Login

russian armor

Penals are currently unbalanced

25 Feb 2018, 18:50 PM

WHAT!?!?

This is counter to everything I learned in the past few years. Was this changed at some point? I mean this was why you never merged cons into shocks. Or is that because while they get the ppsh they dont get the armor?

They get the ppsh, they do not get armor.

You can test in game by zooming in and seeing what weapon they carry or watch closely during merge, you will see conscripts model pulling a different weapon from their backs.
25 Feb 2018, 18:59 PM

WHAT!?!?

This is counter to everything I learned in the past few years. Was this changed at some point? I mean this was why you never merged cons into shocks. Or is that because while they get the ppsh they dont get the armor?

1) It works like that since pre release alpha.
2) You didn't merged cons with shocks, because you would be losing 100 to 50% of durability, depending on the period they had 2 or 1,5 armor.
25 Feb 2018, 19:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Feb 2018, 18:50 PMVipper

They get the ppsh, they do not get armor.

You can test in game by zooming in and seeing what weapon they carry or watch closely during merge, you will see conscripts model pulling a different weapon from their backs.

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Feb 2018, 18:59 PMKatitof

1) It works like that since pre release alpha.
2) You didn't merged cons with shocks, because you would be losing 100 to 50% of durability, depending on the period they had 2 or 1,5 armor.

I guess my misunderstanding was only reinforced because when partisans picked up a crew weapon they kept their ppsh... (and for a brief period in time their cloak as well). I also seem to remember being told that shock troops picking up crew weapons meant the crew would have ppsh and armor, but not any of the reinforcements.

two different emchanics though I get it. recrew vs merge.

25 Feb 2018, 19:45 PM

I guess my misunderstanding was only reinforced because when partisans picked up a crew weapon they kept their ppsh... (and for a brief period in time their cloak as well). I also seem to remember being told that shock troops picking up crew weapons meant the crew would have ppsh and armor, but not any of the reinforcements.

two different emchanics though I get it. recrew vs merge.

Because if you crew team weapon with a squad, then you create second identical squad, just with a team weapon.

Its perfectly possible to have HMG42 with STG44 crew, HF flanking it then.
And reinforcements will be from that same squad, so they will have both, armor/rec acc and weapon of squad that picked it up.

Only special weapons do not transfer.
1 Mar 2018, 20:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Feb 2018, 17:52 PMKatitof
That's incorrect as well, if you check DPS curves of all squads, the one singular squad in game that isn't much, much more effective at closer ranges then longer are tommies as grens and volks DPS goes up all the way to CQC where they both considerably outDPS cons. You'd be right if volks/grens had DPS curve similar to that of Tommies. What allows cons to have a go at them is reliability of DPS(post patch) and luck to not suffer too much dmg on approach. You can't approach under the cover at all times and both axis mainline infatry gets stock upgrades which further contributed to ineffectiveness of volks.

You meant Conscripts. Not Volks.
The ineffectiveness of Volks? :)
1 Mar 2018, 20:48 PM

You meant Conscripts. Not Volks.
The ineffectiveness of Volks? :)

Ehh for a couple of days I wondered why I previously was asked for it and only now I have noticed the typo :facepalm:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Sweden 41
Russian Federation 39
Poland 7
Germany 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %