Login

russian armor

Help with Accuracy of Anti Air Guns

20 Feb 2018, 21:22 PM

I want to shoot down more planes.
I can litter the map with Bofors, m17 Meat-Choppers, AA Halftrack, even the darn truck with it's 50 cal will pepper the air trying to shoot down one plane.

I want to increase the accuracy of these guns in my mod, but I can't find where Accuracy vs Air is set.

Can someone please post what I should edit to make the guns hit those darn planes.

20 Feb 2018, 22:47 PM
Modmaker Badge

Go to the weapon and add criticals vs aircraft to shot down planes.
Basically, the planes are almost invensibles, because they have 1000 of armor front/rear. Then basically the only way to take them down is with criticals "on deflection" in the weapon extension.

Do a requirement action with two options:

a. Vehicle destroy
b. No critical

Required unit type=aircraft

Toy with the numbers and you will get it.
21 Feb 2018, 22:32 PM

Wow, 1k Armor and HP. Thank you for that info. I had no idea airplanes were vehicles, I thought they were static objects, like a building. Just a delivery of the ability.

So I went about it a bit differently, I changed the 6 plane files to 1 Armor and 10 HP. What a difference it makes. Can actually shoot down those buggers.

Thanks you for the info again!
25 Feb 2018, 03:26 AM
Modmaker Badge

You are welcome, happy to help you
25 Feb 2018, 06:29 AM

1000 armour on planes...

This is why we can't have nice things.
1 Mar 2018, 22:00 PM

Ha ok now running into a new issue...
Now the bombs are being dropped WITH NO PLANE!
It's the loud rrrrrRRRRRRRRRAAAAAHHHHHH..... BOOOOOOOM!!! one.
Think it's the "stuka_bombing_strike".
Before the tweak, one plane would fly over, then the other would deliver the bomb. No it's just the sound, the boom, and no plane.

So I undid the edit to the planes, and did the crit hit via the guns.
Same effect. I put the AA gun crit to 50% (50/50).

Any ideas, or do the germans have some other artillery ability that does the same thing?
2 Mar 2018, 10:30 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Some airstrike abilities aren't really dropped by planes, there's just a plane flying overhead for "flavour" and the bombs (or whatever it is) are dropped from thin air. If you want to prevent that, you'll have to edit the ability so attacks actually come from the plane.
2 Mar 2018, 13:00 PM

Some airstrike abilities aren't really dropped by planes, there's just a plane flying overhead for "flavour" and the bombs (or whatever it is) are dropped from thin air. If you want to prevent that, you'll have to edit the ability so attacks actually come from the plane.

Well ain't that some sh!t..
Could you point me in the right direction on what I'd need to edit in the file to make it come from a plane?
7 Mar 2018, 10:20 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Well ain't that some sh!t..
Could you point me in the right direction on what I'd need to edit in the file to make it come from a plane?

It's a bit of work, but you can have a look at the stuka_fragmentation_bomb and stuka_incendiary_bombs abilities for reference. These are actually dropped by planes, but are otherwise quite similar. Basically clone one of them along with the corresponding plane squad and entity and change that to drop one 50kg bomb instead, adjust the UI stuff and that should more or less do it! Feel free to ask if you need any more help, though. I can make a small example mod, if that would help you.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS