unfunny" to you I see no point in you being here other than to troll, so again if you have nothing helpful to add to the topic please just leave.
27 Feb 2018, 14:42 PM

My first post was:

"Brits are in ok status. problem is the super sov meta right now, which let the most players choose this faction insteed the brits.

Brits was in a boring status because mostly all units overperfomed and there was no fun because you had overall a big advantage against the enemy...which make it boring over long time."

There is no trolling etc. It was a conclusion from point of view. It was the actually gamestatus...everybody play sov because of super strongness actually. THis is not a lie etc...
And that i never played brits very much ...i told you why. No trolling etc. You was the first who flamed my playercard...
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 127
unknown 31
South Africa 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak